Page 4 of 7
They seems to be alternating between old songs. I'd prefer Kill the Old to 57, they played 57 last time I saw them.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by TheMarsClyro
I'm glad that 57 and Justboy are in the setlist but I'd cream myself to sleep each night for the rest of my life if they play Jaggy Snake.

Also looking forward to Manchester Orchestra.

Yeah, I really wanted to hear Jaggy Snake

Manchester Orch were brilliant! They played Shake it out, Everything to Nothing, The River and two more thay escape me lol!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Saw them on Thursday:

They didn't play anything from Vertigo and the only thing they played from Infinity Land was Glitter and Trauma.

They played EVERYTHING from Puzzle except The Conversation Is... and Folding Stars.

From BS they played Joy.Discovery.Invention, 57, Justboy, Hero Managment and Solution Devices.

New songs played were That Golden Rule, The Captain, Born on a Horse, Bubbles, God and Satan, Cloud of Stink and Mountains.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
We got Jaggy Snake last night. I've never seen such a good crowd reaction to a song, I'd be surprised if they didn't keep playing it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by eazy-c
We got Jaggy Snake last night. I've never seen such a good crowd reaction to a song, I'd be surprised if they didn't keep playing it.

I hope so

It's probably my favourite Biffy song to play, closely followed by Bodies in Flight.
Hello, mother leopard. I have your cub. You must protect her, but that will be expensive. 10,000 cola nuts, wrapped in brown paper. Midnight, behind the box. I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
I'm only up to Mountains but this album's sound is massive, can't wait to get the full benefit through a decent sound system.

I'm at Manchester on Saturday, may have an extra ticket as well.

Edit: I wish he'd strain his voice abit more, for the raw emotion they used to have, you get it live but not on record anymore.
Hello, mother leopard. I have your cub. You must protect her, but that will be expensive. 10,000 cola nuts, wrapped in brown paper. Midnight, behind the box. I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
Last edited by TheMarsClyro at Nov 4, 2009,
The album is pretty good. I know what you're getting at with the rawer vocal of the older albums, it is somewhat missing.

Anyone else think Mountains sticks out like a sore thumb? Just feels out of context for me.
Quote by Mathamology

Anyone else think Mountains sticks out like a sore thumb? Just feels out of context for me.

The deal with mountains is that apparently the band didn't want it to be on the album, after all, they said it was a one off release. Their label however demanded it should be probably for commercial reasons. One of the problems about going to a big label i guess, as well as having their sound changed dramatically.

Personally I doubt I'll be buying this album, Songs like the Captain are just pure shite. TGR and cloud of stink are the only two from what i've heard that truly show how talented musically they can be if they want.

S'all gone downhill since puzzle musically. Good for them becoming successful tho, just sad that songs like Jaggy snake hardly ever make the set list any more.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
I'm really liking the new album. I'm also really liking Puzzle.

I'm becoming a monster

I'm even liking Mountains
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by eazy-c
I'm really liking the new album. I'm also really liking Puzzle.

I'm becoming a monster

I'm even liking Mountains

This album is everything I hate about Biffy, yet I find myself humming the tune to bubbles about 5 hours after listening to it!

Worst album they've done but it's still better than half the gash I hear.

I also quite like Mountains
Just got back from seeing them in Leeds, and could honestly not be any happier. Probably the best gig I've seen in my life. Can't remember the exact set list, but it consisted of mostly the Puzzle album, and about five off the new album, plus these beasts;

Joy. Discovery. Invention.
Justboy
Mong Amongst Mingers
Glitter and Trauma
Jaggy Snake

If only they'd have played Toys Toys Toys, my life would have been complete.
We got all them in Manchester as well!

Argueabley one of the greatest days of my life. I got to play on a Gretsch White Falcon and hear Jaggy Snake live in the space of a few hours
Last edited by TheMarsClyro at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by Mathamology

Thats exactly how I feel about it. It really shouldn't be on the album. The songs are in a poor order as well. eg. God and Satan should not be right after Bubbles
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Quote by Mathamology
A little bit of both...

There's just something ultimately un-cool about playing a synth, live at least.

Narrowminded.

:P
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I thought the synth sounded great live.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I thought it was the best Simon's voice/guitar playing has been in ages, he nailed everything perfectly.

He's also fueled my want for a tattoo.
my favorite band ever, own all their albums and love every track on each of them, i am a bit to enthusiastic about them to my friends though
New Gear Fund £155/£???
Quote by Dudeman5000
Narrowminded.

:P

Quote by eazy-c
I thought the synth sounded great live.

Quote by n00blet
lols indeed its funky only biffy would dare be so funky!

The synth sounded good, but funk does not sit well with hairy sweaty scots

Quote by TheMarsClyro
I thought it was the best Simon's voice/guitar playing has been in ages, he nailed everything perfectly.

He's also fueled my want for a tattoo.

Simon always blows me away, especially on songs like Bubbles with a fairly complex lead + a vocal line. Easily my favourite guitarist, and definitly one of my most influential.
Yeah, the live session on Zane Lowe's show really doesn't do him justice.
these blokes changed the was I think about music, mon the biffy indeed, got the only revolutions box set en route so I'm glued to the mail box.

Don't suppose anyone knows what simon's amp is for his clean tones btw? Got a Jag Classic HH and a 212 dsp so I should be able to get remotely near.
I think I remember reading somewhere that it was a Fender Hot Rod Deville, but don't quote me on it.
It's a Hotrod Deluxe. Or at least, that's what he was using when I saw them like two weeks ago. And I should know since I own one myself :P:
Quote by Mathamology
The synth sounded good, but funk does not sit well with hairy sweaty scots

*ah-hem*

Quote by ChemicalFire
The new album is orgasmic!

I love every single song!

Bubbles give me chills down my spine, the chorus and it's lyrics are so great!!!!!!

Shock Shock, Born on a Horse are really cool rocky songs!

I adore mountains and love that golden rule! Know your quarry and many of horror are awesome as well!

LOVE THE ALBUM SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
Quote by thedefrockednun
The new album is orgasmic!

I love every single song!

Bubbles give me chills down my spine, the chorus and it's lyrics are so great!!!!!!

Shock Shock, Born on a Horse are really cool rocky songs!

I adore mountains and love that golden rule! Know your quarry and many of horror are awesome as well!

LOVE THE ALBUM SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear it! Especially when there so much negativity about the new album!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

Quote by Dudeman5000
Glad to hear it! Especially when there so much negativity about the new album!

The album deserves it's own thread!
The album deserves its own forum tbh.

Anyway, so has anyone played Simons new signature strat yet? Is it anygood? How are the pickups? Hows the quality? Normally I'm a gibson/Epiphone man but I really wanna get back into strat type guitars.
The Duke live experience is mental!
Quote by sakura'sdarkest
The album deserves its own forum tbh.

Anyway, so has anyone played Simons new signature strat yet? Is it anygood? How are the pickups? Hows the quality? Normally I'm a gibson/Epiphone man but I really wanna get back into strat type guitars.

Diddn't know he got one! Who manufactures?
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

According to Dawson's Website the Simon Neil strat is being sold for just over £250. I'm heading into Manchester on Wednesday so i'll have a look in to see if it's any cop and report back.

Most signature guitars are overpriced and to be honest my expectations aren't that high for these.
'that golden rule' is amazing love that song and 'captain' need to listen to the rest of the album more
Quote by TheMarsClyro
I think I remember reading somewhere that it was a Fender Hot Rod Deville, but don't quote me on it.

Yep, is this, certain i heard him say this in an interview.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES