Page 3 of 8
Quote by Sloopy
Sounds cool, I think I've got one of those somewhere. I know I have a Leslie speaker for sure, I'll check and see.

Awesome Sloopy Doopy post some pics of it be nice to see it .

Might even give you an offer for it :P

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Sweet job on getting the amp, how is it?
I like listening to Carcass while I rape and pillage.

well thats nice but im not homosexualy
Quote by KISSguitarist
Awesome Sloopy Doopy post some pics of it be nice to see it .

Might even give you an offer for it :P

Haha alright I'll see what I can do. Have to wait for my camera to get back to me after lending it to my girlfriend. What do you use yours for besides guitar?
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by Sloopy
Haha alright I'll see what I can do. Have to wait for my camera to get back to me after lending it to my girlfriend. What do you use yours for besides guitar?

It's actually not a guitar amp. I can't use my guitar on it it's an organ amp !

Quote by Dakota Bob
Sweet job on getting the amp, how is it?

There is something wrong with it but im gonna get it fixed for a good sum of $300!

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Cmon guy's keep it alive!

I just found my KISS unmasked cd in the car :P

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

i´m going to see kiss now in may when they are in sweden it gonna be so ****ing fun

i love kiss.
I have their greatest hits, Smashes, Trashes, and Hits. I got it for Christmas. They have alot of great albums and were well ahead of their time. If I could select the most influential figure on glam and heavy metal, KISS would probably be right next to Led Zeppelin, Slade, and several others. It is very high, on that list.
Quote by KISSguitarist
It's actually not a guitar amp. I can't use my guitar on it it's an organ amp !

Haha, guess I'm just lucky to have a brother that knows his electrical **** eh? He rigged it for my guitar years ago.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
Haha, guess I'm just lucky to have a brother that knows his electrical **** eh? He rigged it for my guitar years ago.

Lol you know that makes the amp drop in price :P im gonna get it fixed and probably sell it lol

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
Lol you know that makes the amp drop in price :P im gonna get it fixed and probably sell it lol

Who cares? I'll never part with it. I love it too much.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
Who cares? I'll never part with it. I love it too much.

:P I want to sell it so i can get my favourite amp. Marshall JCM900 with the JCM900 Cab! I realized awhile ago that KISS used it on there 1996 tour

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
:P I want to sell it so i can get my favourite amp. Marshall JCM900 with the JCM900 Cab! I realized awhile ago that KISS used it on there 1996 tour

To be honest, those Marshall's aren't so great. Get a Marshall like the one (or ones) that Ace used in the 70s. That's tone for ya.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
To be honest, those Marshall's aren't so great. Get a Marshall like the one (or ones) that Ace used in the 70s. That's tone for ya.

What rig doe's he use in the 70's?

With JCM900 i know i can get KISS tone because they used them in the 90's

I think he used Randall somewhere

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Hey guys! Im a big Kiss fan, and this looks like the thread for me!
My top favorite Kiss Songs are:
Love Gun
100,000 Years (Alive!)
Creatures Of The Night (Alive III)
Let me know
Plaster Caster

I think they used JCM 800's in the 70s, KISSguitarist
Here in Finland, all the KISS albums are being republished and sold very cheap now that they are doing a sold out concert(s) here

Quote by KISSguitarist
What rig doe's he use in the 70's?

With JCM900 i know i can get KISS tone because they used them in the 90's

I think he used Randall somewhere

Paul and Tommy use Randall's now, Paul started using them on the Psycho Circus tour full time (I'm 90% sure). I wouldn't be surprised if Paul used Randalls in the Revenge-era either. I believe that Ace used a Marshall JCM800 100-watt amp for his live tone in the '77-'82 part of his career. I'm not positive on any of these amp choices however, I highly recommend researching more before you purchase anything.

Quote by Kartman

JCM 800 is the best amp you can get in my opinion!
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige
Laney GH 50L
Vox AD30VT
POD XT Live
Thank's guy's I might either look into Randall's or the Marshall JCM800 or 900

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Kiss Are The Best Band On The Face Of The Earth!!!!
Ace Frehley Is The Best Guitarist On The Face Of The Earth!!!!

I Think You Know Where I'm Going With This
Quote by KISSARMYSOLDIER
Kiss Are The Best Band On The Face Of The Earth!!!!
Ace Frehley Is The Best Guitarist On The Face Of The Earth!!!!

I Think You Know Where I'm Going With This

Ace and Bruce are equal in my opinion!

Nice to see another KISS fan on these forum's!

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at May 5, 2008,
Quote by KISSguitarist
Ace and Bruce are equal in my opinion!

Nice to see another KISS fan on these forum's!

Bruce is a better guitarist, but i like Ace so much better plus he's the original. And he's got a great sense of humor
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige
Laney GH 50L
Vox AD30VT
POD XT Live
Quote by AceFrehleyRocks
Bruce is a better guitarist, but i like Ace so much better plus he's the original. And he's got a great sense of humor

Yeah he has a great sense of humor you have to admit that.

They are both great guitarist's but ace is original if he wasn't the original guitarist i would like bruce more

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

This has probably been said before, but Ace has an awesome laugh!

