After Christmas hopefully ill have some money to blow on whatever i want...But i dont know what to buy... Ive only asked for money,so hopefully ill get not many presents,but money lol Im already buying some drums from a friend (which probably wont set me back that much, i got a pretty good deal for them so yeah My other options are some effects for teh geetar, or some actual modifications to my squier... What would you pick? and if its an effects pedal, what would you recommend? I play a lot of blues, Led Zep and stuff like that...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I would keep it for about 2000 years. I bet they have better guitars then, and your money will be worth millions
A message to all readers: I’m a cynical, satirical, sadistic, heartless, sardonic, mocking, demotivating, derisive, scathing, contemptuous, disdainful, scornful and condescending guy. And I love it.

Quote by Amalgam
I like this guy's thinking.
What do you want?
What do you already have?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
^^ I dont need or want another one,i have three... All of which i love lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
buy happiness

can't go wrong with happiness
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
well you said you wanted to possibly buy something to upgrade your squier...hmm...heres my idea, get a new guitar...cause its a f**king squier.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by Doodleface
What do you want?
What do you already have?

I have 3 geets, Gibson SG, Fender Squier and a Line6 Variax 500, a marshall MG50DFX, a fender frontman 15r,an Axe Overdrive pedal (very old,but sounds pretty good) and a Digitech Whammy...
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
[quote="'']Was that randomest sentance you could think of or is that a good investment?
It could be a good investment...

I think
Last edited by sam b at Dec 13, 2007,
Quote by burgurhead1812
well you said you wanted to possibly buy something to upgrade your squier...hmm...heres my idea, get a new guitar...cause its a f**king squier.

May be a squier,but its a great guitar,i still play it a lot lol,ive never had one problem with it,i dont understand why people hate them so much... I love it I was thinking of some new pickups...
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
A new amp.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

^^ & ^ Both very promising...
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Get yourself an epiphone valve junior, and a digitech bad monkey.

Spoilt git
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

you have a squier, get a new decent guitar
Bands to see before I die:
Again:
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
JFAC
BTBAM
TesseracT
Pendulum

For the First time:
Periphery
Texures
Monuments
Mumford & Sons
The Prodigy
Paolo Nutini

CASTODIUM!!!
myspace.com/castodium
I'm going to suggest the really silly sounding old man stratogy. Put it in the bank, until you know what you really really want. Plus youll kick yourself in the balls after you spend it all and think man what a waste of money. Also make shure if you decide to buy anything like effects pedals you look into them, research and try listening to them.
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Last edited by ultimaterocker6 at Dec 14, 2007,
Quote by murray44

You should learn to play guitar before you buy a good one...
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by murray44

read the thread.

jebus.

TS: New amp. valve preferably. Or you could swim over the mersey and give your money to me.

you know you want to. A nice refreshing swim is exactly what you need in this weather.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
read the thread.

jebus.

TS: New amp. valve preferably. Or you could swim over the mersey and give your money to me.

you know you want to. A nice refreshing swim is exactly what you need in this weather.

Lol dont worry about him hes just ignorrant... I think a new amp would be a good thing to go for, just make sure you really look into them and chose the right one.
Quote by Slinov
i love you

Quote by jimbob78
Get yourself an epiphone valve junior, and a digitech bad monkey.

Spoilt git

I bloody knew somebody would say that The only guitar that i havent payed for with my own money is the Squier because my parents got me that for my birthday because thy saw i was getting back into guitar... I saved up all the money i got (pocket money,wages etc) for two years to get my Gibson,and about 9-10 months for the Line6 (second hand,good deal,eBay)
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Lemoninfluence
read the thread.

jebus.

Nope... Im going to a few shops in Liverpool tomorrow anyway to see what theyve got... Dawsons, Dolphin Music, Curly's and ADC Drums are the best shops in the city centre lol What shops does t3h L3m0n use then?? Ooh! I Use GAK too,but theyre the only ones really,CODA arent as good as they used to be
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
Nope... Im going to a few shops in Liverpool tomorrow anyway to see what theyve got... Dawsons, Dolphin Music, Curly's and ADC Drums are the best shops in the city centre lol What shops does t3h L3m0n use then?? Ooh! I Use GAK too,but theyre the only ones really,CODA arent as good as they used to be

I go to curlys and dolphin to browse and try things out, they have a decent selection and staff who aren't complete knobheads. Curlys should be able to give you a near GAK price, but chances are they won't be able to match it.

Dolphin compete with gak anyway so they should be able to match it. It's less laid back than curly's but they have a bigger selection and they're both definitely better than Dawsons.

I haven't been to ADC but the drummer from my old band used to swear by that shop so it can't be too bad.

ironically though, I've never bought a guitar or amp from either Curly's or Dolphin. I got my guitar as a gift from my parents, they bought it at moran sound or something and I found my amp in micromusic when I went in on a whim.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Send it to me, I need £3000 by 2009.

But in all seriousness, I'd go with putting it in the bank. Remember that you're still young, and there are probably going to be things you want to do in life that'll prove to be expensive (like an awesome-ass month long trip in some far-flung country) and you'll feel great about putting some money aside for it, even if it's a relatively small amount.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
why are YOU buying YOUR FRIEND a drumkit?

buy a new amp
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
IM not buying MY FRIEND a drum kit...where the hell did i say that? Im buying one FROM a FRIEND.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN