here's my attempt at the intro (up to the 'fast part') of Ocean. It's on a 6-string, so the tone obviously isn't accurate. there are also a few mistakes i'm aware of. c4c of course. thanks and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiikccuNBug
Last edited by H(i)SS at Jan 4, 2008,
Good crisp recording, I like it. The 6th string sounds off to me but maybe it's just the guitar. Record the rest, sounds great so far.
thanks, will do. the low E isn't actually out of tune, but it gets slightly bent when i tap the bass note in the intro, hence the slight heightening of the pitch. If I do it any other way, there's no sustain at all, so i'm sort of having trouble with that.

If anyone has some pointers on doing that, let me know. It seems so easy lol.
Wow that was great! You played the beautiful song very well. Hope you'll post the whole thang one day
nice job i love john butler trio ever since i first saw a concert on PBS from when they released Sunrise Over Sea
yeah that was really well played, i haven't heard the original one so i can't compare them but this sounded really good.
Hey! thanks for the comment on my cover song.
OK this is only the intro? ive never heard this song before but now that I've heard it from you Ive downloaded and listened to it many times now.
Considering you only had a 6 string i find it pretty unbelievable.
Your next step is to just get the whole thing out there.

Good Job.
Thanx for your honest opinion on my cover.

As you said, a few mistakes, but a very nice recording overall. High five
Quote by NeilCulbert
Hey! thanks for the comment on my cover song.
OK this is only the intro? ive never heard this song before but now that I've heard it from you Ive downloaded and listened to it many times now.
Considering you only had a 6 string i find it pretty unbelievable.
Your next step is to just get the whole thing out there.

Good Job.

thanks. yep it's just the intro for now, but i'll start work on the rest of the song soon enough. Learning the 'fast part' immediately after the intro is gonna be a bitch, but i'll have a full cover done and posted at some point.
Very well done. I've tried it before but I could never get enough volume out of my guitar on the high strings.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Commented on YT as 'ThisMustBeAvailable'.

You've inspired me to start learning it now. I've got the first few bars down so far! =P
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Yeah that was great.
Everything, with the hand tapping and the hammer on's went together really well.

I've seen the Trio live a couple of times and they are something special.
Nice job transposing it to 6 strings man. Sounded great overall but something about the low E is bothering me, but as you said, its due to the tapiing of the bass note.

Good job man
My Gear:

Schecter Gryphon Ruby Red

Dunlop Original Crybaby
Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

My Youtube Channel, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnake77
Dont listen to anyone who says you are not good. Your cover sounded great so far. I love that song, and the way you played it was perfect.....i love you