Page 2 of 8
I like, Kiss from Alive! on till Love Gun then from Revenge on till now. I liked some of there eighties classics but it was it wasn't the same without Ace Frehley, I think Eric Carr is the man though, but They were better than most during the hair metal. Ace Frehley had an awesome Solo album, better than the others, but that's just me.
^ The Revenge era is dy-no-mite eh? That's the album that I used to prove to all my friends that KISS still had it after years of hair metal.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by Sloopy
^ The Revenge era is dy-no-mite eh? That's the album that I used to prove to all my friends that KISS still had it after years of hair metal.

Very true KISS is great i love the revenge era with eric singer.

Holy **** its a long time since i posted!

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

man kiss is fantastic. their debut until Alive II is the best era for kiss. all of their stuff is good though. ace is probably one of the funniest guys in rock music.
Quote by metallicaPOOS
man kiss is fantastic. their debut until Alive II is the best era for kiss. all of their stuff is good though. ace is probably one of the funniest guys in rock music.

yeah i absolutley love ace's laugh xd

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Yay there in Melbourne right now!! I'm gonna see them tomoz. Lol they played "shout it out loud" on a football show for the opening night on TV, boy, you could tell that the've done it for a long time.
Quote by KISSguitarist
Very true KISS is great i love the revenge era with eric singer.

Holy **** its a long time since i posted!

Singer's drumming really gives KISS and heavier feel, I've noticed from the various Rock The Nation bootlegs I've heard.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
Singer's drumming really gives KISS and heavier feel, I've noticed from the various Rock The Nation bootlegs I've heard.

yeah you can see it in sao paulo 1994 i think ill get a link for you sloop

Sloop scroll down toSS monsters of rock sao paulo

http://youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=74BlackDiamond74

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Mate got to have his photo taken with Paul Stanley on the weekend. He's the biggest KISS fan i know, infact, his whole family are KISS fans. Especially his mum, last time we saw them, she instructed my mate to get pictures of Paul's arse.

So when he got to the front, he put Paul on the phone with his mum, and he screamed out "Nancy...Nancy" blah blah. And after that, my mates responce was, there you go, you've now heard Paul screaming your name
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
the biggest KISS fan is the one who show up in Gene Simmons Family Jewels. He ask Gene to play mini golf. that was really funny
play your guitar loud!!
shred your guitar even louder!!
www.zeepaw.com
I never did like actually this band, look like bunch of posers even if they aren't
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
Love KISS with Ace Frehley, after he left I sorta lost intrest. :s Animalize is a decent album but thats pretty much all I like from the non make-up years.
What does everybody think of Tommy Thayer? I think he does an awesome job of being lead guitarist
I like listening to Carcass while I rape and pillage.

well thats nice but im not homosexualy
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
Mate got to have his photo taken with Paul Stanley on the weekend. He's the biggest KISS fan i know, infact, his whole family are KISS fans. Especially his mum, last time we saw them, she instructed my mate to get pictures of Paul's arse.

So when he got to the front, he put Paul on the phone with his mum, and he screamed out "Nancy...Nancy" blah blah. And after that, my mates responce was, there you go, you've now heard Paul screaming your name

LOL of course Paul's whole family are KISS fans

Quote by riti
I never did like actually this band, look like bunch of posers even if they aren't

As i said in the first post if you do not like the band do not post or bash them

*Post Reported*

Quote by Sloopy
Thanks man! So great!

No Problem, Sloopy my Man!

Quote by Dakota Bob
What does everybody think of Tommy Thayer? I think he does an awesome job of being lead guitarist

He is alright but he is no ace frehley but atleast they are there

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Has anyone seem them live yet? I can't wait till I see them in May (the tickets sold out in 6 minutes here )

Quote by Themaddoctor
Love KISS with Ace Frehley, after he left I sorta lost intrest. :s Animalize is a decent album but thats pretty much all I like from the non make-up years.

Animalize is decent...have you heard Revenge?

To the other guy that posted about Tommy Thayer - I really like his playing a lot. More focused than Ace. Not meaning he's better, just, different.

Quote by Kartman

Right, I'd heard various KISS songs up until not long ago, and I thought they were quite good - they were the famous ones really. I recently had them recommended to me by a friend who is a mad fan, and noted that recommendation, and the same day I think I saw a best of in Tesco for a fiver.
Now I'm really not a fan of compilations but seeing as I didn't have a clue where to start with KISS (due to the sheer amount of material), I got it as a sort of overview - the only reason I ever will buy a compilation.

When I got home and put it on, I put it on in the background and was fairly impressed, but the first time I'm actually LISTENING to the music is as I type and I'm really enjoying it. It's a compilation of '74-'82 and some of the songs are awesome. So far, my favourites are probably Strutter, She, King of the Night Time World, Love Gun and Makin' Love (A live version). I love the solo in Love Gun, that's what made me put that song there - the ascending bit from about 2:20 is just awesome.

Anyway I'm really liking what I'm hearing here, so could someone recommend me where to go next? As in whether to buy actual albums from this period or whether to go to a different era or something?

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by Sloopy
Animalize is decent...have you heard Revenge?

To the other guy that posted about Tommy Thayer - I really like his playing a lot. More focused than Ace. Not meaning he's better, just, different.

Yeah i like tommy thayer but you see he hasnt went through drugs and alchohol and i think he won't go through them but with ace he went through drugs alchohol and depression and also he got ****ed around with Gene if you have read his book you would know what i mean i watched a video on youtube ill get link in a sec about ace talking about gene and his book at a concert.

