So... Being a college student, i really cant have mondo big amps/cabs in the dorm, one the size would be an issue, and two, would be hard as hell to move around w/o a car. So I'm wondering, whats the biggest amp i can get thats still portable? I'm asking for 2 recommendations, one for me carrying it myself [with the bass too] and the other for 2 man carry.

Mucho thanks
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.. about 50 pounds.. 40 watt all tube definately loud enough for a gig.. on 2 - 2 1/2
Current Setup

Schecter Blackjack C7
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Peavey 5150II Head
Peavey 6505 Cab w/ two Eminence Texas Heat
Epi PR5-e
Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by playmetal5150
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.. about 50 pounds.. 40 watt all tube definately loud enough for a gig.. on 2 - 2 1/2

I think he is talking about bass amps. Right??

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by playmetal5150

note that he's a bass player...im sure you could use it with a bass but still...

I have a Hartke kickback 10. its 120 watts, has a 10 inch speaker and weights around 35 lbs. Im gonna be getting a neodynium (SP?) speaker which should drop the weight even further. It also comes in a 12 inch and a 15 inch and all are 120 watts, but it falls short on big features and effects. I love it and have used it may times and it easily gets over drums.
+1

Mark bass is real nice
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
MARK BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

500 watts!! Fits in a gig bag!!!! weighs around 6 lbs!!!
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
I saw saw a Peavey combo that can be carried without a problem. Also Acoustic Image. They make great portable amps. And of course MarkBass.
The jazz student
Quote by mountaindew88
MARK BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

500 watts!! Fits in a gig bag!!!! weighs around 6 lbs!!!

+1 listen to this advice, for it is good.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Eden has a 300W bass head that's just over 3 lbs. Genz Benz has an 8lb one.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Direct out if you're playing with a PA in place, light as it gets.
so we're clear, i mean a combo amp, cant really afford right now to get them separate
Definately check out Eden or Mark Bass.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.