hola. i need some metal sounding scales. they need to be played over the chord change B G F.....

i kinda need the name of the scale and what key to use it in...

can one sclae be played over all 3 chords or do i need to change the key at every chord?
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
hola. i need some metal sounding scales. they need to be played over the chord change B G F.....

i kinda need the name of the scale and what key to use it in...

can one sclae be played over all 3 chords or do i need to change the key at every chord?

B, G , F Major ? minor ? power chords ?

do you have an example we could hear ?

Something like B locrian might work. Keep in mind its you that makes it sound metal. A scale is a scale and not genre specific.
shred is gaudy music
F Harmonic Minor.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
yea there power chords....
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by noahray
harmonic minor for sure. also play with some diminished 7ths

what dose that mean.....

im very old school in the sence that i dont know much about theroy, but i know what sounds right... and i just cant figure out how to make it sound right.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
what dose that mean.....

im very old school in the sence that i dont know much about theroy, but i know what sounds right... and i just cant figure out how to make it sound right.

Technically i dont think any key would have all 3 of those chords in it. Youll need to change keys during the riff.....

Try B minor over the B and then B locrian (C major) over the G & F.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by the_white_bunny
what dose that mean.....

that's not "old school", it's a lack of knowledge, plain and simple. And it looks like you've just found out for yourself why a little theory knowledge is important...theory tells you what's going to sound right.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
that's not "old school", it's a lack of knowledge, plain and simple. And it looks like you've just found out for yourself why a little theory knowledge is important...theory tells you what's going to sound right.

no that's kinda ignorant.... it isnt just theory that tells you what sounds right.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
no that's kinda ignorant.... it isnt just theory that tells you what sounds right.

dont let him bother you. Ignorant remarks like that are common here unfortunately. Notice how he is quick to insult you for not knowing theory, yet offers not one bit of actual advice. I listened to your band btw, and you guys sound pretty awesome.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
dont let him bother you. Ignorant remarks like that are common here unfortunately. Notice how he is quick to insult you for not knowing theory, yet offers not one bit of actual advice. I listened to your band btw, and you guys sound pretty awesome.

Some people already helpfully suggested scales, I just put things into perspective. It wasn't an insult, it was a reality check...improving your theory knowledge is a way of avoiding this kind of problem.

Asking for help is fine, but ultimately I'm sure the TS would be far happier if he got to the stage where he didn't need to ask for help.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com