I enjoy listening to Zakk Wylde and i like the sound that he makes in his songs. I want to know how to make my guitar sound like his. I have a finder, a multi pedal effect( a G2) which has a compresser, wah/effect, Zoom Noise Reduction, drive, equalizer, Extra EQ/ Cabi and mic, MOD/SFX, delay, reverb, and control. It also has 3 parameter knobs that can adjust the pattern, tempo, and rhythm volume. I have a rage, 158 amp thats a transtube sereis, that has a clean and lead switch, and two knobs that have pre gain and post gain, an equalization which as three knobs low, mid, and high and a switch that goes from Vintage to modern. Anyone know how i can set all this up to sound like zakk, anything will help?
buy his lp
?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Boone666
Every note must be pinch harmonic

...or the whole song must be a pinch harmonic super sustained for 4 minutes
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
...or the whole song must be a pinch harmonic super sustained for 4 minutes

+1 hahaha
Quote by Dharkkaronn
I enjoy listening to Zakk Wylde and i like the sound that he makes in his songs. I want to know how to make my guitar sound like his. I have a finder, a multi pedal effect( a G2) which has a compresser, wah/effect, Zoom Noise Reduction, drive, equalizer, Extra EQ/ Cabi and mic, MOD/SFX, delay, reverb, and control. It also has 3 parameter knobs that can adjust the pattern, tempo, and rhythm volume. I have a rage, 158 amp thats a transtube sereis, that has a clean and lead switch, and two knobs that have pre gain and post gain, an equalization which as three knobs low, mid, and high and a switch that goes from Vintage to modern. Anyone know how i can set all this up to sound like zakk, anything will help?

If you really want to sound like zakk, you need to play like him. having the equipment is really only 1 factor. Learn some Zakk Wylde songs / solos and try to play them the way he does. Your setup sounds like its good enough to get a sound similar to Zakks. Its basically just heavy distortion. He does use other effects ofcourse, but again... its mostly how you play it. thats what you should focus on 1st.
shred is gaudy music
Step 1: Use a pinch harmonic every fourth note and only practice pentatonic scales.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack
Step 1: Use a pinch harmonic every fourth note and only practice pentatonic scales.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.

LMFAO I LOVE SOUTH PARK
Quote by DillusionSystem
LMFAO I LOVE SOUTH PARK

Sadly Zakk Wylde got drunk and had a car accident with the underpants gnomes, killing them all. Hence no mention of South Park.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by HardAttack
Sadly Zakk Wylde got drunk and had a car accident with the underpants gnomes, killing them all. Hence no mention of South Park.

Stop fucking around and answer his question.

In one of his Guitarworld columns, he said he likes to keep a Wah pedal in the middle position while playing. He also likes to step down on said wah pedal when he hits harmonics.
Well...when teenagers that know nothing about music (ala 3 power chords) have nothing better to do...you'll get those kinds of responses...

To answer your post...consider the setup that Zak uses.
- Les Paul (a guitar with humbuckers will do..)
- A Marshall TUBE amp... (scoop the middle some to allow for better harmonics)
-Distortion pedal
- Wah Wah set to the middle somewhere

Then...listen to a lot of his playing...jam with a CD of his...

You need to learn pinch harmonics REALLY well...(find some George Lynch stuff) as well as the pentatonic box scale, then learn to play it everywhere on the neck. Practice tapping too...

You have to remember though that 90% of someone's tone comes from their fingers, picking and handling of the instrument. With practice you can learn to play like someone else, but you are learning to play LIKE them as opposed to buying all the gear they have...

It's a balance of the 2

Good Luck
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Stop fucking around and answer his question.

In one of his Guitarworld columns, he said he likes to keep a Wah pedal in the middle position while playing. He also likes to step down on said wah pedal when he hits harmonics.

Good answer, I should try that on some of his songs.

I noticed when he shreds he uses a lot of blues scales so maybe practice those at crazy speeds. But in all seriousness, crank the gain, crank the treble, then switch to those bridge pickups and play some pinch harmonics. Songs like Stillborn are basically 75% PH lol.