GD_GC
Master of the Blues Duels
2,005 IQ
And yeah, I know theres a million threads on this already, sorry. But, I want to get a guitar that I can set up for slide playing specifically, and I don't know what is best. It needs to be on the cheap side, and my question is this. Which would be more suited for slide playing: and Epiphone SG (the cheapest they offer) or an Epiphone Dot (also the cheapest they offer)?

"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Last edited by GD_GC at Dec 29, 2007,
claptonfan55
Bluesius Maximus
408 IQ
I would suggest the SG. I know Duane Allman and Derek Trucks both played slide on an SG.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
GD_GC
Master of the Blues Duels
2,005 IQ
Yeah ive heard it is a great slide guitar, but the dot is a beautiful guitar and might also sing. So I'm not really sure
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
jazz_croatia
_
123 IQ
Get the SG. You have to put your action really high if you want that nice rich slide sound. Or why not get a lap steel guitar?
The jazz student
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
I have a copy of an SG, probably better than an Epiphone, it's great for playing slide, even though the action is low.
I'd say go for the SG, they look nicer too imo.
ledhed68
1,305 IQ
Quote by GD_GC
Oh, sorry I didn't see that. Well mods can close this i guess, thanks everyone for the replys, i think im gonna look into the SG.

I cant really blams you, its really dead