K, so I have something called a Neurological movement disorder, where sometimes a part of my body will "twitch" uncontrollably (not tourette's syndrome). And I realized tonight when I was playing a gig, wow this sucks because the 'twitch' this time happened to be in my eyelids, which would close for a moment and basically not open for a little while. of course, this severely affected my playing and is even making typing this very hard. very frustrating

even worse is that someone I knew in Elementary School that made fun of me for that very disorder that I still have, was at my gig laughing .

anyone else have something similar, or something you do that affects your playing ability? or am I the only one ?
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
my ring fingers on both hands have a slightly deformed last knuckle, making it 10x harder for me to play just simple chords, because it doesn't bend all the way. If I played a C chord for instance, like everyone else, my ring finger would mute the D string, so I have to put a lot of extra effort into playing simple chords. I also cannot play an F chord at all, its just not possible thanks to that finger...it basically makes everything a little harder, and never goes away, even powerchords, or playing fifth notes AND octaves on bass...it sucks
That sucks. I'm sorry man.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

When I was three, I had a van's passenger door close on my left hand. Luckily, it was still primarily cartilage at the time, so no broken bones or anything, but the fingers healed back strange. Making barre chords is a tad difficult as a result, even though i have long fingers, because there isn't enough muscle in certain areas of the finger to hold down all the strings properly. As a result, most of the minor barre chords I play I end up cheating into powerchords, or, at the very most, slightly muted on the 4th/3rd string. Additionally, the middle finger curves a bit to the left when I'm in the playing position, so I'm not able to fret a note properly because I can't push the string down directly. Ah, the perils of youth...
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
I think I developed something like what you described in the last year or so. It fucking sucks but as far as i know it hasn't gotten noticed that much and I've got other shit to worry about. I find it only really happens when I'm nervous/thinking about it. It's weird though, sometimes it won't happen for like months and then suddenly my eyelid will twitch out or shoulder or something.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
i have a muscle in my neck that seizes up if i have my bass strapped on too long. it's quite painful and i've tried getting big padded straps and stuff but nothing works. My mom gets the same thing though but she doesn't play anything and my grandma gets it so i'm pretty sure it's hereditary...
Oh I remembered, most of the times that I'm lay of sit, when i stand up, I can't see anything and I lost the balance, sometimes I fall. Well, I think that happens to most of the people, or is it just me?
Quote by RFer
Oh I remembered, most of the times that I'm lay of sit, when i stand up, I can't see anything and I lost the balance, sometimes I fall. Well, I think that happens to most of the people, or is it just me?

it's a headrush it's when you stand up to fast for your heart to keep pumping blood to your brain for a second... yes it happens to lots of people but it's trippy, huh?
Quote by RFer

No, that's pretty common. It gets worse if you get anemic though. Just stop, put your hands on your knees, and lower your head and it goes away.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by guylee
it's a headrush it's when you stand up to fast for your heart to keep pumping blood to your brain for a second... yes it happens to lots of people but it's trippy, huh?

Quote by SteveHouse
No, that's pretty common. It gets worse if you get anemic though. Just stop, put your hands on your knees, and lower your head and it goes away.

My mother is anemic, and I sometimes just fall :|, damn can it be hereditary??
Yeah man, when i was 6 I slammed my hand in the window at my house, and completely chopped the tips of my middle and ring fingers off on my left (fretting) hand. Luckily I got to the hospital fast enough for them to be re-attached, but I have no feeling in them thanks to nerve damage, so it makes playing stuff a difficulty sometimes when you can't feel the fretboard.
Quote by cm_richardson
K, so I have something called a Neurological movement disorder...

...even worse is that someone I knew in Elementary School that made fun of me for that very disorder that I still have, was at my gig laughing .

whoever that was laughing sounds like a f*****g prick. It also sounds a lot like you deserve to be up on the stage getting all the attn while he's standing there in the crowd.