FOUND it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=52Zv3--lt6Y&feature=related
(It's hard to hear but you can understand it

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
Yeah i like tommy thayer but you see he hasnt went through drugs and alchohol and i think he won't go through them but with ace he went through drugs alchohol and depression and also he got ****ed around with Gene if you have read his book you would know what i mean i watched a video on youtube ill get link in a sec about ace talking about gene and his book at a concert.

FOUND it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=52Zv3--lt6Y&feature=related
(It's hard to hear but you can understand it

Thanks man! You've become my KISS thread buddy . Tommy can't match Ace, but he does a damn good job filling his boots.

To Froddy:
Get Alive!, the debut (KISS), Destroyer, Creatures Of The Night, and Revenge.

Quote by Kartman

I'm going through all the Kiss studio albums. I'm curently on the Gene Simmons solo effort, which has some pretty surprising moments on it.

Seeing as he's the guy responsible for God of Thunder, I expected something a little heavier than this. That said, I do like it. There's some Beatles-esque work in here.
Cheers Sloopy, I think KISS is my next stop on the record buying stop so I'll check them out. My mate says he has some DVDs to lend me too

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
I love KISS and especially frehley! but shouldnt this be in the 80's rock place?

why would it be in the 80's place KISS goes from 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's so this shouldn't be in the 80's place!

yeah frehley is great but i've started watching some kulick and im liking him about the same ace now :O!

Quote by Sloopy
Thanks man! You've become my KISS thread buddy . Tommy can't match Ace, but he does a damn good job filling his boots.

To Froddy:
Get Alive!, the debut (KISS), Destroyer, Creatures Of The Night, and Revenge.

Sloopy add me and join Ace Frehley fan club and KISS nation links below .

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/kiss_nation/
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/acefrehleyisthebest/

Check on 2nd post of this forum for KISS pics (warning they are pretty big

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Mar 29, 2008,
Guy's dont forget to join the Group's Ace Frehley Club and KISS nation both posted above

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

^ Will do KISSguitarist.

What does everybody think of Psycho Circus?

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
^ Will do KISSguitarist.

What does everybody think of Psycho Circus?

I'm not happy with what Gene and Paul did with the album and how they got Kulick and Singer to sing and play on 95% of the album it was meant to be the last Ace, Peter, Paul and Gene Album and seriously i like the song's but im pissed off with how Gene and Paul mostly Gene ****ed Ace & Peter around again!

Also has anyone read Gene's book talking about the band? It's Bull**** all it is, is bagging Ace and Peter and if you haven't read the book and when you do you will see that Gene made Paul and him to look the good guy's. So when you read Gene's Book read Ace's Book because that's what his story of the band is and he says how Gene ****ed them around and everything.

/Rant

Also guy's the album's i have is the Alive Box set, Destroyer (CD), Creatures of the Night (record), Rock and Roll over (record), The Best of the Solo Album's (record) and i have an animalize CD

Solo Album's=$12, Creature's=$15 and Rollover=$15 got them for a steal

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Apr 8, 2008,
Joined the Ace club and Kiss nation

Good job Bob the more Member's the better!

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

On the subject of Gene and Paul vs. Ace and Peter you have to remember - Gene and Paul created Kiss. I mean yeah it's pretty awful some of the stuff they did to Ace and Peter over the years but I mean Gene and Paul wrote a majority of the songs, signed all the right deals, and did whatever they could to keep Kiss going forward. Ace and Peter, from my point of view, were valuable but not invaluable. They were in it for a good time and whatnot while Gene and Paul were in it for the good time and the business aspect. That's only my opinion though.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
On the subject of Gene and Paul vs. Ace and Peter you have to remember - Gene and Paul created Kiss. I mean yeah it's pretty awful some of the stuff they did to Ace and Peter over the years but I mean Gene and Paul wrote a majority of the songs, signed all the right deals, and did whatever they could to keep Kiss going forward. Ace and Peter, from my point of view, were valuable but not invaluable. They were in it for a good time and whatnot while Gene and Paul were in it for the good time and the business aspect. That's only my opinion though.

That's why Peter and Ace left in the first place they both wanted to do more song's yet Gene and Paul only wanted to do there song's.

Also have you seen some movie's from 1998? The Original Member's of KISS Reunite for 1 last album. Peter and Ace only did about 2-4 song's on the album. As much as i love Bruce and his technique I'm just pissed off with what Gene and Paul did for the album and the press as much as The Original Member's of KISS Reunite for that last album.

Sloopy i agree with some aspects with you but that just pisses me off what Paul and Gene did also ill get a video off youtube for you! It's a good laugh!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFUaYk3eC_I

There you go Sloop my friend

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

i dont really like KISS. i mean, there are a few songs that i can tolerate, but overall i dont like listening to them. i just never understood the popularity they have.

my girlfriend, her dad, and her brother are all big KISS fans.
Quote by Sloopy
Oh man, that was hilarious!!!

yeah i know i laughed for about 20minutes after the first time i watched :P xd

Also Sloopy guess what my dad found at the tip yesterday!

A ****ing vintage Organ amp (Leslie 825) go to the electric guitar forum to see it :P

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by Twist of fate
I'm not here for 2 months and still 5th top poster in this thread

Lol i see this thread isn't getting that big in that case im 1st though

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
yeah i know i laughed for about 20minutes after the first time i watched :P xd

Also Sloopy guess what my dad found at the tip yesterday!
A ****ing vintage Organ amp (Leslie 825) go to the electric guitar forum to see it :P

Sounds cool, I think I've got one of those somewhere. I know I have a Leslie speaker for sure, I'll check and see.

Quote by Kartman