basically im gonna buy my first pedal for a guitar though i normally play bass

i was inclined to buy a basic distortion pedal and was recommended the BOSS DS-1 and Os-2 and the MARSHAL GUV'NOR but the guy in sisted that i should buy theZomm G1x multi fx but multi fx are too fiddly unless you program them and im really after simplicity what do you recommend, thanx guys.
Quote by Roc8995
I ran into some fingering issues. I can get it up to speed the way I've been fingering it, but I'm wondering if you guys have any better ideas, because it seems like there should be an easier way to finger this.

Don't worry there is Roc, there is
price range? Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer is amazing.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
140 australian i believe so thats probably 110 American
Quote by Roc8995
I ran into some fingering issues. I can get it up to speed the way I've been fingering it, but I'm wondering if you guys have any better ideas, because it seems like there should be an easier way to finger this.

i kept telling the guy that i don't feel a zoom is necessary and he kept stating that it's got a wah pedal and modulator and he sort of conviced me but it's to fiddly so i think thats off the list
Quote by Roc8995

it's not "necessary". zoom sucks. period. all affordable multi-effects aren't even near good quality.

get a wah pedal. they're awesome. real fun to play with. check out a Vox V847A. awesome first pedal.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
are the vox good for hi gain stuff or clean stuff assuming clean due to it being vox which is cool cause i love the chilipeppers and hendrix but i like the metallica dream theater style stuff too

IM SOOOO CONFUZED
Quote by Roc8995

hm... u might just want a Dunlop 535Q... tad expensive tho. wanna expand your budget? save up for a while?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
how much is the dunlop is that a crybaby ?
Quote by Roc8995

quite frankly $140 AUD inst going to get you quality stuff, a vox v847 wah is usually around $180 AUD. what kind of pedal do you actually want? typically good distortion comes from an amp not a pedal and IMO all pedals with a lot of gain at that price bracket are really, really poor quality. If you want something to get your sound really heavy you could probably pick up one of the heavier boss or digitech pedals but as almost anyone on this forum will tell you, they sound like rubbish (especially the MT-2).

If you can't increase your budget you are almost guaranteed to get a bad pedal, unless you look used where many more options would be available.

edit: ^ the 535Q is listed at $339 AUD at guitar.com.au
Ibanez SA2020FM Prestige
Ernie Ball Musicman Albert Lee 07 LE
Fender roadworn telecaster
VOX ac50cp 2x12
Boss blues driver BD-2
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Homebrew Electronics THC chorus
Guyatone FLIP tube echo
Boss Graphic EQ GE-7
Last edited by Lbrooks at Dec 13, 2007,
im leaning more so to distortion can u tell me more about the tube screamer is it the best of the midrange i now have 180 AUD budget
Quote by Roc8995

Well, tubescreamers are fantastic the TS7 is around $100 AUD but it is not in the same league as a TS808 what i would recommend is getting a TS7 and mod it to 808 specs or pick up a bad monkey.

I would play a few different tubescreamers first to make sure that they will get you the sound you want, because honestly a TS through an amps clean channel will get nowhere near metal gain. Most guitarists use tubescreamers to push an already driven amp over the edge but to get to that level of gain it DOES need the amp to already be driven.

If you were thinking of using a tubescreamer to try and push a driven solid state amp I assure you that it will sound bad.

All in all, the only way to pick a pedal is to go out and play LOTS of them until you find the one you want.
Ibanez SA2020FM Prestige
Ernie Ball Musicman Albert Lee 07 LE
Fender roadworn telecaster
VOX ac50cp 2x12
Boss blues driver BD-2
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Homebrew Electronics THC chorus
Guyatone FLIP tube echo
Boss Graphic EQ GE-7
thanx guys
Quote by Roc8995

What amp are you using? I'd put money on a Tubescreamer being an expensive waste of money for you, your current rig is most likely not in a position to take advantage of it. THere is no point buying expensive pedals unless you have a comparatively expensive amp to plug them into.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com