I have been playing guitar for about a year and on chirstmas my whole family will be together and they want me to play for them. I was wondering what I should play for them. I was thinking of playing a few christmas songs and maybe making an instrumental song of my own. What do you think?
I play the most brutal metal possible so they hate it and just want me to turn it off but can't tell I suck :p
yeah, crank your distortion and turn your amp way up and play some black metal or an extremely metalfied version of like jingle bells or sumthin
Quote by Tom_hatton

Second of all, you are female. Therefore, you do not deserve an opinion.

Quote by Rock'N'Soul
Oh! I'm also happy I was the fastest sperm.

Quote by Megadeth2011
That is quite possibly one of the best ideas someone has told me yet. Crackattack ur pretty smart.
lol play some christmas songs using only power chords tuned to drop C
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
in my life by the beatles.

very easy and your parents and such will love it. maybe they'll sing along.
.... they are all old people who don't listen to rock. i was thinking more along the lines of blues or jazz.
Play a metal version of silent night
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
If you play something they might like to listen to theyre more apt to help you out with futire purchases. I know my mother likes me to play babe Im gonna leave you. Bought the only mellow thing I know. But I got her to listen to some black sabbath recently.
Heat of Gold - Neil Young on acoustic.

FANTASTIC song.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Stairway. It's the ultimate "you don't know anything about guitar so I'll just play this song for you over and over again until you faint" song.

Or you could try Canon Rock. Everybody loves that song =p
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Every opportunity to play in front of people is important.

I recommend hunting down some Christmas music.

Do NOT play the Who's "Behind Blue Eyes."
Killing in the Name

then slowly build into the 'f*ck you i wont do what you tell me' verse. tell them how you really feel, they'll love it
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Trans-Siberian Orchestra!
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Heat of Gold - Neil Young on acoustic.

FANTASTIC song.

+1 my family loves it
Guitar:
Les Paul Epiphone standard plus tigerwood sunburst (should rot it a damp closet)
Amp: Fender 15W Tube Amp Jr. Blues, Luv it
Effects: Still Looking
$$Funds For Gibson Les Paul Studio Gold Hardware *Wine Red*$$

6700$/800$$
Quote by doctor woot
Duncan Hills Coffee jingle

DO YOU FOLKS LIKE COFFEE????????????

please do that, then youtube it
whatever you do, burn your guitar when your done. yeah. that's how to make people love you.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
I am doing the exact same thing you are! I am gonna play "Welcome To The Jungle" by, GNR (Who doesn't know that?) Because my Mom loves that song. And I am gonna play "Sweet Child O' Mine" by, GNR (Of course...) And then I will probably just jam with my Uncle, and Great Grandpa (And yes that is my Grandpa's dad!!!) They play on Gibson Les Paul Standards, or classics, And I have an Epi LP Custom. Should be interesting.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
slayer- raining blood.

do the vocals as well, itll be a hit, I assure you
Apaché by The Shadows, it's piss easy and it's a great song that everyone knows (some know it from Run DMC more however)

The totally some brutal stuff....
Quote by HaHaRoadKill
Tune Drop Z and play some Last Days of Humanity lol :P

Pfft only drop Z? I go drop D....and I don't mean having the sixth string one step down.
Quote by HaHaRoadKill
ah how about Rape Camp by Lord Gore?

rofl hahahahahha
Guitar:
Les Paul Epiphone standard plus tigerwood sunburst (should rot it a damp closet)
Amp: Fender 15W Tube Amp Jr. Blues, Luv it
Effects: Still Looking
$$Funds For Gibson Les Paul Studio Gold Hardware *Wine Red*$$

6700$/800$$
Play Twisted Sister's Version of "O Come All Ye Faithful." Although playing of O Come All Ye Faithful may induce some stripper-esque behaivor, which would be odd coming from a strictly family performance situation.
Quote by nvranka
slayer- raining snowflakes.

What family wouldn't be excited over the holiday reworking of the thrash metal classic raining blood? What else says cheer like Tom Araya shouting at your about the ****ing snowflakes on the ground?

And yes, that is fixed (for those of you out there that couldn't tell).
If you have a lot of uncles in their 30's or 40's, heck even 50's, just play some Metallica, Maiden, Ozzy (etc...) riffs.
Quote by crackattack
yeah, crank your distortion and turn your amp way up and play some black metal or an extremely metalfied version of like jingle bells or sumthin

That would be ****ing epic. I am gonna do that!
search Misc Christmas and learn Jingle bells for starters. that'll make them tinkle in their diapers. Then kick it off with duncan hills coffee BECAUSE IT WILL BE METAL XMAS AND EVERYONE WANTS THERE COFFEE.
Teaching myself.

LOOKING FOR A TAB FOR "FLESH BONES AND WEAKNESS BY PARKWAY DRIVE"!