Page 1 of 2
interested in rock band on ps3
anyone know when it comes to the UK and how much its gonna be
Quote by tands
lots o bucks,

its cheaper, funner and theres more potential in starting a real band, sell your ps3 to cover recording costs for your EP and your on your way to being in a real rock band!!!

yeh i no its better to be in a real band but at parties you cant all pick up guitars and drums and all play metallica and so on
why do people get joy out of playing a 5 button or 10 button piece of plastic when you can play a real guitar or real drums.. just wondering
Current Setup

Schecter Blackjack C7
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Peavey 5150II Head
Peavey 6505 Cab w/ two Eminence Texas Heat
Epi PR5-e
Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by playmetal5150
why do people get joy out of playing a 5 button or 10 button piece of plastic when you can play a real guitar or real drums.. just wondering

Cause its fun.
Thats like saying, why play SOCOM when you can join the army and get killed for real
Quote by playmetal5150

i really dont know
its just fun as
Quote by a6l6e6x1
yeh i no its better to be in a real band but at parties you cant all pick up guitars and drums and all play metallica and so on

u could if ur friends arent all gaming nerds, not like you would be able to make it through a metallica track without practice anyway

US$169.99 i believe, u can convert it at xe.com for your currency
Quote by tands
u could if ur friends arent all gaming nerds, not like you would be able to make it through a metallica track without practice anyway

US$169.99 i believe, u can convert it at xe.com for your currency

i can but not all my mates play instrument..couple do but there not very good
and you don't have to be a gaming nerd to pass metallica on medium!
Quote by a6l6e6x1
i can but not all my mates play instrument..couple do but there not very good
and you don't have to be a gaming nerd to pass metallica on medium!

o im sorry, i had no idea you already had the game and where playing it on medium

just this is the reason why you will never be a rock star, as long as your cool with that enjoy your game
Quote by tands
o im sorry, i had no idea you already had the game and where playing it on medium

just this is the reason why you will never be a rock star, as long as your cool with that enjoy your game

i already am in a band and we gt encored at our last gig..it seems you just think you cant have fun outside of band practice
Quote by a6l6e6x1
i already am in a band and we gt encored at our last gig..it seems you just think you cant have fun outside of band practice

you can, but every hour you play rock band someone else is writting a hit song that you arnt. Keep track of your gaming hours youd be surprised how much time u waste.

Theres 746,899 members on this forum, all trying to make it big. 10 of them will and your wasting your chance by playing rock band

Its all or nothing in music buisness
Quote by tands
you can, but every hour you play rock band someone else is writting a hit song that you arnt. Keep track of your gaming hours youd be surprised how much time u waste.

Theres 746,899 members on this forum, all trying to make it big. 10 of them will and your wasting your chance by playing rock band

10 of them? youre being generous...
Quote by tands

Last time I checked having fun wasn't a waste of time. if it is I may as well kill myself now because I'll never amount to anybody who does anything apart from enjoy themselves.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by tands

Over 3/4 of them people you mentioned just play for fun.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy eh? Just dont kill your family in Winter
No. Get Guitar Hero 3 instead. It's just better.
Guns N' Roses Fan!
Slash rules!

Gear:
Fender Squier Affinity Fat Strat (Navy)
Fender Frontman 15G Amp
Quote by tands

Who cares, really? The chances are that none of us on this site are going to make it big. Why would he want to spend all his time practicing if he doesn't find that fun? I completely agree that these games shouldn't take the place of an instrument, but there's nothing wrong with playing them. Not everyone is musically gifted, and there are plenty of people who can't play or learn an instrument to save their lives. Some of those people might be this person's friend, and would enjoy playing a game in which they get to be in a "band" and play music together.

