I'm planning on putting some decals on my guitar, they are intended for cars, does anyone have any experience with this and is it a bad idea?

i'm using a decal similar to that, just so you guys dont think im weird >_>
Last edited by silvadolla at Dec 17, 2007,
As long as they're acitates(sp) - like, clingy instead of sticky - it should be fine, I put a couple on my older beat-up acoustic and it's no worse for wear. A couple oblong shapes where the dust/dirt cant get to, but otherwise fine.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
i put mine on the back of my guitar all the time you should be good dude just make sure your rents are cool my mom flipped a **** when a put a no limp bizkit sticker on my guitar
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by Garou1911
As long as they're acitates(sp) - like, clingy instead of sticky

Why is that exactly?

Thanks for your reply!
Because if they're sticky they'll leave glue crud on the guitar or worse, damage the finish.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by silvadolla
Why is that exactly?

Thanks for your reply!

because if you take the sticky ones off, they will leave some of the sticky parts on the guitar. and it's hard to get completely off.
why the hell would you want to put a lamb of god sticker on your guitar?

im sure you love them to death and they're "****ing awesome", but putting that sticker on is like giving your guitar a tattoo. did you ask it if it wants a lamb of god sticker on it? maybe you should think twice before commiting such an atrocity
Quote by hopespaul
why the hell would you want to put a lamb of god sticker on your guitar?

im sure you love them to death and they're "****ing awesome", but putting that sticker on is like giving your guitar a tattoo. did you ask it if it wants a lamb of god sticker on it? maybe you should think twice before commiting such an atrocity

haha, i know what you mean, i havent done it as of yet, still waiting on the package. I don't know, I might do and it I might not. I was also thinking of putting it on the back of the guitar so it wouldnt be readily visible. I was just thinking of adding a decal because my guitar seems a bit plain, want to customize it somewhat
Personally, I would never put any kind of sticker on my guitars. I paid too much money for them to deface them like that. Besides, good luck trying to sell a guitar full of stickers if you ever have to get rid of it.
Decals that come off easily a day after they're attached might weld themselves permanently to the finish after a few years. I would not do it. I don't believe in bumper stickers either.
Also the finish will fade/discolor a bit over time so when you take the decal off there will be a mark. It's your guitar though, so I wouldn't be too concerned about what others tell you to do with it.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2