Hey,
I have a pretty good rock and blues rig at the moment (well, call it what you want, but I think it's quite good). And I was wondering if there was any little things to do to my strat to make it better without spending alot of cash. I've heard of tone pot mods, and I can do them, but I don't know what they are and how to do them.
What mods could you recommend (wiring wise), that I could do to my strat to set it apart from most other people's stock guitars, and to have my tone benefit too?
I like SRV and stuff like that if that helps at all.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yo man i got a remake of the 1960's stratocaster, simlar to tha one john frusciante from rhcp plays. jus earlier this week i put a seymour duncan hot rail pick-up in my bridge pick-up.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-SHR-1-Hot-Rail-Stacked-Single-Coil-Pickup-300300-i1127440.gc
it works beautifully for me, i get the same fender tone i love, but now i have a lot more sustain and when im in my grundge moods i can really rock out.
its a lil bit spendy, 80$ but id say definatly at least take a look into it, i love tha thing
I mean, I already have top of the line handwound pickups, so I don't want pickups.
I was wondering if theres any cool wiring mods I could do.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You could jump the bridge and neck pins together to allow the neck tone knob to control the bridge pup. I just did that recently, gives you some more tones to play with. You could do it with either the neck or middle control.
dude do the superstrat mod from GF... im doing that to mine.. promises to be pretty sweet! 13 different positions.
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
All right, I have an idea.
I was thinking of wiring my strat up normal at the time, and flipping the middle pickup over in the cavity of my guitar and just leave it wired up. And in the inbetween selections (where the mid pickup is used with the neck or bridge), will it still be humbucking? I don't want my middle pickup to pick up any of my string vibrations. I had this idea because I love the sound of my neck pickup, but I do get some hum. And the inbetween settings are only good for cleans for me.
Opinions?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^Try it, you can't lose anything.

But I think you should mod it with either individual on/off-switches for the pups, or a Bridge-on-switch. The tone you get from the neck and the bridge pickup rocks.

Also, add a series/parallel switch for the bridge and the middle, for some fatter tone.
Maybe a phase switch for the neck position would be an idea as well?

There you go, 3 cool switches to play with!
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.