Please, seriously...don't be such an elitist prick about these games. You're going WAY overbaord on this subject.
Quote by tands
i was just trying to help, guess not everyone has the drive it takes, enjoy your games, ill stick to writing the songs that will appear on them

Dude it dont take drive. It takes will power. If you want to you can do at least somthing. And your pretty damn sure your gonna make it big. I guess il have to suck penis when you headline with Metallica then?
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
Dude it dont take drive. It takes will power. If you want to you can do at least somthing. And your pretty damn sure your gonna make it big. I guess il have to suck penis when you headline with Metallica then?

drive, will, its like the same thing rly.

here a little demonstration of why drive or will is all you need to make it

Boston - spent 6 years on their first album going broke over and over again getting turned down by labels for 6 years

Iron Madien went through a similar thing for 4 years

and Metallica had problems getting gigs in their home town

what happened to these bands, Boston released their first album selling 13 million copies making it the most successful debut album of all time, Iron Madien became huge and 4 years after Metallica couldnt get a gig in their hometown Enter Sandman reachs #1 on the billboard

so ya, if i keep at it for 4 years, you might end up having to suck my penis, i might end up having to suck yours if you work harder then me though
Tands you're a dick not everybody who plays an instrument wants to make it big and if you spend all your time writing songs then you must really not have much of a life if you consider it a waste of time to go out and have fun with your friends, and I doubt any of your songs will be in any videogames anytime soon
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
So tands, why don't you get the fuck off UG and go practice?

I understand that it takes dedication to "make it big" but I tried that once and it took all the fun out of it for me (not with guitar). I'd much rather have fun playing and keep it as a hobby, rather than dedicating my entire life to this one very small chance that someday, somehow, after years of scraping by and working for it, I'll "make it big". When I can have fun and jam with my friends and play a couple gigs here and there in my spare time and still have a life and a job.

You also fail to mention that your songs have to be GOOD to make it big.
Rock Band looks wicked cool. If I had 200 extra dollars (and friends), I would so buy it.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by gibsonpenguin
So tands, why don't you get the fuck off UG and go practice?

I understand that it takes dedication to "make it big" but I tried that once and it took all the fun out of it for me (not with guitar). I'd much rather have fun playing and keep it as a hobby, rather than dedicating my entire life to this one very small chance that someday, somehow, after years of scraping by and working for it, I'll "make it big". When I can have fun and jam with my friends and play a couple gigs here and there in my spare time and still have a life and a job.

You also fail to mention that your songs have to be GOOD to make it big.

cause im at work and can not practice for I am at work

if you want to play guitar as hobby thats cool, but you cant play rock band and make it is my point

your songs dont have to be good, hense KISS who was about their image and thats how they made it
Quote by tands

if you want to play guitar as hobby thats cool, but you cant play rock band and make it is my point

your songs dont have to be good, hense KISS who was about their image and thats how they made it

Since when is the only thing people want to do is "make it"? I hate people like you who look down on people who do things for fun because everything you do you take incredibly seriously. Get that stick out of your ass.

Okay, KISS made it, and people still listen to their songs all the time. It's not just image, apparently people *gasp* like their music! Who would've thought?
I read your post perfectly fine and just seemed to notice quite a sense of elitism in the majority of your posts.
Quote by tands

Quote by tands

Quote by tands

Quote by tands
i was just trying to help, guess not everyone has the drive it takes, enjoy your games, ill stick to writing the songs that will appear on them

You sound like a prick, that's all I'm saying.
Surprise, surprise, somebody got angry because you wouldn't stop talking like you're better than everybody else.

My problem is that you sound like a self-righteous prick who thinks that he's better than everybody else.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
Surprise, surprise, somebody got angry because you wouldn't stop talking like you're better than everybody else.

My problem is that you sound like a self-righteous prick who thinks that he's better than everybody else.

1. i never said im better then anyone else
2. your pushing me down so your no better now
3. you seem to be a South Park fan, Maybe youve seen the Guitar Queer episode, thats my argument there, so i guess there self-righteous pricks too
Quote by tands
1. i never said im better then anyone else
2. your pushing me down so your no better now
3. you seem to be a South Park fan, Maybe youve seen the Guitar Queer episode, thats my argument there, so i guess there self-righteous pricks too

1.You never said it outright, but that seemed to be the implication of your posts. My main example is the "I guess not everybody has the drive that I do, etc. etc.".
2. I'm not attempting to push you down below me. I'm merely saying that you are not better than anybody else, as your posts seemed to mean.
3. I have seen that episode. In what way are they self-righteous pricks?
Stan and Kyle play Guitar Hero.
Stan and Kyle get signed to a record label to play Guitar Hero and break 1,000,000 points on the game.
Stan ditches Kyle for another, better guy.
Kyle gives up on the game while Stan gets addicted to Heroin Hero and loses the new partner he had.
Stan fails miserably to beat 1,000,000 points alone.
Stan comes back to Kyle because he realizes that it wasn't the "fame" he was after, it was having fun with his friend.
Stan and Kyle score 1,000,000 points, and the only thing that happens is it says "YOU....ARE.....FAGS!!!!"
Stan and Kyle say, "well that's it?" and then go off to do something else.
Butters and Cartman then pick up the game and start to play.

