These to be exact:

I already know im going to need to loosen my truss rod, but could they do damage to my neck?

Also, any input/other suggestions would help too.

thanks
If your guitar came with 9's (a strat) you may need to swap the nut, but definitely adjust the truss rod, saddle height, intonation and spring tension on a tremolo
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
yeah like the guy above said, you'll need to add some springs if you have a trem with springs...floyd rose....but you got no problem on damaging the guitar
Actually, you'll probably have to tighten your truss rod, but you won't know what change there will be until you make the change. Things to check for:

- intonation
- action
- neck relief
- bridge angle
- nut slots
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Actually, you'll probably have to tighten your truss rod, but you won't know what change there will be until you make the change. Things to check for:

- intonation
- action
- neck relief
- bridge angle
- nut slots

Yeah, what he just said. And yes you will have to tighten the truss rod, not loosen it. If you loosen it, the tension of the heavier strings will bow your neck forward, and that's a bad thing.

As mentioned you won't know how much of an adjustment is needed until you put the strings on and tune 'em up. Also wouldn't hurt to either replace the nut, or get the existing slots filed to accomodate the thickness.
Washburn Dime 333, Ibanez RG7620, LTD MH250NT w/ EMG 89x's
Modded Boss Metal Zone, Boss CE-5, DD-3, Intellifex
Jet City JCA2112RC, ADA MP-1 Preamp,
GK 400RB Bass head
Marshall and Ampeg 4x12 cabs
Quote by axe_2_grind
Yeah, what he just said. And yes you will have to tighten the truss rod, not loosen it. If you loosen it, the tension of the heavier strings will bow your neck forward, and that's a bad thing.

As mentioned you won't know how much of an adjustment is needed until you put the strings on and tune 'em up. Also wouldn't hurt to either replace the nut, or get the existing slots filed to accomodate the thickness.

I thought a little bow was a good thing, to reduce fretbuzz?
Thats what i did a couple weeks ago and to me it made my guitar play alot better.

Im using .10s now, so i thought with thicker strings it would make more fretbuzz, thus i would add a little more bow?

I have an Ibanez RG321, its a hardtail so i dont need to worry about a trem.

How would i know if i need a nut change? And if i did how would i go about doing it?
.11s aren't even heavy. I have .12s on my Ibanez, and .11s on my Gibson Les Paul.

But if you're going from something like .8 or .9 make sure you setup your guitar properly.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
I have 13-56 on my RG321Mh without a problem, although it's tuned to C standard. I wouldn't tune .11 to E without tightening the truss rod a little. I don't think there is any need to replace the nut.