Page 2 of 2
Quote by LP Addict
Floyd rose discovery OT series.

150 dollars for the guitar.

comes with OFR.

good luck finding one, i bought them the last week they were really clearanced.

I thought they used Speedloaders, made in Korea or some other Asian country.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I thought they used Speedloaders, made in Korea or some other Asian country besides Japan.

the DST series does...

the DSOT (discovery series original tremolo) used OFR. they were few and far between, sold for 599.99 new, complete dump in sales, went to 200.00, then 150.00 to get them out of the warehouses. basically a crappy crappy crappy basswood body (terrible routing, terrible wood, the trem claw screws were 1/8 of an inch away from my neck pickup, they went all the way through the body, haha). the neck was actually fantastic, perfect frets, everything, pickups and electronics were complete ****, they put the FR on in the US and out the door they went.
i have a question for you
when i had my edge III parallel with the body(the way you say it is wrong)
my trem stayed in tune,
but if i try to make it "correct" as the way you say it is good, my trem went out of tune
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
how do i stop my edge III from sticking, ive got to pull it back up to keep it in tune and i cant go all the way down on divebombs becase the whole bridge comes out of place
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by barcelona_rov
i have a question for you
when i had my edge III parallel with the body(the way you say it is wrong)
my trem stayed in tune,
but if i try to make it "correct" as the way you say it is good, my trem went out of tune

Quote by 12joey.c12
how do i stop my edge III from sticking, ive got to pull it back up to keep it in tune and i cant go all the way down on divebombs becase the whole bridge comes out of place

Basically you guys oughta loosen all your locking nuts, increase the spring tension a lil' and retune.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
my paint is wearing off my trem....what should i do?
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by National_Anthem
Ultimate set-up guide for Edge III. Carefully unscrew EdgeIII. Purchase OFR. Install OFR.

You should have the OFR BEFORE you take out the Edge III. If the bridge is out, then the strings will be off. If your strings are off for a while, your neck might get messed up I assume.
Quote by godofshred
if setup properly, like any trem, the edge III will perform well.
sure, it wont perform like a lo pro, edge or edge pro, BUT it will return to somhat reasonable tuning...nothing that cannot be corrected by the fine tuners.
Now, when you buy a gutiar in that price, you CANNOT expect a £180 bridge unit on a £300 guitar..its ridiculous...so put up!

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=8&TempID=9&STRID=211439&Method=0&CategoryID=0&BrandID=1598&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=
Quote by AngelOfHatred
You should have the OFR BEFORE you take out the Edge III. If the bridge is out, then the strings will be off. If your strings are off for a while, your neck might get messed up I assume.

Nope.
I hate my stupid edge 3. The bloody socket for the trem arm came out and I had to take it to get repaired and it cost me 30 bucks.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
Quote by smokin_joe
This guide = Epic phail.

Edge III = Epic Phail.

Dude, get an RG with a Zero.

Obvious troll is Obvious

The cheapest RG with an Edge Zero is $899, Not everyone can afford that.
And not everyone can afford an OFR
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
And the Edge III is a pretty good bridge. Much better than what the other brands are using. It actually stays in tune well.
Quote by nyandres
And the Edge III is a pretty good bridge. Much better than what the other brands are using. It actually stays in tune well.

sigged.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
who's going to listen to a guy that tells you to take all your strings off at the same time just to change the strings, regardless of whether its a sucky trem of not
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
Quote by brush200400
who's going to listen to a guy that tells you to take all your strings off at the same time just to change the strings, regardless of whether its a sucky trem of not

If you think of it, pushing the trem bar down and getting the strings all flappy is the same thing.

Don't leave em off for days, but 5-10 minutes to change strings isn't a big deal.
Quote by FRDesign
If you think of it, pushing the trem bar down and getting the strings all flappy is the same thing.

Don't leave em off for days, but 5-10 minutes to change strings isn't a big deal.

No it's not - if you dump the trem down while playing you've got the strings there to balance with the springs and bring you back to pitch.

If you take all the strings off the guitar then you've got a ballache of a time trying to re-tune, there's simply no point taking them all off. Change strings one at a time, it's a lot quicker to simply bring the new string up to tension before replacing the next one. It's also a lot less wear and tear on the knife edges which is naturally a concern on a cheap bridge with flaky knife edges like the Edge 3.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by tenaciousjp
my paint is wearing off my trem....what should i do?

I think they all do that.
I don't really worry about it, it looks good on my guitar, not sure about yours though.
Perhaps not the most in-depth guide, but for those who are experienced with trem systems the picture alone is enough to get that Edge III sorted.

I recently got my RG350 back from being fully setup and serviced, and the tech himself with decades of experience didn't know about this subtle difference on the Edge III. I didn't complain however as he did a fabulous job on every other area of the guitar.

As for the Edge III being a suckish trem, well sure it isn't the best out there. But it's certainly far from the worst when taken care of, and considering that most of the "better" trems would cost more than a mid-range RG..great value. Having said all that, I'll be replacing it when I get the cash
I was wondering if someone could tell me how tight the springs on a tremolo should be. I have an Ibanez 320 DXQM w/ a Edge 3 Floating Tremolo. I adjusted the bridge pegs to set the front of the bridge level with the guitar. Now what? Prop the bridge up (level with the guitar) and, tune the guitar, right? And then take the prop out and the strings will hold against the strength of the springs. Correct? What physics law is that based on?
Page 2 of 2