I have to have an answer by tommorow. Please help me. I tried the valveking out today in GC and didnt think it was the best.

I play alot of Metal but i play alot of softer stuff too. I so basically i want to know the amp that will crunch the hardest without a pedal. I am asking this because my guitar center had the 50/212 for 500$!!!

Thanks
-Joe
Hey Joe,
The Valveking 112 Is a great amp,i own it also. It Definately has more distortion,and crunch.
I also play alot of metal,and the valvking rocks at it and any other style.Ther only down side of it is that it is not as loud or doesnt seem as loud as the Classic 50,but if you run it through a 2 or 4 speaker cab it definately catches up.
The classic 50 pack lots of punch,but not much distortion.If you were playing tunes such as Ted Nugent Or some older Ac/Dc,the Classic 50 would be the way to go.IT is also Heavier but seems a tad louder.Loses some distortion also when turned up around 5 but you dont even need it tht loud though.If ran with a dist or overdrive pedal it would probably be the way to go.
I know this as I own the Valveking 112, and my father has been using the classic 50 for about 13 years.
So Id say go with the valveking.
Quote by fastfretjazz
Hey Joe,
The Valveking 112 Is a great amp,i own it also. It Definately has more distortion,and crunch.
I also play alot of metal,and the valvking rocks at it and any other style.Ther only down side of it is that it is not as loud or doesnt seem as loud as the Classic 50,but if you run it through a 2 or 4 speaker cab it definately catches up.
The classic 50 pack lots of punch,but not much distortion.If you were playing tunes such as Ted Nugent Or some older Ac/Dc,the Classic 50 would be the way to go.IT is also Heavier but seems a tad louder.Loses some distortion also when turned up around 5 but you dont even need it tht loud though.If ran with a dist or overdrive pedal it would probably be the way to go.
I know this as I own the Valveking 112, and my father has been using the classic 50 for about 13 years.
So Id say go with the valveking.

Thanks you.

other people input would be great too

oh and another question. do you think its possible to get a Mesa Boogie amp ( a combo) for around 650$ used?
The Valveking has more crunch, but the classic has better cleans.
And you might can find a Mesa that cheap if your lucky on eBay.
Quote by rockr09
The Valveking has more crunch, but the classic has better cleans.
And you might can find a Mesa that cheap if your lucky on eBay.

thanks.

When i played the valveking the distortion seemed a bit farty, anyone think that also?

and do yall recommend waiting a month and spending 800$ on an amp?
Classic is better.
In most every way.
The valveking without a boosting pedal has a bit more gain on tap, but at the sacrifice of cleans and lower gain tones. Just get the classic and a bad monkey, and you're set!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Classic is better.
In most every way.
The valveking without a boosting pedal has a bit more gain on tap, but at the sacrifice of cleans and lower gain tones. Just get the classic and a bad monkey, and you're set!

thanks.

now, can anyone suggest a better amp in the 600-750$ range?
I got a clip of my Peavey Classic 50 on it's higher gain settings on my profile if you want an idea of what it can do.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
I got a clip of my Peavey Classic 50 on it's higher gain settings on my profile if you want an idea of what it can do.

tahnks, ill check it out.
B-52 AT Series, and not just because I own one. I like to put the gain at around 5 then boost it with an OD such as my bad monkey, and it sounds pretty good for what you're paying.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
The valve king 212 is only a little bit more than the valveking 112 in aus,dunno about in texas But go for the valveking 212
Quote by A7XRemenissions
B-52 AT Series, and not just because I own one. I like to put the gain at around 5 then boost it with an OD such as my bad monkey, and it sounds pretty good for what you're paying.

are the B-52s good without an OD pedal, cause i really dont want to have to use a pedal for distortion...
I haven't tried B-52s, but they're usually pretty well liked on this forum.
But, the peavey classic is easier to get. I'd get the classic. Not just because I own one, but because it's a very good medium to shape your tone with pedals. It sounds great on it's own too. If you plug into the bright input, you get very fendery cleans, and plug in the normal for a bit of a "middle of the road" clean between fender and marshall cleans. As for getting distortion for metal, just run your guitar through a EH metal muff and plug er in!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
here is the Peavey Classic 50 on the Crunch Channel with gain set at around 6-7, master volume was around 5-6. oh and it doesnt seem to loose any gain at all above 6(think someone mentioned gain loss), hell i've pushed it to 8, but now i just have a massive headache!

IMO its good for anything from blues to hard rock, you can touch the surface of the metal genre just a hair, but probably want a petal of course.
i get plenty of crunch without a petal.

anyways here is a youtube video i made of it:
camcorder mic isnt the best lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvSXID0QLk
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...