At one point Stan does feel that he's better than anybody else, but that is a mockery of the typical "rock star" attitude. Then he gets his head level by failing miserably to beat 1,000,000 points and realizing that it was having fun with Kyle that he enjoyed, not breaking the high score. I think this episode proves my point better than yours.
Last edited by gibsonpenguin at Dec 13, 2007,
Quote by gibsonpenguin
1.You never said it outright, but that seemed to be the implication of your posts. My main example is the "I guess not everybody has the drive that I do, etc. etc.".
2. I'm not attempting to push you down below me. I'm merely saying that you are not better than anybody else, as your posts seemed to mean.
3. I have seen that episode. In what way are they self-righteous pricks?
Stan and Kyle play Guitar Hero.
Stan and Kyle get signed to a record label to play Guitar Hero and break 1,000,000 points on the game.
Stan ditches Kyle for another, better guy.
Kyle gives up on the game while Stan gets addicted to Heroin Hero and loses the new partner he had.
Stan fails miserably to beat 1,000,000 points alone.
Stan comes back to Kyle because he realizes that it wasn't the "fame" he was after, it was having fun with his friend.
Stan and Kyle score 1,000,000 points, and the only that happens is it says "YOU....ARE.....FAGS!!!!"
Stan and Kyle say, "well that's it?" and then go off to do something else.
Butters and Cartman then pick up the game and start to play.

At one point Stan does feel that he's better than anybody else, but that is a mockery of the typical "rock star" attitude. Then he gets his head level by failing miserably to beat 1,000,000 points and realizing that it was having fun with Kyle that he enjoyed, not breaking the high score. I think this episode proves my point better than yours.

1. yea and thats the truth, i never said there was anything wrong with playing guitar as a hobby infact i recall saying "if you want to play guitar as hobby thats cool," i then said "but you cant play rock band and make it is my point"
2. i never said your a fag for playing these games, i said you wont make it big if u do. and thats true, how that makes me come across as a prick i dont know
3. i know how it goes, my point is what randy and his wife say, if those boys spent as much time creating real music who knows what they might accomplish,

so like u said yea the episode proves your point better then mine but you failed to see my point even after as i said it as clearly as - my point is

im sorry i come across as a prick but thats your view, i dont see how any of this had to do with you, you just jumped in and started calling people pricks so your coming across as a asshole
Last edited by tands at Dec 13, 2007,
Quote by tands

yeah, because NO ONE ever liked KISS.
Quote by tands
1. yea and thats the truth, i never said there was anything wrong with playing guitar as a hobby infact i recall saying "if you want to play guitar as hobby thats cool," i then said "but you cant play rock band and make it is my point"
2. i never said your a fag for playing these games, i said you wont make it big if u do. and thats true, how that makes me come across as a prick i dont know
3. i know how it goes, my point is what randy and his wife say, if those boys spent as much time creating real music who knows what they might accomplish,

so like u said yea the episode proves your point better then mine but you failed to see my point even after as i said it as clearly as - my point is

im sorry i come across as a prick but thats your view, i dont see how any of this had to do with you, you just jumped in and started calling people pricks so your coming across as a asshole

I came in here because I was reading through the thread and noticed that you happened to sound like you were completely full of yourself. I made a comment about how you were spending time here instead of practicing and how I don't understand why it sounded like you were so against playing for fun.

You came off as a prick by saying things like:
Quote by tands
guess not everyone has the drive it takes, enjoy your games, ill stick to writing the songs that will appear on them

I see your point perfectly clearly. Rock Band doesn't get you famous. No shit Sherlock. Odds are, playing guitar won't get you famous either.

Also, according to various other posts, I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
Page 1 of 2