Some of you have probably seen this movie. Now I'm not posting this for a free-for-all debate (if it turns out like that it'll probably get closed). But what I need (for my Catholic school religion class believe it or not) is to find contradictions to it. Inside the movie you'll see them attempting to disprove Christianity (mainly) and some prominent other religions. Then they go into a 9/11 debate which I personally have not seen yet. I just need some of you guys to go ahead and make some intelligent arguments against the movie and the loopholes it may have... just to make my life easier. Plus it's a pretty entertaining film so you may enjoy watching it (I did anyhow).

Thanks!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331

EDIT: I looked through google to search whether this had been posted on UG or not and couldn't find anything (except Smashing Pumpkins). If a mod takes this down due to its relevance to religion... so be it I guess. No point in arguing.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
I watched one night when I was bored, but I really don't feel like analyzing it...
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by noahray
2 hours? i hate jesus too, but i aint sitting through that! sorry

you can pretty much listen to it and do something else. A lot of it is aimless music anyway
███████████████
████████████
There have been plenty of threads on it. I haven't watched it in a long time though.

The only helpful thing I could give you is a bit of a long stretch, but it may help:

They don't necessarily disprove the existence of a "Christ". You could argue that the same Christ-like saviour that appeared throughout all the religions was indeed the savior of the world and only manifested himself in different forms to appeal to different cultures.

edit:
To simplify, Jesus came to different cultures under different names during different times but carried out his life in a similar manner and preached similar messages as well.
Last edited by Archaon at Dec 13, 2007,
It's so full of bs that it's really easy to find contradictions (at least about religion).

(i also had to disprove 1 minute of the religion part for a bible class, it was really easy)

But i'm not giving you my hard work, slacker.
Quote by Dance_of_Death
But i'm not giving you my hard work, slacker.

If you can help someone, help them. As long as it is not detrimental to you, why not? Don't be a dick to the poor guy.

Or perhaps you're just talking **** and don't know anything?
Quote by Archaon
If you can help someone, help them. As long as it is not detrimental to you, why not? Don't be a dick to the poor guy.

Or perhaps you're just talking **** and don't know anything?

Why? It was a huge project and i spent a couple hours on it, why would i give it to him

Besides, look at what this handy tool called Google gave me
Quote by Dance_of_Death
Why? It was a huge project and i spent a couple hours on it, why would i give it to him

Besides, look at what this handy tool called Google gave me

Well I would like some general debate on it, just not all out attacking. Facts on jet fuel, facts on Christ... other stuff. I've got finals this week and next so I'm doing about 30 other things at the moment. I was just asking for help really
███████████████
████████████
Quote by westo
Well I would like some general debate on it, just not all out attacking. Facts on jet fuel, facts on Christ... other stuff. I've got finals this week and next so I'm doing about 30 other things at the moment. I was just asking for help really

Oh i didn't get what you ment, I had to do specific things, but from what i've heard the stuff on the others are based on old and disproved theories

also wikipedia ftw!
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Dec 13, 2007,
Oh and that video doesn't work any way bud
███████████████
████████████
There a crapload of contradictions in the movie. I showed it to my teacher and she watched it, and I remember her telling me some of them.
Get off my lawn.
I enjoyed it. I didn't really like how 'conspiracy theory' it got at the end though (although that was entertaining)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
What was the movie called which Zeitgeist showed brief clips of with a guy in a TV studio early on and another clip shown later of the presenter getting mad at an audience of people?

In the first clip he says something like "you have to get mad! I am a human! My life has value, god dammit!"

I've been trying to find what it is called but cannot be arsed watching another 2 hours of it to find out.

EDIT: nevermind, it's called Network.
Last edited by SealCubMassacre at Dec 16, 2007,