i cant get the foo fighters type dist. how i set my pedal(on with the same controls as a boss ds-1) to get it
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
yeah, ultimate settings thread might help. grohl has always used a lot of different distortion pedals, a RAT is the only one i can remember though. he uses mesa/boogie dual rectifiers and usually gibson 335 type guitars, if that helps any
Quote by strat335
yeah, ultimate settings thread might help. grohl has always used a lot of different distortion pedals, a RAT is the only one i can remember though. he uses mesa/boogie dual rectifiers and usually gibson 335 type guitars, if that helps any

yea, he also uses a bunch of plexis guitars. i have to say, after all of my piddling around with my amp, i have not found a single tone that resembled their sound. well at least their new sound. before they were just grunge. now they are like....idk what they are but i love them

PSBTW if you find the settings on the ultimate settings thread, could you post them in here? thanks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Dave said in an interview that he uses a red '66 Gibson Trini Lopez on every Foo Fighters record. He said he uses Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Hiwatt, and AC30.
Quote by Paul Carbonella
'66 Gibson Trini Lopez

O_O i want that guitar

or better yet, i want his sig guitar, its beautiful

Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
yea, yea, yea the pic is WAY too big, but thats the best i can do lol
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
They use Mesa F series as well. The 50 I believe.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language