haha you're everywhere

and NO!
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
You can get that bluesy tone with a tiny bit of distortion, use a neck pickup and pick close to the neck, and turn up treble and middle a tiny bit.

Unless you mean the wah part. In which case - buy a wah pedal?
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
is this a serious question? i honestly can't tell, learn your blues scale?

are you talking about his tone?

wtf is the real question! end this madness
no, the actual blues, I can get the tone, but to me that doesn't sound like a pentatonic scale or anything, I dnno, it sounds like alot of notes at the same time, I know Hillel did alot of slap/fingerpick

reminds me of this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3LrZKcp2ZcQ
well, I'm going to share with you the universal laws for being awesomeat guitar:
1) PRACTICE!!!
2) LEARN THEORY!!!
3) DON' SUCK!!!
3) PRACTICE AND LEARN THEORY UNTIL YOU DON'T SUCK!!!
4) worship at the altar of a guitar-god, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, john Petrucci, Eric Johnson, SRV, Paul Gilbert, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Slash, Jimi Hendrix and sooo many others are good choices
5) just let the music flow, DON'T TRY TO PUSH IT!!! just go with what you're feeling
6) (see rules 1-4, rinse and repeat as necessary)
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Plucking the double stops with your fingers, its an old blues trick. Alot of oldschool blues players didn't use picks, it gives you more of an agressive sound when you're playing.

How does it not sound like its in the blues scale? it is exactly in the standard penatonic blues scale.

Learning the fretboard really helps you think outside the box, learning scales in different positions makes you sound less and less reptetitve when you're improvising. It also helps you sound less attached to box methods, theres only 12 notes on the guitar.. and even less in a scale.
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Dec 12, 2007,
Quote by Jastul
well, I'm going to share with you the universal laws for being awesomeat guitar:
1) PRACTICE!!!
2) LEARN THEORY!!!
3) DON' SUCK!!!
4) worship at the altar of a guitar-god, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, john Petrucci, Eric Johnson, SRV, Paul Gilbert, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Slash, Jimi Hendrix and sooo many others are good choices
5) just let the music flow, DON'T TRY TO PUSH IT!!! just go with what you're feeling

+10,000
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by Jastul
1) PRACTICE!!!
2) LEARN THEORY!!!
3) DON' SUCK!!!

lol, I do practice alot but that blues he played just sounds good to me, it sounds different.

I know it traces back to early blues, whereas most blues I've heard is blues/rock and hendrixy stuff, but i've never tried to play blues like that.

it just sounds so different
if I cared enough i'd pick up my guitar and tell you the exact notes hes playing, but i dont

you can do it yourself though, I have a good enough idea.
Thanks guys, I've never really been expose to that style of blues before, ever since I discovered John Frusciante, I've been playing his style of blues solos
Quote by TDKshorty
Thanks guys, I've never really been expose to that style of blues before, ever since I discovered John Frusciante, I've been playing his style of blues solos

well, hes definantly not the best blues guitarist to immitate, neither is slovak for that matter. if you want to start playing blues, start listening to real blues
I'm not interested in blues really right now, right now I'm really into the RHCP mothers milk albums and the early hillel stuff, just wild funky punk stuff

now that i'm done with my steve vai phase