Ok i'm looking to upgrade my standard US strat so i was thinking either:

FENDER STRAT VINTAGE NOISELESS PICKUPS

or

FENDER "Custom Shop" '69 Pickups

I want pros and cons please! What would be best for the hendrix sound?
Head like a stone, stoned like a rock.

What amp do you have?

Fender Custom Shop pickups are wayyyyyy overpriced.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Out of those two, I'd say the '69's are the better choice. If you still want noiseless Lace Sensors are a good option or maybe a set of Fender SCN Pickups. I'd go with the '69's though.

You could also look into Kinman single coil pickups. I hear they're some of the best Single-coils for strats.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you want to have a pretty good amp if you want to get a good sound out of your pickups. Amp comes before pickups
Up the Irons
Last edited by King Jesus at Dec 13, 2007,
I would try out the cs69s as they beat out the vn for tone, but you can't lose either way.I have a deluxe players strat and have tried basically the same guitar with the cs' in it, and they both kick ass. the vns have a responsive, saturated sound and the neck/mid combo is absolutely the most perfect strat tone for anything from john mayer to srv to hendrix. the cs69s were more of asmooth organic sound that will be great with a fine tubae amp.

I suggest the vns since they are cheaper and very versatile, and use the extra $$ for a pedal such as a fuzz face or wah. hendrix could use any strat through his rig and sound pretty similiar. I recommend the cs69s if you have a good rig and a good guitar to swap into, they are very high end.

john mayer big dippers, however. pwn. they come on his sig strat, ploay that before you buy. too bad they probably cant be bought seperate.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Just get your own customized pickups from www.rockmonkeyguitars.com.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.