Page 5 of 7
Moaaar Biffy!

Think I'll go for the Blackpool date. Could I get Jaggy Snake twice in the same year?

(edit: No because it won't be 2009 )
Hello, mother leopard. I have your cub. You must protect her, but that will be expensive. 10,000 cola nuts, wrapped in brown paper. Midnight, behind the box. I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
Last edited by TheMarsClyro at Dec 15, 2009,
Hey I don't suppose anyone konws where I can get the Only Revolutions B-sides?

I bought the album the day it came out and I reeeeally don't fancy splurging on god knows how many singles i'd have to buy!

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

iTunes

Anyone get to the Glasgow instore show?

I queued for three hours and just missed out on a wristband. Sad forever.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Does anyone here have a copy of Puzzle that doesn't have the 90 seconds of noise at the start of the first track?
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Man I cannot explain how much I love this Band.

I started with Puzzle and owrked my way through all of the albums.

I LOVE all of their music, Simon is an amazing guitar player! (and vocalist).

Hope to see them when I move to Glasgow for Uni.

Wish more people knew an dappreciated them, people should find out about their shear awesomeness!

Also: God And Satan video was released, it's awesome

Isn't it kind of unusual to release 6 singles?

here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAtacHPAHLI
Biffy Clyro - The Captain is amazing, also check out "God and Satan" The video's for these songs are something else
They release six singles because they're sell-out bastards.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I've been to the past few, it's shite apart from the old songs. Yet I still keep going, purely in the hope I get more than one Vertigo of Bliss song.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Just wrote a squidoo articlle on biffy, check it out! (in my sig).

Also, are they gonna release every song from Only Revolutions as singles?
They need to play Australia again. I missed them in Melbourne, I think it'd be killer if they played Adelaide at Soundwave or Big Day Out. Need to see them again, they're just too good.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by thedefrockednun
Just wrote a squidoo articlle on biffy, check it out! (in my sig).

Also, are they gonna release every song from Only Revolutions as singles?

they did it with puzzle.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
This thread is being brought back from the dead because I love Biffy.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Biffy are the biggest sellouts known to man and it makes me want to cry at night.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by eazy-c
Biffy are the biggest sellouts known to man and it makes me want to cry at night.

And we have a troll already!

Success!
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Truly not a troll in the slightest, Biffy were my favourite band for years. Going to see them nowadays is almost torturous apart from the rare moments when they tear into the good material. Don't get me wrong, there's some great songs on Puzzle and Only Revolutions, but there's a fair ton of shite too.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by eazy-c
Truly not a troll in the slightest, Biffy were my favourite band for years. Going to see them nowadays is almost torturous apart from the rare moments when they tear into the good material. Don't get me wrong, there's some great songs on Puzzle and Only Revolutions, but there's a fair ton of shite too.

Okay.

Just checked out the back catalog and confirmed that you're not a troll.

I do still miss the old Biffy, but I don't think it's fair to blame them for their new style. IMO, the fact that their adopting of more mainstream styles coincides with their move to 14th Floor is no coincidence. And their B-sides are much more classic Biffy. There's an irony in the fact that said B-sides are usually better than most other modern music.

What I would really love would be either 14th Floor cutting them loose on their next album, or them running out on their contract and not resigning with them. There's probably sod all chance of either of those ever actually happening, but I can live in hope.

LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Quote by eazy-c

I remember reading an interview with them years ago where they said they only released singles because the record company wanted to, and that the albums were all they really cared about.

Roll forward a few years and Mountains is released a year and a half before the album it's on.

-_-
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I remember reading an interview with them years ago where they said they only released singles because the record company wanted to, and that the albums were all they really cared about.

Roll forward a few years and Mountains is released a year and a half before the album it's on.

-_-

And whose fault is that? 14th Floor.

I don't particularly like Biffy's new music either, but the problem lies with the label.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Absolute anyone with the slightest knowledge of the music industry knows what signing with a major label entails.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by eazy-c
Absolute anyone with the slightest knowledge of the music industry knows what signing with a major label entails.

Come on, if you had released three records with an indie label and you got a call from a major label, what would you do?

Besides, look at Muse. They've been with a major label from the start and have been making really wierd music all that time.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Come on, people. This thread isn't dying again straightaway.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Quote by NeutralFan
Come on, if you had released three records with an indie label and you got a call from a major label, what would you do?

Tell them to fuck off. At least sign with Domino or somebody like that.

Quote by NeutralFan
Besides, look at Muse. They've been with a major label from the start and have been making really wierd music all that time.

Hardly.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by eazy-c
Tell them to fuck off. At least sign with Domino or somebody like that.

Hardly.

Stop being an annoying arsehole.

Edit: Whatever I might feel about Puzzle and OR compared to the Beggars Banquet-era records, I can always at least feel satisfied that songs like The Conversation Is and Living is a Problem are still pretty much infinitely better than the majority of music out there.

