I have the Vox Da5 and its not bad but it does not have any EQ on it except a tone knob...Im wondering if the Fish and Chips Eq pedal woud help me produce a greater variety of tone.

Any thoughts?
Guitar>EQ pedal>Amp, it doesnt matter about the effect loop.

Also, Ive seen those pedals at my shop, Id look into the boss ones, they look alot stronger.
Guitar>EQ Pedal>Amp

I perfer the Fish n' Chips over the Boss one in terms of sound quality, but the Fish n' Chips is made of butter. If you drop it once the casing will break.
I prob made this post in the wrong section =( sorry, but any ideas how it will affect the tone on the Da5... The Fish and Chips is Prob worth it to buy. I'm wondering if it will give me a greater variety of tones, since the Da5 doesn't have an EQ built into it, just a tone knob.

Also this is my first pedal. Thx...

the other pedal I'm looking at would be this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-DS1-Distortion-Pedal?sku=151258
Last edited by GoldenTrees at Jan 12, 2008,
Quote by Paul Carbonella
Guitar>EQ Pedal>Amp

I perfer the Fish n' Chips over the Boss one in terms of sound quality, but the Fish n' Chips is made of butter. If you drop it once the casing will break.

That all depends on where you drop it. Mine has gone through hell, and there isn't even a chip on it. If you drop it from like a story up onto concrete, it'll break, but otherwise it's fairly solid.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
so you think an EQ could help me tweak out the tones more? how much does it affect the sound?
lmfao noone is helping the poor guy, so I'll be the first.

I have a Micro-Cube, so it's similar to ur amp... anyways, an EQ would help a Lot, personally I don't really have a need for one as I'm getting a tube Hot Rod Deluxe soon, but yea an EQ would absolutely help a LOT