Page 2 of 2
Quote by jj1565

keep in mind buzz, not transmitted thru the amp , is generally not considered a problem.

I did a little bonus research by checking out if there was any buzz on a $2k+ guitar. There was an occasional buzzing on the E string of that one as well. You are dead on with the buzz only matters if it goes through the amp comment.

As a smaller aside, another silly thing I did was due to my guitar being set up for one gauge of strings. I used a different thickness without thinking and that contributed to some of my buzz issues as well.

Things are in good shape now :-)
Is there any way to tell what kind of guage strings a guitar should use? I have an LTD-Deluxe EC-1000 and use Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies and the top E string buzzes like crazy, but its the only one. Any tips to fix it, maybe different strings?
I'm not sure what to do, I've already tried raising the action on my guitar and it started to fix the buzz on the first couple of frets (I have buzz on my low E and my d string) but my FR was begining to look very akward and i was having to raise my pickups too high.
Quote by Nalakram
You are dead on with the buzz only matters if it goes through the amp comment.

Though fret buzz can have an affect on your sustain of whichever note that has the buzz right?
Just a small question: I'm to send my guitar to be set-up tomorrow. If it's set-up with .09 strings, will it sound just as good with .10 strings, with no fret buzz? Or should I just put .10 on it?
Quote by Ben Wright

NUT PROBLEMS

This can be a very awkward process and action to perform.

sorry, it just kinda caught my eye =D
Quote by TheUsedSound
Just a small question: I'm to send my guitar to be set-up tomorrow. If it's set-up with .09 strings, will it sound just as good with .10 strings, with no fret buzz? Or should I just put .10 on it?

if they are setting it up, then they should adjust for ther lighter strings, enough that you're not buzzing.

But 9s will sound and feel a little different.

when you put on lighter strings, the guitar's neck tends to relax a little, and you can pick up some buzz.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
QUESTION:
sometimes when i play notes, i cant get in a good enough position to firmly hold down the frets, so the strings buzz, is this fret buzz? or do i just have to press harder?

also, on certain frets/strings, i only get fret buzz when i strum relatively hard, is this a fret buzz problem?

PS: yes, i know that its best to place ur finger near the fret when playing

Thanks!
Gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 112V
Roland Cube 20X

www.justinguitar.com
Very, VERY, helpful site!! Free, too.
Page 2 of 2