Zex.
810 IQ
Okay, well, this little ****ing asshole(mind my francais ) said he'd play this New Years Gig with us, and, he told me yesterday he wasn't going to come... So, I'm preety much royalled.... Should we; A. Go acoustic(Bad idea, since most of our songs are very heavy, and in your face.), B. Don't play, or C. Play without drums(would make our performance very dry...
StuC
UG Board King
130 IQ
what sort of band are you?
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
stevo192
user and abuser
337 IQ
if you can't do a good job, don't do it. If you can't pull it off acoustic, then don't do it. playing like you usually do but without drums would be a waste of time too
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
danielitri-182
28 IQ
play the show without drums, it wont be the same but nothing is gayer than bailing
naedman
85 IQ
find another drummer, even if hes not as good, atleast u'd have something
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
z4twenny
UG's resident Psychopath
936 IQ
it appears now is the time for you to learn how to arrange songs for different instruments. just because your songs are "heavy" doesn't mean they can't be done acoustically. now you prolly won't wanna play trem picked 16th notes constantly but you should be able to rearrange the tunes to work acoustically. personally this is how i find if a good song is really a GOOD song. play it as just an acoustic and sing it, if it still sounds good then its a good song.

if Gabriela y Rodrigo can do it to Orion you can surely do it to one of yours.
godisasniper
Shh...I'm making noise!
870 IQ
If you can get a "chunky" tone on the rythem you might be able to play without drums, with the guitar providing a beat. I have no drummer (it's just me and my little brother) and I just strum heavily and use picks that make a crapload of noise. Works for me!...but maybe not for you.