StrokeMidnight
UG Fanatic
2,515 IQ
I'm not sure if this should go here or not, so if not just don't reply.

I'm looking for a good amp for Jazz Fusion and Blues. I'm trying to get the sound of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Return to Forever, along with the Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Right now I can only afford $200, but soon I might be able to go up to $500.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
Fender makes amazing amps. Maybe try a Blues Junior? It is about 500 bucks though (I think....) I own a Hot Rod and it is amazing. I really like it, and it has changed my tone a lot! I fucking love it man.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
StrokeMidnight
UG Fanatic
2,515 IQ
Can a blues junior play metal? I don't play it much any more but could it?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
M Power
268 IQ
It could with a good high gain distortion pedal in front of it
StrokeMidnight
UG Fanatic
2,515 IQ
Quote by M Power
It could with a good high gain distortion pedal in front of it

I'll check it out I guess. Would the VOX AD30VT be good for Jazz Fusion?
JeffWiredBeck24
Banned
1,815 IQ
I have a Twin Reverb that I use for Progressive/Fusion. It's amazing, I also put a piece of wood on the back so it would respond better to distortion, just make sure your tubes still have room the breathe if you're going to do that. A BOSS DS-1 modded by Robert Keeley works perfectly too (don't buy stock).
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
Quote by StrokeMidnight
Can a blues junior play metal? I don't play it much any more but could it?

Yeah, you can trow a pedal in front of that thing and it will be a beast. Not anything like a Dual Rectifier though but still good.

The Vox would be pretty good also. The AD30VT is generally an all around good amp but I enjoy the cleans of Fender to be honest.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Nick_
as I sd to my
38 IQ
Quote by StrokeMidnight

I'm looking for a good amp for Jazz Fusion and Blues. I'm trying to get the sound of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Return to Forever, along with the Mahavishnu Orchestra.

That's a pretty huge tonal range and a pretty small budget range

Maybe a blues junior and a real good boutique OD?
Punk Poser
Guitar Hero in spare time
349 IQ
Honestly if you are into hi gain metal you shouldn't look for a fender amp. Putting an OD infront of a fender amp and boosting it to a high level will give you alot of gain, but not the right type of gain for death metal/ extreme metal. You won't have the tight note response you need for extreme metal, just a wall of thick distortion which could could work for doom metal I guess. If extreme metal is not a concern (think it is for you judging by the COB avatar) then sure go ahead and look at Fenders.
12 fret fury
StrokeMidnight
UG Fanatic
2,515 IQ
I think I may be able to up my budget to $500. Is the Peavey Transtube EFX 112 good for Jazz Fusion?