You can't deny that they're still good, if not quite as charmingly bizarre as the likes of Now the Action Is On Fire! and Strung to Your Ribcage.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Last edited by NeutralFan at Aug 3, 2011,
ZOMFGZZZ Biffy Clyro are like, my fave band EVARRR!!!!1!! I Simon Neil!! When We Collide is like, the most played song on my iPod and I would totally be their greatest fan in the world!!

Now that that's out of the way, I just thought I'd say Biffy are in fact my favourite band, and yes I do like their newer albums, although Blackened Sky is my album of choice, Infinity Land being second. I first heard them through a guitar magazine when Mountains was just out, and I liked the track, but they slipped my mind. Fast forward to Only Revolutions coming out and I bought, once again on reccomendation of the same magazine. I listened once then forgot about them. Fast forward again to a summer holiday abroad with nothing to do, and I found myself looking for music I hadn't heard on my iPod, and I found Who's Got A Match in a compilation. I fell in love with the track, and subsequently Only Revolutions. On returning home I bought Puzzle, then Blackened Sky, then Infinty Land and finally Vertigo of Bliss, with many singles and EPs and B-Sides inbetween. I now have over 140 individual Biffy songs, plus alternate versions. Unfortunately, my love affair came too late and they had played my country and left before I really got into them, and have not returned since. However, I'm holding out hope that they will eventually return, maybe even with new music.

TL;DR I love all Biffy

so, anyone want to talk about anything, or discuss why old is better than new, or just tell me off for liking their newer material too?
I'm open, hit me.
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Quote by davrockist
ZOMFGZZZ Biffy Clyro are like, my fave band EVARRR!!!!1!! I Simon Neil!! When We Collide is like, the most played song on my iPod and I would totally be their greatest fan in the world!!

Now that that's out of the way, I just thought I'd say Biffy are in fact my favourite band, and yes I do like their newer albums, although Blackened Sky is my album of choice, Infinity Land being second. I first heard them through a guitar magazine when Mountains was just out, and I liked the track, but they slipped my mind. Fast forward to Only Revolutions coming out and I bought, once again on reccomendation of the same magazine. I listened once then forgot about them. Fast forward again to a summer holiday abroad with nothing to do, and I found myself looking for music I hadn't heard on my iPod, and I found Who's Got A Match in a compilation. I fell in love with the track, and subsequently Only Revolutions. On returning home I bought Puzzle, then Blackened Sky, then Infinty Land and finally Vertigo of Bliss, with many singles and EPs and B-Sides inbetween. I now have over 140 individual Biffy songs, plus alternate versions. Unfortunately, my love affair came too late and they had played my country and left before I really got into them, and have not returned since. However, I'm holding out hope that they will eventually return, maybe even with new music.

TL;DR I love all Biffy

so, anyone want to talk about anything, or discuss why old is better than new, or just tell me off for liking their newer material too?
I'm open, hit me.

Okay. For some bizarre and annoying reason this didn't appear in my inbox and as a result I let the thread go cold again.

(come on, Biffy fans...)

Anyway, I agree with you. I prefer their older stuff, but you would have to be plain stupid not to love the new songs and the B-sides too. Some of the B-sides are amazing, and I love the way that they blend old and new Biffy into awesome yet accessible masterpieces. They truly are still one of the best bands out there, regardless of who decides to cover them.

Having said that, the whole Matt Cardle-When We Collide saga still really pisses me off. It's hard not to get pissed off by the way that Cardle was applauded and paraded around for making a watered-down cover of a song he didn't write. Cardle's version isn't terrible, but it doesn't take a retard to see that the original is far better.

So why the hell does one person get all the fame for an inferior version of a song he never wrote while the guy who wrote the original, superior version remains out of the spotlight?

Plus, anyone can see that it was only renamed "When We Collide" so that people who googled it wouldn't find the Biffy version.

What's wrong with the world?

LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
They could easily be this generation's beatles, nirvana, zeppelin. I'd put them right up there with those greats and many more. Wasn't too fond of puzzle, but everything before, and even Revolutions was/were amazing. Ben has got to be one of the best drummers out there. Mon the Biffy!
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Agreed with the two above comments - Definitely Ben for one of the top drummers ever

The thing that I personally don't like about the Matt Cardle thing is the stinking key change. That and that alone made me hate it.

And in general I find their B-sides (especially the newer ones) to be even more exceptional than the album tracks, if only just
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
For some strange reason, I haven't seen them live yet.. that shall soon be rectified however.
Although it's good that the Matt Cardle issue brought more fans for Biffy, it still slightly annoys me. Their album prices also went up after the x factor heist: hehe, managed to get Only Revolutions before though for a steal off HMV at £3.99 (Indian instincts).
Tbh though, Matt didn't pick the song so we shouldn't blame him.
Last edited by honeydukes at Aug 29, 2011,
Quote by honeydukes
For some strange reason, I haven't seen them live yet.. that shall soon be rectified however.
Although it's good that the Matt Cardle issue brought more fans for Biffy, it still slightly annoys me. Their album prices also went up after the x factor heist: hehe, managed to get Only Revolutions before though for a steal off HMV at £3.99 (Indian instincts).
Tbh though, Matt didn't pick the song so we shouldn't blame him.

