Poll: 120 Dollars for Fret Inlays?
Poll Options
View poll results: 120 Dollars for Fret Inlays?
Yes . I need It
54 47%
No. I rather smoke that 120 dollars
60 53%
Voters: 114.
Page 1 of 2
So long as there were dots along the top of the neck, I personally wouldn't pay $120 for inlays on the front. I would prefer to see where my fingers are going, though =P
If they were the PRS birds, then yes.

For dots, no.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Well, I reckon it depends on the material, the shape and whether or not they've already been layed into the fretboard.

I rarely use the inlays for reference anyway. I practice with my eyes closed.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
standard inlays, nothing GoDly. and not just dots. 2:1 would spend the extra money so far
i saw these sick jade (block) inlays... $120 is still pretty steep... prob not... unless it's like a prs dragon kinda inlay
Oh God, no!

I mean, having an awesome fretboard is cool and everything but £120!? I'd have an aneurism!
~:.*.:~She Is Your Suffering~:.*.:~

Quote by Green_Jelly
Hello Kitty. Everyone knows cats can't play guitar.
if i had enough money that it didnt matter, i would get them if they were rly cool. otherwise, no
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
yea depends on how much the rest of the guitar cost and what the inlays were

vague questions are stupid
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Not really. I hate inlays at the best of times, distracting buggers.

That said, while I wouldn't pay out for fretboard inlays, I'm happy to pay out top whack for good, purely decorative, headstock inlays.
if they where trapazoid inlays on an Es- 335 then yes, if not no
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I don't smoke, so I'll use the money for the inlays:P
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
well you do not have to smoke +) just a figurative saying that the money will be burned away on something else
Quote by GoldenTrees
well you do not have to smoke +) just a figurative saying that the money will be burned away on something else

you obviously want them so get 'em, otherwise you'll regret being cheap afterwards.
Not unless it's custom in which case I'll already be spending a fortune anyways.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by kyrreca
On a $300 guitar, no.
On a $2000 guitar, yes

Agreed. Also $120 wouldn't be bad if it were, say PRS Birds or Jackson Sharkfins made of MOP.
No, I wouldn't pay that much. Playing without inlays will probably be hard in the beginning, but you would get used to it.
it depends on the guitar and the inlays that are put in, if it is just block or standard inlays, then no, if it is something way sick then yes
I just want MOP block inlays, which don't cost that much
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I would pay for them only if the frets spelled out across the fretboard "I payed $120 for these inlays."

Also, they had damned better be in alabone.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
yep, if it didnt, the guitar wouldnt be as cool
but they would have to be very sexy and albanone(sp)
you know, the inlays would have to be like the most complex yet sick inlays ive ever seen
Quote by easthatred
Id have the inlays be my face because im that fecking cool

Screw that. I would have them put one big inlay across the entire fretboard... you can guess what it would be of
Quote by mafropetee
Screw that. I would have them put one big inlay across the entire fretboard... you can guess what it would be of

We are talking about guitar necks not a 1 inch kazoo
Quote by easthatred
We are talking about guitar necks not a 1 inch kazoo

Wait, I thought we were talking about a baritone. Sorry.
i dont smoke. i would spend that money on something else...prolly save up for something much kooler

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
For PRS birds or Ibanez double sharktooth inalys, yes. For other things... no
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by mafropetee
I would pay for them only if the frets spelled out across the fretboard "I payed $120 for these inlays."

Also, they had damned better be in alabone.

You could have that too, if you miss out the spaces it's 24 letters :P

Edit: and no, I wouldn't, if the guitar had no marks to tell me where to go I'd just draw something on with a marker
if they are really cool inlays and my guitar has dot inlay(which i don´t like very much) maybe
Man people on this site are cheap. This is an expensive hobby if you are a gear head. For me an extra $120 isn't much when looking at guitar considering I just got a pedal that cost $120. My guess is most people here are kids who don't have any money and their parents don't give them much so I can see where $120 for inlays sounds expensive.
Page 1 of 2