Page 1 of 2
Im buying my mcr fan friend a misfits cd, i know few songs off misfits but i dont know what cd i should get her, shes new to misfits too..THANKIES!
Don't. Get her something good, like the s/t Clash or Ramones album.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Mcr fans listening to the misfits.

...sounds about right, actually.

You should buy her something that isn't the misfits so she can hear some decent music.
The above two are correct.

However, if you really must, buy Walk Among Us. However, your emo friend will prefer Static Age.

I like a few Misfits songs, but much of it is crap.
I like Static Age best, but you should get Walk Among Us that that your friend doesn't get more scene
Again...Walk Among Us. It's a good MIsfit's album to start with. Once she sarts liking them more she'll probably get into some of their rare stuff. And pay no attention to those on here telling you to ditch the Misfits for something else like ...The Ramones.
misfits ****ing rule, you douchbags.
your mcr friend probably just likes them because of their logo......
but, get the 12 hits from hell cd, start from astro zombies, hybrid moments, die die my darling, last caress, where eagles there, T H E N american psycho, dig up her bones, from hell they came
Quote by recklessnick
misfits ****ing rule, you douchbags.
your mcr friend probably just likes them because of their logo......
but, get the 12 hits from hell cd, start from astro zombies, hybrid moments, die die my darling, last caress, where eagles there, T H E N american psycho, dig up her bones, from hell they came

I agree with most of those suggestions...but be aware (as most of you are) that the later titles didn't have Danzig, but had that Graves guy. And in the later titles Jerry Only became Christian, vowing to eliminate foul language from Misfits records completely (when he wasn't "spreading the gospel" with Christ the Conquerer). They are still a good band during this time but I prefer the old over the new...even though Dr. Phibes Rises Again is a kickass song.
THEY HAVE A SONG ABOUT PHIBES?

God Phibes is a funny film XD

Also, I still don't know how you can dislike The Ramones. They're about a gazillion times better than The Misfits
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob

Also, I still don't know how you can dislike The Ramones. They're about a gazillion times better than The Misfits

Matter of opinion... and I was going to state this on the Ramones thread last night, actually I did state it about 4 times but every time I did my computer froze rigth as I posted it. But anyways....
To Brian Apocolypse:

I never said that punk bands have to have a political message, I just said I dont think the Ramones had a REAL message. And I'm sorry you don't think I belong in this forum subgenre just becasue I don't like the Ramones. It didn't state in the rules I read that in order to like punk you had to like the Ramones. And frankly, I don't know why you were so upset (as it showed in you essay of a response), I didn' make any generalizations about the Ramones nor sated their faults to be of fact, I just stated MY OPINION, which is the point of a thread, I think. Which is also why I'm ending this briefly, because this isn't the Ramones thread, and I shouldn't have posted here...sorry to the TS. If you wish to respond Brian, leave it on the Ramones thread.
Quote by SuperBlob

Back on subject...I like the Misfits better kind of just because they were something different when ever the punk/hardcore seen was revolutionizing music. They weren't out to do that and stayed away from all the hype just doing their own thing. I know some will respond saying "misfits didn't have a message either", but that's not the only problem I have with Ramones, their music just doesn't capture my interest...and I don't like Joey's voice.
P.S. I don't like all misfits so no one on here thinks I'm a misfits fanatic. I realize a lot of their songs have a popy structure to them, which is one thing I don't like about them. They are kiind of similar, I just prefer Misfits.
Get her American Psycho, chances are if shes an MCR fan then shes got a really bad taste in music, and noone needs another scene **** walking around with a Misfits shirt, skeleton gloves, and Misfits ****ing armbands telling thier friends how cool they think Danzig is because they know the name of a song
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
Why the hell are you posting here and not in the Ramones thread?

Jesus Christ. Do you have Down Tim Armstrong syndrome or something?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Why the hell are you posting here and not in the Ramones thread?

Jesus Christ. Do you have Down Tim Armstrong syndrome or something?

I became aware of what thread this was after I typed everything, if you read my post carefully it states that. And I apologized to the TS, it just slipped my mind about the whole "spam" thing.
I take my last post back, get her Earth AD and scare her away from the Misfits
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by jpate770
I became aware of what thread this was after I typed everything, if you read my post carefully it states that. And I apologized to the TS, it just slipped my mind about the whole "spam" thing.

Cut and paste is your friend.

Anyways, I wrote you a reply.
Quote by SuperBlob

misfits>ramones , but thats me. but i dont think misfits are a gazillion times better
but i dont think misfits are a gazillion times better

yes the misfits are a gazillion times better, i can give two ****s for the ramones.
but thats my opinion

^have to say that at the end so someee people wont get offended
Quote by gooch911

yes the misfits are a gazillion times better, i can give two ****s for the ramones.
but thats my opinion

I agree, but, most of you already know that.
Quote by gooch911

but thats my opinion

You're opinion sucks but that's just my opinion
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by rosemetal17
Im buying my mcr fan friend a misfits cd, i know few songs off misfits but i dont know what cd i should get her, shes new to misfits too..THANKIES!

heres what you did wrong:

you assumed your friend actually enjoys the music she listens to. She more than likely doesn't, and even if she is the type of person who enjoys MCR, then she won't enjoy the misfits. its all wrong.

get her something closer to what she'd like. Like a Midtown album or something

also, you said thankies.
^haha

why were you even thinking of the misfits when thinking about mcr, they are completely very much in every way different..i think your friend would more than likely befriend you if you ever bought her a misfits cd.
What about psychobilly? It would better than the misfits aka tshirt at Hot Topic.

The Meteors, The Creepshow, and stuff like that.
c'mon people meteors creepshow? those are not immediately regonizable punk rawk shirts, it's all about listening to a misfits song midly enjoying it so she can get all the gear!
btw bring her to a show and let her see how much the fits suck live bet she'll be a fan after that.
hahah and one time my friends friend is jerry only's nepwhe and this kid calls him uncle jerry, and i was hanging out with some other of my friends and he said something like 'yeah my uncles in the fits!'
Flaming much worse than Ug forums have ever done to anybody.
Quote by crustyreed
c'mon people meteors creepshow? those are not immediately regonizable punk rawk shirts, it's all about listening to a misfits song midly enjoying it so she can get all the gear!
btw bring her to a show and let her see how much the fits suck live bet she'll be a fan after that.
hahah and one time my friends friend is jerry only's nepwhe and this kid calls him uncle jerry, and i was hanging out with some other of my friends and he said something like 'yeah my uncles in the fits!'
Flaming much worse than Ug forums have ever done to anybody.

I had to read that 3 times over just to make sense of it.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
I had to read that 3 times over just to make sense of it.

yeah last bit was confusing as hell. should of seen this though, kid said it expecting to be some kind of hero for knowing jerry
Quote by crustyreed
yeah last bit was confusing as hell. should of seen this though, kid said it expecting to be some kind of hero for knowing jerry

no, he was looking for sympathy.

it'd suck balls to be related to only.
get the caroline custom album technically i think its self titled but its the one with the black skull and the green background it has a lot of the songs off earth AD
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by original=punk
no, he was looking for sympathy.

it'd suck balls to be related to only.

if your looking for a good misfits cd to get just get the plan 9 cd. this is the one with the black skull and the yellow background. it is a collection of the old misfits, even though it leaves out one of my favs, last caress.
Page 1 of 2