Page 2 of 3
I have a Kramer Focus 1000. It is an early model made in America. Kicks ****in ass.
Quote by EVH92
I love the ones from the 80's.

1984 baretta=*Insert any adjective that means amazing here*

I have a 1987 Baretta I with a custom Spider Guitart, how about that? It's my main guitar, and, suprisingly enough, is great for any genre of music, from metal to blues...

It's modded, it has a coilsplit/kill/full switch for the bucker and a neck SC with a respective switch.

Photos:

EDIT:

By the way, believe it or not, I bought it for not much more than 270$. I got it off a guy who wasnt completely aware of what he was selling. He did not know how much the guitar was worth, he did not know how old it was, he did not know the brand. And, he did not know, that it's the only one here, in Poland.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Last edited by binjajer at Feb 5, 2008,
Come on where are all the Kramer fans at? Too many Ibanez fanboys on these threads

Someone asked for more Kramer pictures so here you go....

Here's my baby, '86 Kramer Focus 1000 with a Seymour Duncan Custom Shop '78 pickup

...and I've always loved EVH's Frankie with a Kramer beak neck the most.

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
i used to have a kramer focus 6000, powder blue hss super strat. ofl, mij. i traded it to my nephew for a yamaha bass, and a peavy tnt bass amp.. w/the clause that if he ever decided to sell it , i get first bid. he wont sell it, has put stickers on it and changed at least one pup. i sure miss that guitar
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by mig-29
i used to have a kramer focus 6000, powder blue hss super strat. ofl, mij. i traded it to my nephew for a yamaha bass, and a peavy tnt bass amp.. w/the clause that if he ever decided to sell it , i get first bid. he wont sell it, has put stickers on it and changed at least one pup. i sure miss that guitar

Oh man putting stickers on it is stuff you should get shot for
Check Craigslist or EBay there are always some good deals flying about. I got mine off CL, got lucky. The guy didn't really know what he had and sold it cheap
can anyone tell me what model this is? i've looked through alot of kramer archives and stuff and can't find anything it's a 12 string acoustic electric, it has what seems like an electric guitar's neck, it's very top-heavy but plays great all the same, it was handed down to my from my dad, it's about 15-16 years old.

Last edited by l3p4rd at Aug 2, 2008,
Ohhh, I've never seen this thread before...

Here are some old pics of my 1983 Kramer Pacer Special. I love this thing. Great tone and amazing build quality. It could use a nice setup, but it still plays pretty well. Nowadays I have a Seymour Duncan SH10 in it. I'm in the midst of getting some updated pics with a full "rap sheet" to go with them.

Quote by l3p4rd
can anyone tell me what model this is? i've looked through alot of kramer archives and stuff and can't find anything it's a 12 string acoustic electric, it has what seems like an electric guitar's neck, it's very top-heavy but plays great all the same, it was handed down to my from my dad, it's about 15-16 years old.

Its a Ferrington, check out this site
http://vintagekramer.com/company44.htm
cool thanks alot, I love this guitar, seems to be very rare, I wonder how much it's worth..I would never sell it
I have a 1988-1989 Kramer Vanguard 420 (from the 100 series) that i bought recently. Looks sick. Pickups sound alrite (don't compare to my SG Special), FRII is superb. Bought for $AU380
Update!! I just put an SD-EVH pickup (the one you had to call the seymour duncan custom shop to get) in the bridge of my guitar. I traded it to my teacher for the old sh-11. Man, this pickup rips. Its just so.... mean sounding. If you could get your hands on one (I'm very lucky I did) GET IT. IT SOUNDS AWESOME
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
I've got a 1980's Kramer Paul Dean signature in flip-flop blue - love it! Must get some pics of it though...

Would love to get a 1984 Baretta with the maple neck, but they're hard to find, especially in Ireland!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by EVH92
Update!! I just put an SD-EVH pickup (the one you had to call the seymour duncan custom shop to get) in the bridge of my guitar. I traded it to my teacher for the old sh-11. Man, this pickup rips. Its just so.... mean sounding. If you could get your hands on one (I'm very lucky I did) GET IT. IT SOUNDS AWESOME

Yea the Custom Shop '78 model was balls man. Everyone here raves about the Bareknuckles and so on, I don't think they even come close. The '78 is in a league of its own, my favorite pickup by far.
Just looked on craigslist, someone in my area is selling an '86 focus 1000 for $300
Quote by Meths

Quote by Pr0gNut

Quote by the_perdestrian
Quote by EVH92
Just looked on craigslist, someone in my area is selling an '86 focus 1000 for $300

Thats not a bad price. I bought mine for $240. The guy initially wanted only $200 for it and supposed to have one guy come look at it ahead of me so I told him I'll give him $250 for it and pick it up next day. He didn't have change so I saved $10 The Focus line is really underrated, no way in hell could I get an ESP made, made in Japan guitar with an OFR for that little and almost mint. I recently purchased an '83 Pacer Special and awaiting its arrival in the mail hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday...and in one piece!
Well she arrived today and all is perfect. Here's a group photo of my newest addition a 1983 Kramer Pacer Special (black) along with my '86 Kramer Focus 1000 that I picked up in the spring
WOW. Those are nice man. I would kill for that focus.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Pr0gNut

Quote by the_perdestrian
Wow those are some really nice Kramers , I got a Focus 6000 ,floyd rose , mahogany neck ,seymore duncans and I love it , Its my main guitar I use , like it better then my Washburn DD70 that i just got . Bought it brand new back oh wow way back in 1988-89 something like that and have played it hard ever since . dont have any pics of it but its like a transparent blue . Great sound in Drop D . Looking to get a EVH Dtuna , to make it even more versitile . Anyone got one of those and do they really work. I mean do they keep it in tune switching back and forth like that ?
I've been offered on the white Focus but its not going anywhere. Worked too hard to get both of them
Sorry forgot to add, the D-Tuna works just gotta make sure its installed properly and your Floyd isn't floating. I think I'm gonna pick one up soon.
Here is mine....

