I have searched, but just couldn't find anything. The RG370DX is basswood, and I've heard that the EMG85 suits it better than the 81 in the bridge position.

Anyways, I play lots of metal and metalcore, along the lines of Slayer, Arch Enemy, Carcass, KSE and LoG. I already have an RG321mh with an EMG81 in the bridge and I'm very happy with it. My amp is a 6505 with an ashdown 4x12, but soon a Marshall 1922 2x12. The current pups in the 370DX is the standard INF3 and 4.

It isn't all that easy to try out the same guitar with those two pickups, on the same amp and cabinet. I’m buying used so I can always sell it without much loss. Now what would you recommend me? I just want your opinion, so I can try to decide between the 85 and the JB.
If you already have an EMG in a guitar, I'd go for a passive pickup. And I wouldn't go for the JB either, if I were you. A Custom Custom would be better, in my opinion. How much can you spend on a pickup?
A Custom Custom?

Preferably something under 70 dollars used. Probably buying from eBay.
Yeah. Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom. It's really good for that hi-gain type of thing. A pretty good pickup, if you ask me.
I'd definitely stay away from the JB.

You could grab a customized pickup at www.HighOrderPickups.com for about that much; or you could get a Rockfield Mafia.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Why should I really stay away from the JB? When both of the Amotts use it, and many other metalbands also do, and get away with a great metal tone. There has to be something special with it...? I thought it was pretty high output?
It's sort of a 'meh' pickup. There are far better pickups out there. The Custom Custom would be far better for metal and high-gain sorts of things. The JB isn't really brilliant at anything. Just...okay.
Quote by Dores
Why should I really stay away from the JB? When both of the Amotts use it, and many other metalbands also do, and get away with a great metal tone. There has to be something special with it...? I thought it was pretty high output?

It is high output, but is very thin and trebly.

It's pretty good for 80s hair metal... and that's about it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.