im looking for a not too expensive tube head.
i play more classic rock to metal.
but then again i sometimes play blues.
so im looking for something that is pretty versatile.

any help is appreciated.
Since you didn't post a budget I'll give you the lowest priced first. Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112 tube combo, $429 USD. The head is not as good a deal, but both give you max versatility, more than most tube amps anywhere near the price.
If you're on a low budget, Epi Valve Jr. Can't really push it to heavy metal, though.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
i think the peavey windsor fits too, as long as the cab you've got now is pretty good.

nothing is going to give you great cleans and crushing od at moderate prices.

also look used. that's the real deal there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you can get a peavey classic 30 head for 550, it will cover every thing but metal, but you can always add an OD to push you over the top.
depending on how heavy metal (i.e. if you don't play anything much heavier than 80's metal), if that deal's still on on the epi so-cal halfstack at MF, that'd be worth a look too. $500, i think it was.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?