Its a Kramer 410 from the 100 series. [not a vanguard] Its got a real deal OFR and custom "designed by seymour duncan" pickups that were only available on the 100 series guitars. It was made in the late 80's a year or two before the company went under. I've been told at a music shop that its pretty rare. Its my baby.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Well this thread has been dead for a while so lets try and liven it up a bit. I recently got a hold of some up close pictures through the Kramer Forum of Ed's Kramer 5150. This is not a replica but the actual guitar.
Anyways, the pictures.....

From the information I've received the guitar now has a different pickup then it did back in the 80's and has had that specific pickup for about 10 years now apparently.

Back in the day....

...and how it is now

Here's a nice close up of the broken headstock, the repair job done by Music Man and the extra tuner added so Ed could use it in the mean time. You can also see the remains of the Music Man sticker that was put over the Kramer logo when Ed signed with them back in the early 90's.

This is a sad picture. In 2004 Ed used this guitar on their tour a few times and added a Charvel neck with a striped fingerboard not only that but to make the neck fit on the body they had to resize/make the neck pocket bigger thus changing the body forever that the original neck will no longer fit. Ahh drunken Ed and his dumb ideas
is the kramer pacer custom II any good?

what'd be a decent price for one? I've recently been GASing for an 80s superstrat.

Ideally I'd get one with a maple board, bright colours and a strange pickup arrangement but beggars can't be choosers...
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Pretty much anything from the Pacer lineup is quality as well as look into the Focus lineup also. 80's Strikers, Aerostars were plywood. Just be aware that some guys, more on ebay love to sell mutts and pass them off as real Kramers. Your best bet in value would be a Focus 6000. Its pretty much identical to a Pacer Custom and depending on the year will have 3 on off switches for the pickups so you can mix and match pickup combinations at will. Price range for that is around $300 give or take. Japanese ESP made with an OFR you can't really go wrong. Maple boards are a bit tougher to come by but they're around and on USA models as the Japanese ones (Focus) were all rosewood.

Here's a great deal one of the forum guys found the other day
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/997193963.html
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Jack, I thought you were getting the FR Version?

I'm taking the guitar to uni and wasn't sure about it, so went for the fixed bridge - I think the finish on it is the nicest and the rosewood fretboard is a change from my maple necked strat, and really looks the part! I may get a FR in the future though!
You're making me want to buy one now

I like the look of the maple necked one.
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by Cobain_Is_King at Jan 27, 2009,
Look what arrived in the mail today

It's a 1987 Kramer Focus 3000. Brought it for ~365 $ of Ebay incl. shipping. Has some scratches on it but for me it only adds to the character of the guitar. The Floyd is a Made in Germany OFR. Only thing I have to do now is to make some chances to it to make it my own. Mods incl. new mirror pickguard, SD Hotrail in the bridge, Fender Noiseless in the middle and neck position and the coil splitter that is now on the guitar will be relocated to the lower horn and made into a killswitch.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
Look what arrived in the mail today

It's a 1987 Kramer Focus 3000. Brought it for ~365 $ of Ebay incl. shipping. Has some scratches on it but for me it only adds to the character of the guitar. The Floyd is a Made in Germany OFR. Only thing I have to do now is to make some chances to it to make it my own. Mods incl. new mirror pickguard, SD Hotrail in the bridge, Fender Noiseless in the middle and neck position and the coil splitter that is now on the guitar will be relocated to the lower horn and made into a killswitch.

get a lighty up mirror pickguard.

http://www.auroraproject.co.uk/
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
That Focus is nice bro, nice catch!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
You're making me want to buy one now

I like the look of the maple necked one.

I really, really recommend one. If GAK get any more in after March you should consider one for sure!
Quote by DSOTM80

This is a sad picture. In 2004 Ed used this guitar on their tour a few times and added a Charvel neck with a striped fingerboard not only that but to make the neck fit on the body they had to resize/make the neck pocket bigger thus changing the body forever that the original neck will no longer fit. Ahh drunken Ed and his dumb ideas

he isn't just erasing history, he's making history as well. a guitar that old needed an "upgrade". well, instead of upgrade i'll just say modificiation. i agree that it's pretty sad.. like if they replaced the stones on the pyramids with marble...
It's all about feel
Well to fans of Van Halen he erased history, not making his own with his racket anymore. I mean I understand the guy can't keep his paws off anything without changing it but sometimes you just gotta let things be. Ahh there will always be old videos and photos of the guitar in a state I enjoyed.
I would LOVE to have a Mach I Stagemaster Custom.... saw a cream-colored one for $675 and practically fell in love. god, I wish I had the money. ><
86 kramer focus 6000 with an ofr and everything

350 bucks

doesn't the trem alone go for that?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Last edited by SquierLolz at Apr 22, 2009,