hey guys. was just wondering which amp would be better for hard rock and metal the jcm 800 or the jvm 410. cheers.
It's personal preference. I have played both and I would take the JCM800. If you are going to need some fair amounts of gain maybe the JVM then, but you can always put a pedal infront of the 800. You'll have to play both.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
I would pick a JCM800 over a JVM any day- the JVM IS nice, but imo it's not all that it's cracked up to be and not worth the price.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
when will a non-Marshall-owner come and say "why do you need a Marshall?"
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Pfft. Everyone needs a Marshall...

Seriously, though, you don't need a Marshall. If you find one you like, good, but there are so many other amps out there that you could be missing out on the perfect amp for you by restricting yourself.
Quote by Denthúl
Pfft. Everyone needs a Marshall...

Seriously, though, you don't need a Marshall. If you find one you like, good, but there are so many other amps out there that you could be missing out on the perfect amp for you by restricting yourself.

+1

People have to stop being so hung up on famous brands. I don't have anything against Marshall, except the fact that they use their good reputation to sell ****ty amps like the MG and AVT to n00bs who think they'll get the same amp Slash uses. But the whole idea that "it's not just an amp it's a Marshall amp" is just silly.