After falling in love with 'Kezia' by Protest the Hero I've really wanted to try and write and concept album based on the same structure. For those that don't know 'Kezia' is a ‘situationist requiem’ consisting of 3 people (Prison Priest, Prison Guard and finally Kezia) and their perspective on the same situation which revolves around Kezia. Aside from their situation relation each person has their own views on modern day matters one of which is the main storyline. Then you got all the underlying motives behind each song, but I don't want to go that deep.

Basically I've been writing for quite a few years, started off as poetry then as my love for music grew so did my writing pallet. My earlier works are very basic and I would love to shed the 'childish' vibe they give off. I'm also experimenting with dropping the whole basic song structure, and going with the 'mathcore' side of things.

Here's what I got so far:

The album comes in after the story has started, and it revolves around 4 people, the cheating husband, the murderous wife, the public and the council. The story takes place in medieval times where hanging is still legalized. It kicks off with the husband going off in the night to continue his affair, but this time he's not alone, his wife (who is already suspicious) follows him and catches them in the act. Instead of confronting him there and then she decides to kill the women he is cheating with and frame him. It works and the couple go in front of the council who will determine the punishment for the husband but not without evidence. This is where the public comes in, they offer the missing bit of the story which the couple do not explain. All in all it ends with the husband being found guilty and sentenced to be hung.

Well that is what I got so far, so any help, c4c is welcome.
That sounds cool you should post some of the lyrics to see whats its like and see if people can offer any help i'd have look over if ya want?
Yeah, post lyrics. Also, spend alot of time working to tie the album together conceptually, not just with a story, but with musical themes/melodies, and lyrics.

Recommended: Metropolis Pt. 2 by Dream Theater, Tommy, Quadrophenia, (The Who), Anything by Pain of Salvation (Especially The Perfect Element and Remedy Lane), Snow by Spock's Beard.
Ibanez AS103BM
Ibanez ART400
Samick Acoustic
It's weird how the husband is hung but the wife, who killed another human, doesn't suffer any penalty as far as I know.
Quote by Paved
It's weird how the husband is hung but the wife, who killed another human, doesn't suffer any penalty as far as I know.

+1! Lol!
Quote by Paved

She frames him, and as people saw him entering her house earlier in the night he is seen as guilty. Like I said, it isn't set in modern times, it is in a time where murder was a common day occurrence and could easily be pinned upon someone else.

I haven't got an accurate date yet, I'm still looking although leaning towards the Crusades era. I've also got a few lines which I'm trying to work into a full song. Adding it up with Uni work, it'll be spread over some weeks, which gives me in influential time to listen and learn.

Sigz, thanks for the list, I'll give them a check but luckily I've already got Quadrophenia on DVD, yet to watch it though.