Quote by Dakota Bob
This has probably been said before, but Ace has an awesome laugh!

Many, many, many time's before my friend .

He should of replaced Heath Ledgar as The Joker in Batman in my opinion.

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Is it me, or am I the only one who loves the Creatures of the Night album? it doesn't seem to really get the recognition it deserves...

Quote by Dakota Bob
Is it me, or am I the only one who loves the Creatures of the Night album? it doesn't seem to really get the recognition it deserves...

COTN is a phenomenal record. Unfortunately when it was released, nobody really cared. After three stinkers (Dynasty, Unmasked, The Elder) the public had lost faith in KISS. It's funny though, because I think that had Creatures been more successful - KISS would have kept the make up on for longer.

Quote by Kartman

It's nice to see some fans of the album It's sad that it is probably their worst selling album though

Quote by Sloopy
COTN is a phenomenal record. Unfortunately when it was released, nobody really cared. After three stinkers (Dynasty, Unmasked, The Elder) the public had lost faith in KISS. It's funny though, because I think that had Creatures been more successful - KISS would have kept the make up on for longer.

Exactly what i was thinking.

I love COTN it's one of my favourite records!

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I Love it Loud or Rock and Roll Hell is probably the best song off the album IMO

Quote by Dakota Bob
I Love it Loud or Rock and Roll Hell is probably the best song off the album IMO

I have to disagree IMO Creatures of the Night is one of KISS's non Original line up bests song's. But Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr have to be playing though

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
I have to disagree IMO Creatures of the Night is one of KISS's non Original line up bests song's. But Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr have to be playing though

It weird for me, when I started to really enjoy Bruce's playing (Revenge-era) Carr had already passed away. I knew Eric was great from the beginning but Bruce never really impressed me until late in his tenture.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
It weird for me, when I started to really enjoy Bruce's playing (Revenge-era) Carr had already passed away. I knew Eric was great from the beginning but Bruce never really impressed me until late in his tenture.

I love when Bruce and Singer played it but when Carr R.I.P God Bless and Bruce play they are just awesome. Bruce is an amazing guitarist just a shame they had the ruenion tour but i spose there was Ace

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I have to say Bruce is an amazing player, even on the 80s songs he used great techniques but always subtle, like the tapping on crazy, crazy nights. I love the Alive 3 version of creatures.
I think one of the reasons the album didnt do great was because it all sounded empty. And the weird backing vocals on Creatures DID NOT help LOL
Just my 2cents.

I really wish they would tour as Gene, Paul, Eric and Bruce again, WITHOUT makeup.
They released their best album in years with Revenge and then threw it all away. Sure the reunion was cool but they should have left it there, and they REALLY should have stopped after Psycho Circus.
But Gene sees that dollar sign and away he goes lol cant blame him but still....
Just call me Mr Sambo.....

Check out my profile for my covers!
Last edited by grooveytigerrr at May 18, 2008,
Quote by grooveytigerrr
I have to say Bruce is an amazing player, even on the 80s songs he used great techniques but always subtle, like the tapping on crazy, crazy nights. I love the Alive 3 version of creatures.
I think one of the reasons the album didnt do great was because it all sounded empty. And the weird backing vocals on Creatures DID NOT help LOL
Just my 2cents.

I really wish they would tour as Gene, Paul, Eric and Bruce again, WITHOUT makeup.
They released their best album in years with Revenge and then threw it all away. Sure the reunion was cool but they should have left it there, and they REALLY should have stopped after Psycho Circus.
But Gene sees that dollar sign and away he goes lol cant blame him but still....

I have to agree with you 100%

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I've been listening to the 80's Kiss albums and have only just noticed how great a drummer Eric Carr really was, it's sad that he is no longer with us

Quote by grooveytigerrr

I disagree, by leaving their non-makeup years behind with Revenge (well techinically Carnival of Souls) the guys closed off those years. It was the perfect way to end an era. I do agree that Psycho Circus was crap, but I really would like some new material.

Anybody like Live to Win?

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
I disagree, by leaving their non-makeup years behind with Revenge (well techinically Carnival of Souls) the guys closed off those years. It was the perfect way to end an era. I do agree that Psycho Circus was crap, but I really would like some new material.

Anybody like Live to Win?

Live to Win. I haven't listened to that yet

Sloopy i have to disagree i thought they should of kept going with Singer and Bruce. But soon KISS will be dead because of Paul and his heart

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at May 19, 2008,
Quote by Sloopy

I never said they shouldn't have done the reunion, they were great still in 96/97.
Its just gone too far now, you have an Ace lookalike and soundalike on stage that isn't Ace and its just rediculous.
A lot of the Carnival record was verry heavy and Bruce influenced which wasn't a bad thing but I think it had lost the "fun factor" that other KISS records were known for.

I also wondered what Bruce things about the fact that Eric plays with them again and he doesn't although I guess it doesn't matter as he can always get a gig but they were just so great together.

BTW I have nothing against Tommy Thayer, he's a great player. I just don't like that he is only there to play like Ace.

As for new material, I doubt we will ever get anything...but if the best they could do almost 10 years ago was Pshycho Circus thats probably no bad thing lol
Just call me Mr Sambo.....

Check out my profile for my covers!