Poll: Do groupies still exist?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do groupies still exist?
Yes
34 87%
No
5 13%
Voters: 39.
ok, so i have a question for UG that me and my friend have been pondering ,we came to a probable conclusion with it that we think is right but i wanna know what you guys think. Now i wanna know what you actually think not what you wish. So here it is, Do groupies still exist in modern music? With all the womens rights things and STDs around what do you think?
Last edited by RedMoonMan at Dec 13, 2007,
pfft.. STDs have always been around. George Washington supposedly died of Sypphilis.

Anyway, I would say that groupies that pretty much follow the band around are a dying breed. However, girls that sleep with band members with the hopes of getting famous are just as common now as they were back in the 80's.
You very often see shmucks in bands with hot girls and from interviews and stuff it seems there are still lots of groupies. Maybe not as much in the 70s and stuff but that was the era of free love or something. I wish there was some when I was in a band though.
i dont think they're all gone, but its certienly a lot smaller than it was twenty years ago
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Spoon
Yes, i have sex with rock stars all the time.

Lol, you shouldn't your a 15 year old boy.
We have prostitutes, so why not?

On another note...
Why is it that a lot of threadstarters make typos in the thread title?
Quote by Sabu

He's a naught boy isn't he. That's what rockers love, a naughty man to please them to their hearts content
What the fuck is a goupie?

Sounds like a more fluid-like version of shit.

GRoupies however are not as common anymore I believe.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
if they exist then why don't people brag about it a lot, and why don't we hear about all these girls who did so and so. in todays society the paparazzi would be all over that.
Quote by hug a llama
He's a naught boy isn't he. That's what rockers love, a naughty man to please them to their hearts content

Get your Gary Glitter records and BURN THEM
Quote by Sabu

isnt that what all the rock stars like?
Alot of girls like rap more now than in the 80s... The rappers are stealing our damn groupies!
Quote by Brain245
Alot of girls like rap more now than in the 80s... The rappers are stealing our damn groupies!

Well a lot of the old rock stars will tell you they got into the music to get the chicks. So if the chicks like rap and you wanna be like the rockstars then get your boom box and get on down my son.

edit: steve vai chick was ****ing freaky!
Last edited by Sabu at Dec 13, 2007,
Yes, but it's a totally different (at least in some ways) phenomenon than it used to be. As music culture changes (and it has), while it still remains basically sexual, that sexual culture shifts too.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by Pliant
Your avatar pisses me off everytime I see it because you haven't read JTHM... It's amazing!

I've been wanting to for a long time.

All the local book stores have them sold out. I can't order them online, because my mom will freak when she sees them. I honestly have no idea why I still have the avatar though...lol
Quote by bendystraw
im having sex with one as im typing this.

Sex with no hands???

...epic?
Quote by Firebread
How else would Fall Out Boy get laid?

Using each other?
Quote by The Spoon
Using each other?

Everyone knows that you can't insert a penis into the urethra of another penis to arouse yourself.