RealGuitarHero
Just Call Me Zacch.
1,790 IQ
Hey all,

Recently I have decided to set up a show featuring 3 possibly 4 bands. The bands are the following by order of their set:

Burning in Time: A Punk-Alternative Christian Band 3 Piece
Counterfeit Chaos: A Alternative band 4 Piece(My Band)
Tomahawk Child: A Surf Punk band

The thing is the only really well known band around here is Tomahawk Child(I was in this band as a replacement for one of the guitarist who was later dumped by the girl he left the band for so I nicely stepped down so he could return), My band has a sort of following at my highschool but nothing to write home about. As for Burning in Time they have friends that would show up but I can't be sure as they go to a Christian Private school, I am just good friends with the Bassist who I have known for a good 10 years of my life. So what should I charge for this show. We all will have at least 10 song sets including a cover or two in my band. Truth be told the only reason we are charging is to go towards our gear fund, but I think that charging would be just even if we didn't need the cash as much as we do. So please if you can help out and thanks as always UG!
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
shoolocomous
is now 10% fat free.
117 IQ
Say the gig's free, then lock them up and charge them for their freedom.

Or, slightly less illegally, $7.77
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
RealGuitarHero
Just Call Me Zacch.
1,790 IQ
About 70 Tomahawk Child fans and perhaps more from the highschool marching band, Our Bassist Jesses Boy Friend and his friends, and I'd say about 15-20 friends of me and the other guitarist, and possibly a mass of people for our drummer who is deeply loved. I can't say for Burning so... lets say at least 100 people?

As for the 7.77 price that might be good for the christian bands school thanks.

Still need Other prices though!
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
ortrigger
UG's other Mormon
565 IQ
if your all just small acts i would say no more than 5 dollars or the equivalent where you live.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
funkbass369
UG Senior Member
794 IQ
5 bucks
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
RealGuitarHero
Just Call Me Zacch.
1,790 IQ
Ok then, good deal, that way each musician gets 41.66 Dollars if 100 people show up not counting Merchandise that they may or may not have. Thanks!

/thread
Quote by barden1069
Ultimate_Gio92
Creamy Goodness
649 IQ
5 dollars.. so people can pay you with a nice bill without fussing around with change
SpiritOfRadio11
248 IQ
5 bucks would be be good
-------------------------------------------------
Rythem Guitar/Singer-Smoke Patterns
www.myspace.com/smokepatterns

Quote by its irrelevant
I think you should go to the Amazon, cut down a tree and make one guitar out of it, then burn the rest.

Spiting Al Gore FTW
Ultimate_Gio92
Creamy Goodness
649 IQ
Quote by Eminored
Buy food and overcharge for it, easy profits.

then if no one buys the food.. hes ****ed
TonyRandall
young fire.
1,719 IQ
yeh, 5 bucks sounds good

free would be great to get more people to come and you could charge later

advertise like crazy, make this one free.
charge for the next one.

but if you do charge

5 bucks is my answer.
Zycho
300 IQ
Free.

If you absolutely MUST however, $1-2.
Ramco
The Insanity Plaguing UG
256 IQ
Admission should be $5-7.

Get a bunch of cans of pop and sell them for $0.75 each (this is how much they typically are in vending machines). Usually you can find somewhere that has 2 12 packs for $5, so 5/24 equals roughly 0.21 each. You'll make yourself a nice 54 cent profit on each one, and will most likely sell a lot if the crowd is moving so much that they get dehydrated.

See if you can get your hands on a microwave for the night and make popcorn. You can get a 4-pack of packages for $1, and re-sell the popcorn for $1 a bag or so.
Originally posted by Neon Knight
Ramco i worship you and your awesome comment \m/
hurlyz
My name is Karim
1,753 IQ
I'd say you either do it for free and make a lot of advertising/network enlarging, etc. or you charge 5$ and risk having less fans but more money!

Also, you can sell/give demo ep's or whatever you have.... it's always good publicity!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Ramco
The Insanity Plaguing UG
256 IQ
Just put "Free Hat" on the fliers for the show.
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!
2,471 IQ
Careful about selling your own food/beverages. Check with the venue and make sure that is okay. A lot of times, it won't be.

If people will pay $4, they'll pay $5. No mucking about for change.

Some bands/clubs/events around here do PWYC - Pay What You Can. Could be worth considering.

You're expecting 100 people? From my experience, and I'm totally serious.... divide that by 3 and you'll get a more realistic number. Lots of people SAY they'll come, but literally 2/3 of them won't show.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
AndrewDulina
1960's
1,478 IQ
What alot of bands around here do is presell the tickets for less and at the door it cost more. This can also attract publicity because if one person buys a presold ticket they will obviously tell their friends about it. The concert i went to charged $8 for a presold ticket and $12 at the door, you could possibly charge $5 for a presold ticket and $8 at the door. (Dont tell them how much the door price is untill they get their, then there prety much stuck into paying it) I know its kind of mean, but it does work.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
Ramco
The Insanity Plaguing UG
256 IQ
Quote by axemanchris
Careful about selling your own food/beverages. Check with the venue and make sure that is okay. A lot of times, it won't be.

I was under the impression that he is putting this show on at a Jaycees or Fire Hall or something, and he's in charge of the whole show. Knowing the venue itself and its capacity, as well as how many people tend to show up for shows there can help us help you.

Help me help you, Alex, help me help you.
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
Quote by axemanchris
You're expecting 100 people? From my experience, and I'm totally serious.... divide that by 3 and you'll get a more realistic number. Lots of people SAY they'll come, but literally 2/3 of them won't show.

qft. you will always get less people than you expect.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
cortez0
144 IQ
Quote by AndrewDulina
What alot of bands around here do is presell the tickets for less and at the door it cost more. This can also attract publicity because if one person buys a presold ticket they will obviously tell their friends about it. The concert i went to charged $8 for a presold ticket and $12 at the door, you could possibly charge $5 for a presold ticket and $8 at the door. (Dont tell them how much the door price is untill they get their, then there prety much stuck into paying it) I know its kind of mean, but it does work.

I tought this is a common way of selling tickets.
Pre-sales which are 75% of the original price at the door.
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"
Another bassist
That is left-handed
1,321 IQ
I'd say 5 dollars.

It's pretty cheap so nobody will get pissed, and it'll quickly add up.