You mean he didn't even write it? In that case, he is even more pathetic and epitomises all that is wrong with the modern music industry and society as a whole. The one thing I had going for him was that he at least could make a slightly decent cover, and if he can't even do that then he doesn't deserve any of the fame and attention he... well, got. He seems to have buggered off now.

And if he did write the cover then I stand by my earlier comment.

Edit: Actually, I'm not really so much blaming him as I'm blaming society. Something is seriously wrong if people are quite so willing to be brainwashed by flashy lights and what the TV tells them. Either that or they just have no taste in music whatsoever. I swear that the world, or at least sophisticated modern civilisation, is coming to an end.

Anyway, this thread is about Biffy, not talentless excuses for wannabes. All hail the Biff.

Edit 2:
Quote by davrockist
Agreed with the two above comments - Definitely Ben for one of the top drummers ever

Yup. That guy really knows how to drum. His lines are always sophisticated and interesting but never obtrusive, unlike certain drummers I can think of off-hand (Google "Five Becomes Four" if you want an example).

Quote by davrockist
The thing that I personally don't like about the Matt Cardle thing is the stinking key change. That and that alone made me hate it.

I don't actually mind the cover, though I do think that the original is vastly superior and more subtle. What irks me is the way that it, and by extension Cardle, has been paraded around while the original and superior version hasn't. I tell you, some people.

Quote by davrockist
And in general I find their B-sides (especially the newer ones) to be even more exceptional than the album tracks, if only just

Agreed. I sometimes show Hermaphrofright or Hawkwind to a bunch of friends, just to watch their jaws drop when I tell them that they're listening to a B-side.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Last edited by NeutralFan at Aug 31, 2011,
Quote by davrockist

I've been debating buying Only Revelations for a while now. I remember listening to
clips on the net and not really liking any of it. I could listen to That Golden Rule, The Captain or even Many Of Horror and think, yeah that's alright, but that's as far as it goes. I'm probably too stubborn to let myself like it though.

I didn't really mind Cardle's cover. It's really not that bad, even the key change. As far as i'm concerned he's not really covering a Biffy song anyway. The name change pisses me off though. Blatant psuedo-plagarism and a testament to how retarded people are.

Blackened sky, Infinity land and The Vertigo of Bliss are all you need anyway. I bought Puzzle when it came out, but a little piece of me died that day. I found Biffy a little late (about a year before puzzle came out) and couldn't believe I hadn't heard them before. I'd finally found MY band. Dickheads.

If you're up for it, (and if it's within the rules) check out my sig for a tasty "some kind of wizard" cover.
Quote by shmeegle
I've been debating buying Only Revelations for a while now. I remember listening to
clips on the net and not really liking any of it. I could listen to That Golden Rule, The Captain or even Many Of Horror and think, yeah that's alright, but that's as far as it goes. I'm probably too stubborn to let myself like it though.

I didn't really mind Cardle's cover. It's really not that bad, even the key change. As far as i'm concerned he's not really covering a Biffy song anyway. The name change pisses me off though. Blatant psuedo-plagarism and a testament to how retarded people are.

Blackened sky, Infinity land and The Vertigo of Bliss are all you need anyway. I bought Puzzle when it came out, but a little piece of me died that day. I found Biffy a little late (about a year before puzzle came out) and couldn't believe I hadn't heard them before. I'd finally found MY band. Dickheads.

If you're up for it, (and if it's within the rules) check out my sig for a tasty "some kind of wizard" cover.

Basically how I feel/felt. And I wiil listen and edit this post with feedback on said cover

That was possibly one of the most accurate covers of a song I have ever heard - your tone was awesome

Also, has anyone heard anything about new music? I heard before the summer that they were going to be recording soon, but I haven't heard any news since then...
Quote by dawgeth321

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Last edited by davrockist at Nov 17, 2011,
Apparently there'll be a new double album out towards the end of summer/early winter. Wasn't too keen on OR but i'll no doubt check it out.

I really hope Mike Vennart has something to do with the recording process because Oceansize had some really interesting ideas.
Hello, mother leopard. I have your cub. You must protect her, but that will be expensive. 10,000 cola nuts, wrapped in brown paper. Midnight, behind the box. I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
I doubt Vennart will be involved to be honest, but I guess you never know.

Apparently him and Simon Neil have a thing going together called 'Empire State Bastard' though. If the name's anything to go by it'll be fucking awesome
Quote by TheMarsClyro
Apparently there'll be a new double album out towards the end of summer/early winter. Wasn't too keen on OR but i'll no doubt check it out.

I really hope Mike Vennart has something to do with the recording process because Oceansize had some really interesting ideas.

End of April I heard
Quote by dawgeth321

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
A concept album! I'm glad they're still writing and of their success, but I don't know how excited I am about it. Sounds like it'll be split between sensible company pleasing pop tunes and more old-school alt rock stuff.

Hope it'll be better than Only Revelations regardless.