i know this is kinda n00b but ive been wondering for a while would it be possibly to run a guitar head thru a bass cab (say 410) long as the resistance was right? i mean without damage to either.

kinda an interesting question as far as im concerned neway

thanks in advanced guys
I am me. Live with it.
Last edited by DeAd-RiP at Dec 14, 2007,
Resistance must be correct
Power (watts) handling of the cab should be greater than or equal to 150% of the head's wattage
Then you're ok, don't know how it would sound though.
i have my guitar running through a bass cab, it sounds pretty good, i have 15's (which are teh bass speakers) and 12's (guitar)

be careful, because it overloads super easy

Edit: I also plat in drop G - drop C tunings so i dont know how its going to affect your sound
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
Last edited by bananasislegend at Dec 14, 2007,
hmmmm put like that i cant c why it would b a problem
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Roc8995
Resistance must be correct
Power (watts) handling of the cab should be greater than or equal to 150% of the head's wattage
Then you're ok, don't know how it would sound though.

is that with bass and guitar or with all amps cos what about marshalls with 100w heads and 100w cabs?
Quote by ZoSoBeatle
is that with bass and guitar or with all amps cos what about marshalls with 100w heads and 100w cabs?

Amps are rated for clean wattage- clipping will gain you more power than the amp says on the front, so it's a good idea to figure 150% because that's what you'll get from the amp on 10. Notice that Marshall cabs are usually between 130 and 300 watts, for this exact reason.
I actually do this all the time because i have no guitar amp :P sounds like crap compare to a real guitar amp but i use a beat up hartke amp.