Page 1 of 3
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
Portishead is the epitome of brilliant trip-hop.

You could say I'm a fan.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
julio1987
Gettin' jiggy wit it
230 IQ
Weird, I just spent the weekend listening to Portishead... and suddenly this thread pops out.

They are really good, their live album is impressive.
bah humbug
UG Newbie
1,201 IQ
Quote by julio1987
Weird, I just spent the weekend listening to Portishead... and suddenly this thread pops out.

They are really good, their live album is impressive.

I actually listened to Dummy this morning...
anyway, huge fan, one of the best trip hop acts. massive attack, tricky, and portishead ftw
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
julio1987
Gettin' jiggy wit it
230 IQ
Hahahah life is full of coincidences...

Anyways, what's your favorite album? Dummy, Portishead or the live one? And is anyone else excited about the new one coming sometime next year?
bah humbug
UG Newbie
1,201 IQ
^Dummy, by far. the others are great though, but the self titled is hard to get into.

sooooo excited for the new album!
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
Quote by bah humbug
anyway, huge fan, one of the best trip hop acts. massive attack, tricky, and portishead ftw

You soooo left out Sneaker Pimps. Why is this?
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,607 IQ
i must say, i'm not the biggest fan of portishead. i like the occasional song, but not something i go out of my way to listen to.

am i missing something?
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
Yes, probably.

Nobody loves meeeeee, it's true. Not like you doooo.
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,607 IQ
come to think of it i'm not a huge fan of massive attack either.
maybe trip hop stuff just isn't for me.
betty boop
petty boob
1,226 IQ
western eyes is an exquisite song. that beth,she makes me cry . portishead is very `EN ROUTE

dummy, portishead, sour times (nobody loves me) (ep though)..

offtopic: i find this alt & indie subforum rly relaxing , calming and refreshing (as an opposite to the pit :p which started to annoy me big time)
betty boop
petty boob
1,226 IQ
`western eyes` is an exquisite song. . . portishead is something like `EN ROUTE music`, i luv driving and listening to PSH. vanilla skies and rainy afternoons are just perfect for it.
/dummy, portishead, sour times (nobody loves me) (ep though)..

offtopic: i find this alt & indie subforum rly relaxing , calming and refreshing (as an opposite to the pit :p which started to annoy me big time)
julio1987
Gettin' jiggy wit it
230 IQ
Quote by uhh_me?
i must say, i'm not the biggest fan of portishead. i like the occasional song, but not something i go out of my way to listen to.

am i missing something?

I had Dummy for about a year and only listened to Sour Times and Glory Box, but suddenly it just clicked... and then I got into more trip hop stuff... I suppose it depends on the mood you're in.

offtopic: Welcome betty boop
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
Ja, we're glad to have another music geek added to the Alt + Indie family. I'ma send you a friend request.

"Mysterons" is a really good song, too.
julio1987
Gettin' jiggy wit it
230 IQ
So anyone pumped over the new portishead album? I've heard a few songs I've gotten in slightly cuestionable ways... they're nice

Quote by K-Lizzle
Ja, we're glad to have another music geek added to the Alt + Indie family. I'ma send you a friend request.

"Mysterons" is a really good song, too.

This made me think of Alt+Ctrl+Del. If I ever have a indie blog I'll name it Alt+Indie+Del
/lame
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
1,145 IQ
I just listened to Glory Box for the first time last night and I was instantly in love with this band. Beth Gibbons is amazing. I'm definitely getting their albums.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Anyone got any news on the album?

'Roads' is still my favourite song by them. Always get slightly reminded of it when I hear that Massive Attack song that features Terry Callier for some reason, and I seem to be hearing that quite a lot again lately.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
bah humbug
UG Newbie
1,201 IQ
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
I like what I've heard. Dummy is on my to-buy list.

Get it. Nao.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
Straplocks
six arms, three eyes
47 IQ
The new Portishead is on the Pirate Bay.

I'm digging the album. Signature Portishead sound, but not many of the songs are jumping out to me, so far.
Broken_Drum
F# A# ∞
373 IQ
Quote by Straplocks
The new Portishead is on the Pirate Bay.

I'm digging the album. Signature Portishead sound, but not many of the songs are jumping out to me, so far.

Machine Gun and Small are amazing IMO. Quite a solid release really. There's also a limited edition box-set up for sale through the official website. If I hadn't already blown all my money on that NIN box-set I would be so on it.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Looks a nice boxset, but I don't buy limited editions boxsets these days unless they say how limited they really are, especially when they cost £40.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
meh17
Banned
464 IQ
New album's been leaked

I love Sour Times :P:P
R_U_READY?
Banned
42 IQ
this weekend me n my m8 were sat watchin mtv2 (dnt know why) at like 5 am stoned off our faces an glory box came on, me = in love. Dummy is one of hte best albums ive ever heard an instant fave D:
fosho
Honky-Tonk Samurai
864 IQ
how odd yesterday i listened to them for the first time in months and heres this thread.

yeah i have them on the same playlist as Sneaker Pimps, Moloko, Hooverphonic and Gusgus
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
daft
Fool On The Hill's Mate
167 IQ
I don't know what to make of Machine Gun. I haven't liked it straight away but I think I need to give it a few more listens before coming to a proper conclusion.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
agreth_3rd
The Wanderer
204 IQ
Quote by R_U_READY?
this weekend me n my m8 were sat watchin mtv2 (dnt know why) at like 5 am stoned off our faces an glory box came on, me = in love. Dummy is one of hte best albums ive ever heard an instant fave D:

glory box is possibly my favourite portishead song.

i listened to their latest album for the first time this evening. after one listen i'm kind of disappointed.
bah humbug
UG Newbie
1,201 IQ
Dummy has been playing at work a lot lately
I can't complain
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
bah humbug
UG Newbie
1,201 IQ
alright the new album is pretty bad
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
smb
2,006 IQ
I probably listen to more Portishead than anything else at the moment.
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
1,145 IQ
Quote by smb
I probably listen to more Portishead than anything else at the moment.

Fuck yeah.

Quote by bah humbug
alright the new album is pretty bad

It leaked already? Are you sure it's bad? Something is amiss...
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
smb
2,006 IQ
I think the new album is really good. I haven't really fully digested it yet, but I like it a lot.
bah humbug
UG Newbie
1,201 IQ
Quote by darkstar2466
Fuck yeah.

It leaked already? Are you sure it's bad? Something is amiss...

it's bad by Portishead standards and has been leaked for a while
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
1,145 IQ
I hate leaks. I'm going to buy the album when it comes out. Portishead cannot possibly be bad.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie