Page 5 of 967
I've just been thinking about all of the rock against bush bands in the UK.

On one hand, they resist the idea of the UK becoming the 51st state.

On the other hand, they wholeheartedly embrace American culture.

I chuckled.
the only religion i hate is the westboro church.

Yeah i went to religious school, for jesus or some other silly character like that or something. i got A+s in religion class, by 6th grade i thought religion was the biggest bull**** i've ever heard.

i know theres a church keeping an ''illegal'' immigrant in humboldt park in their church, and cops won't enter it too take her away, i cheer the church on.
Quote by DanRev
They don't like bush? Are they bush dodgers? Pae-do-philes.

You know, Not my president, that vein of things.

I auditioned for a hardcore band called "A Dangerous Idea".

Every song was about Dubya or the Bible belt.

Needless to say, I didn't get the gig, as they needed a smooth, melodic, streamlined singer with a high range, as opposed to an imbalanced jagged bass/baritone like myself.
There's some things that people have been lead to believe that need to be debunked.

Myth: "Religion causes most wars"
Fact: Wars are caused by greed

Iraq war - W. and greedy oil companies invade Iraq (for oil)
First Iraq War - Greedy Iraq invades Kuwait (for oil and land grab)
Vietnam War - Greedy French exploit Vietnamese (heroin, silk, rice, crude oil, etc.)
Korean War - Greedy North Korea invades South Korea (land grab)
WWII - Greedy Germany invades Poland (land grab)
WWI - Greedy industrialists inflate assassination into international war (profit)
Civil War - Greedy plantation owners keep slaves rather than pay for labor (profit)
War of 1812 - Greedy England attempts to take back colonies (control of hemp trade)
French Revolution - Greedy aristocrats starve citizenry (profit)
Revolutionary War - Greedy England taxes colonies into poverty (land grab and profit)

Read "War Is A Racket" by General Smedley Butler (who warned us of fascist takeover of US govt.)
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

In order to find a war started by religion, one must look back almost 400 years ago to the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648)and even that was started by greedy Bohemian aristocrats unhappy with the 1617 election of Ferdinand as King of Bohemia.
They believed that he threatened their wealth and they forced the peasants on their land to fight or be thrown off the land.

2. Myth: Religion kills more people than other belief systems
Fact: Atheists have killed over 150,000,000 people in the last century

Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Nemo, can you tell me some more about the quaker church?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Nemo although Pol Pot, Stalin, and Mao were indeed athiest's the genocides were not based on religion, with these exceptions:

Pol pots muder of educated clergymen. muslims leaders, and buddhist monks, because they tended to have higher levels of education, the total deaths in cambodia were 1.7 to 2.0, I don't even think its fair to point out a religious agenda there.

In russia 130,000 monks were 'arrested' 90,000 were confirmed murdered, although i think its safe for our purposes to conclude that all 130,000 were murdered. Pre WW-2, another group of 1,200 clergymen and 28 Bishops were also accounted for. so thats 135,000 of religious influenced deaths.

Mao estimates are 10 million deaths intentionally (starvation accounts for the other 30 million), cannot find any statements about a religious/non religious ratio however.

and I'm sure there are a few more, but to claim that 150,000,000 of the deaths were caused because of their (lack of) faith seems to be a bit drawn out. Many wars are completelely unrelated to the leaders religion (as you clearly pointed out).

If you were to consider those Athiest related Genocides (aside from ones you can prove) i can just as easily consider Serbia, Darfur, Kosovo, Holocaust, any war with religious leaders.
http://www.geocities.com/paulntobin/hitlerstalin.html
http://www.religioustolerance.org/genocide4.htm
and wikipedia (lol)

*disclaimer i'm just trying to show that numbers are not so clear. I have nothing against Quaker(ism?), which is as i beleive a Pacifist movement.

**I hope this post is coherent enough that it is possible for it to be understood.**
I'm not saying that atheists killed millions because atheism makes you "evil."

I'm saying that atheists like Stalin killed millions of people of faith, such as the estimated 20 million Jews that he ordered killed through his pogroms, because he felt threatened by them.

"Communist" dictatorships like the ones in North Korea, China, Vietnam, Cambodia and China have jailed, tortured and killed people because they refused to give up their religious beliefs.

According to Amnesty International, hundreds of thousands of Falun Gong practitioners and Chinese Protestants are being tortured and sent to labour camps for not being atheists, RIGHT NOW.

All this happens, yet the prevailing mindset is that "religion causes all the world's problems".
This is a point that idiots like Jello Biafra parrots endlessly, yet he never has anything bad to say about brutal repressive regimes like China.

Gimme some truth.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

Why a dictator kills people is irrelevant. He kills people. He should be stopped. I've stopped using "religion killed more people than atheism" argument. Because they've both killed enough people that neither atheists or theists are better than the other.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by johnnynemo
I'm not saying that atheists killed millions because atheism makes you "evil."

I'm saying that atheists like Stalin killed millions of people of faith, such as the estimated 20 million Jews that he ordered killed through his pogroms, because he felt threatened by them.

"Communist" dictatorships like the ones in North Korea, China, Vietnam, Cambodia and China have jailed, tortured and killed people because they refused to give up their religious beliefs.

According to Amnesty International, hundreds of thousands of Falun Gong practitioners and Chinese Protestants are being tortured and sent to labour camps for not being atheists, RIGHT NOW.

All this happens, yet the prevailing mindset is that "religion causes all the world's problems".
This is a point that idiots like Jello Biafra parrots endlessly, yet he never has anything bad to say about brutal repressive regimes like China.

Gimme some truth.

You see, the thing about that is that dictators don't give a flying f*ck about their people. As long as they still have some, they don't care at all. It's not so much that they were atheists, but instead that they were just plain evil people. There are religious people who are just as evil. They use their religion as an excuse for their behavior (i.e. "God wanted me to do it!")
So I kill children, wanna see em die!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by mrwaffles
You see, the thing about that is that dictators don't give a flying f*ck about their people. As long as they still have some, they don't care at all. It's not so much that they were atheists, but instead that they were just plain evil people. There are religious people who are just as evil. They use their religion as an excuse for their behavior (i.e. "God wanted me to do it!")

You really should read this book sometime.

It chronicles how Russian communists brutalized Hungarians to the point where they revolted and abandoned their country.
The AVO would torture you for weeks and months, if you dared to believe in something other than the State and Stalin.

China, once again, is torturing Falun Gong and protestant practitioners in China, because they refuse to worship Mao and the State.

I think the Pope's a c*nt, but the Catholic Church hasn't tortured anyone in centuries.

What I'm talking about is happening RIGHT NOW.
After 150,000,000 dead, you have to admit that killing is part and parcel of how atheist dictatorships are run.

That you chooose not to see it makes me think that you're brainwashed.

It's the cliched "punk" thang to be anti-religion.
I'm just suggesting that rather than parroting the lies Jello tells, maybe you could see what's really happening and think for yourself.
Quote by sargasm

Nothing annoys me more than kids arguing over the war when they have no idea of what's really happening. One side is "Oh man, we're there only for oil". Which is true, to protect oil reserves but there were a lot of human rights violations going on and we try to create a better democracy. The other side is the completely ignorant side which only replies with "We should just nuke the whole place and then we'll be sure to get bin laden". I have to tell them the reason we're in Afghanistan is because of Bin Laden and the war on terrorism.

And about the war/religion subject. We can't ignore the Crusades (which were long ago anyway) and radical suicide bombers. They aren't taking out market places for the fun of it.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by RockThe40oz
I disagree

*insert ****ty pun about them having a blast*
Ok so I just watched the documentary Jesus Camp with my family. Wow. That was discusting. If you havent seen it you should go out and rent it because it gives a really sick view into the kind of people in America.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Ok so I just watched the documentary Jesus Camp with my family. Wow. That was discusting. If you havent seen it you should go out and rent it because it gives a really sick view into the kind of people in America.

I've seen clips of it from YouTube...I soon started to become even more of an anti-Christian than I already was (for example, I'm making a LoC shirt with "Hail Satan!" written on the back), and I've been offending lots of people at school with my "Satanic" talks...
I watched Jesus Camp on google video before. That kid with the Skullet was a total douche bag.
Quote by johnnynemo
You really should read this book sometime.

It chronicles how Russian communists brutalized Hungarians to the point where they revolted and abandoned their country.
The AVO would torture you for weeks and months, if you dared to believe in something other than the State and Stalin.

China, once again, is torturing Falun Gong and protestant practitioners in China, because they refuse to worship Mao and the State.

I think the Pope's a c*nt, but the Catholic Church hasn't tortured anyone in centuries.

After 150,000,000 dead, you have to admit that killing is part and parcel of how atheist dictatorships are run.

That you chooose not to see it makes me think that you're brainwashed.

It's the cliched "punk" thang to be anti-religion.
I'm just suggesting that rather than parroting the lies Jello tells, maybe you could see what's really happening and think for yourself.

Listen Nemo. Maybe I should word what I have to say a little better.

A) My main problem with religion is that THERE IS NO GOD, GODS, OR ANY OTHER SPIRITUAL OR SUPERNATURAL FORCE THAT CAN BE DEFINED THOUGH A RELIGION. My dislike of religion comes from this main fact.

B) My distrust of religion comes from people's blind faith, or rather their inability to consider someone else's viewpoint.

C) Please please please don't ever tell me that I just spout Jello's religious beliefs. I disliked religion before I even knew what punk really was.
Quote by axeslash
B) My distrust of religion comes from people's blind faith, or rather their inability to consider someone else's viewpoint.

I can't agree with that. Just because you can't make religious people believe that there is not a god/gods (which you can't quite prove anyway), doesn't mean that they aren't listening to other views. Some don't listen - that goes without saying, but practically every religious person I know is tolerant and will gladly listen to opinions that differ from theirs.

And also, whatever you said about religious folks can be applied to some of the nonreligious just the same way:

1. You can't prove that there's NOT a god/gods.
2. Nonreligious folks can be just as quick to shut their ears to a religious person.
Last edited by opivy21 at Feb 2, 2008,
Quote by johnnynemo

I really think religion is christian belief is the core of evil, so in genral I agree with you Nemo................but Stalin was a Georgian who wanted to become a priest, so I cannot agree that he was an atheist

EDIT: But I really agree that you should think for yourself.......maybe an advice if you don´t want to believe in nothing do it, but there is nothing bad in adapting everything you want to on the basis of morality and intelligence
Last edited by lavazza at Feb 2, 2008,
Quote by opivy21

1. You can't prove that there's NOT a god/gods.
2. Nonreligious folks can be just as quick to shut their ears to a religious person.

Thats like saying since i cant prove that there is not a lochness monster it MUST be real.
Quote by crustyreed
Thats like saying since i cant prove that there is not a lochness monster it MUST be real.
No it's not. It's like saying that you can't prove there isn't a lochness monster, so it's a possiblity that it exists
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
No it's not. It's like saying that you can't prove there isn't a lochness monster, so it's a possiblity that it exists

So essentially God is like the lochness monster?
j/k

i will not debate anything on the computer.
Quote by element4433

But you can't prove ANYTHING.... there's a degree of uncertainty to everything, so we can't be but so skeptical to our beliefs... If we're not provided any concrete evidence either way, it's nothing more than your environment influencing your belief system and just a matter of opinion
Quote by element4433

Word. I was just refuting axe's point in which he said that there is no god. I can't prove that there is a supernatural being any more than he can prove there isn't. That's all.
i said this before but i think the new rancid album could either be really bad or really good. Juicehead deserves more attention than they get.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by RockThe40oz
But you can't prove ANYTHING.... there's a degree of uncertainty to everything, so we can't be but so skeptical to our beliefs... If we're not provided any concrete evidence either way, it's nothing more than your environment influencing your belief system and just a matter of opinion
Very true. You just have to believe what makes sense to you.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by devourthekitten
I've seen clips of it from YouTube...I soon started to become even more of an anti-Christian than I already was (for example, I'm making a LoC shirt with "Hail Satan!" written on the back), and I've been offending lots of people at school with my "Satanic" talks...

BTW why am i in ur Sig, i just thought it was funny because your avatar looks like my TV production teacher on crack.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I don't care how many atheists killed theists or how many theists killed other people, religion is just ridiculous.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Everyone knows that Odin and the Norse gods are where it's at.

When I die, I'm going to Valhalla. Where the Wenches have large bosoms, the meat is tender and juicy, and the mead flows like a mighty river.
Who is watching the superbowl?

I reckon I could like the game if it didnt keep stopping. I know a few people who follow it closely.
They broadcast the Superbowl in England?

I'm pretty indifferent to Football myself.

But I do watch the Superbowl. I'm more excited about the New episode of House after it.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
They broadcast the Superbowl in England?

I'm pretty indifferent to Football myself.

But I do watch the Superbowl. I'm more excited about the New episode of House after it.

Yeah, they're always trying to break into a new market in England. As if our own sports (Well, footy at least) aren't as commercial as **** nowdays.
Quote by DanRev
Yeah, they're always trying to break into a new market in England. As if our own sports (Well, footy at least) aren't as commercial as **** nowdays.

I know how that is.

Every few years the American media decides to try and make soccer big over here.

It never catches on.

Although the MLS is starting to actually make money, so you never know.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
BTW why am i in ur Sig, i just thought it was funny because your avatar looks like my TV production teacher on crack.

Because nobody ever says anything nice...