Page 3 of 94
i found a trick to the water temple boss in OoT... hookshot it (i forget its name) from a corner, then you gotta swing Link around, then give a few slashes of your sword, finish it off in one go.
Didn't explain it well: just corner the thing, it'll have nowhere to go.

So far it seems like I'm the only one who really enjoyed MM. Not as good as OoT of course, but I rank it 2nd out of all the non-handheld Zeldas. I loved it how it was like an acid trip compared to OoT.
Anyone else with me?
Quote by Papagenu
anybody ever play the one with the seasons?, I can't remember the name but you had a rod that you could change the seasons with I believe it was released with OoT on GBC

Oracle of Seasons/Ages? I thought they were really good. (def. better than minish cap)

Although I do think MM is better than OoT =/
Quote by gflip69
Someone called me on my landline (home phone) and asked me where I was.
Quote by Flying Couch
Links Awakening FTMFW!

God damn windfish.....

and to heavens gate- I loved MM.
Somewhat off-topic: anybody here ever been on OCReMix? Some of the Zelda stuff is amazing.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Getting the bottles is a big deal in the Zelda games. Since there such a pain in the ass to get.

i was just pointing out that bottles are not tough to get at all and he goes to life threating lengths to get them. never mind.

anybody play ocarina?
Quote by heaven's gate

So far it seems like I'm the only one who really enjoyed MM. Not as good as OoT of course, but I rank it 2nd out of all the non-handheld Zeldas. I loved it how it was like an acid trip compared to OoT.
Anyone else with me?

I actually LOVE majoras mask. Its so unappreciated. When i moved i lost my copy, but i just recently got a gamecube game with Oot and MM on it, along with the windwaker demo and the first 2 zelda games. awesome awesome game.
Quote by slamjam
I actually LOVE majoras mask. Its so unappreciated. When i moved i lost my copy, but i just recently got a gamecube game with Oot and MM on it, along with the windwaker demo and the first 2 zelda games. awesome awesome game.

Haha did you find the couples mask quest the hardest part of that game. Man I hated that stupid quest.
Quote by heaven's gate
So far it seems like I'm the only one who really enjoyed MM. Not as good as OoT of course, but I rank it 2nd out of all the non-handheld Zeldas.
I've never played MM, but they really sort of shot themself in the foot with Oot. It was like, "We've just made what is very possibly the greatest adventure game the world will ever know."

"...now what?" It was going to be very difficult to improve over it no matter what they did.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Haha did you find the couples mask quest the hardest part of that game. Man I hated that stupid quest.

unfortunatly i haven't gotten too far into the game. I think i got a little past the second temple, then my n64 copy vanished. i havnt played my new one in a while. im getting an itch to do it now though
Quote by heaven's gate
the couples mask was a pain.
has anyone played Four Swords? How is it?

Ehhhh....It's not that great but if you need some kind of zelda fix I guess it could work.
I thought four swords was alright not the best but still very good
no the four players thing is optional I think with four people it's a different plot(sort of) although I'm not sure I've never played it with four people
Quote by heaven's gate
do you NEED four players and four GBAs to play it?

no you command the other 3 around.
Quote by heaven's gate
do you NEED four players and four GBAs to play it?

no but its more enjoyable that way
hmm... if I can find it for a good price maybe I'll pick it up. I really want to try PH though
Another great thing about Zeld: the music. I don't think there is one bad piece of music in the series. I especially like the version of Serenade of Water in TP
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
I'm pretty sure its the Link from OoT and MM. Though its still up for debate.

No it's not.

He is possibly a descendant, which would make sense as he can wield the sword. But he is for sure isn't Link 'zero' ie The first Link.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
megaton hammer destroys shadow link, he has none of his own.

while on the topic of zelda, i think that the water temple gets a bad rep, there is really one hidden passage that unlocks the entire temple, it's not as hard as everyone says it is.

i beat the game in less than a day once
Last edited by Smitherz at Jan 21, 2008,
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Ok heres a question for the thread. In your guys opinion what was the hardest boss fight ever in any zelda game?

I award that to the "nightmares" in Link's Awakening, solely because of the damn blob that can only be affected by magic powder. I had a tendency to never have any with me
Quote by heaven's gate
Another great thing about Zeld: the music. I don't think there is one bad piece of music in the series. I especially like the version of Serenade of Water in TP
Quote by Flying Couch
Somewhat off-topic: anybody here ever been on OCReMix? Some of the Zelda stuff is amazing.
If you're willing to be a total geek, check it out!

Maybe I'll submit a tab of the main theme... it's very easy.
who else thinks windwaker would have been far better had it not been cel shaded?
OoT>TP.

The dungeons in twilight princess were so boring, there were no puzzles or anything, you just kinda followed the map.
Does anyone use the longshot when Ganon throws your sword out of the fire circle? I find it quicker and more fun.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by slamjam
who else thinks windwaker would have been far better had it not been cel shaded?
I feel like the only guy in the world who didn't mind that sometimes.

I thought it added a carefree childishness to the game - like some kind of really cool childrens story.
Quote by heaven's gate
hmm... if I can find it for a good price maybe I'll pick it up. I really want to try PH though

+1
yea such a great score
Quote by Flying Couch
I feel like the only guy in the world who didn't mind that sometimes.

I thought it added a carefree childishness to the game - like some kind of really cool childrens story.

+1
theres just something about that game, it felt so great to play it.
Quote by Flying Couch
If you're willing to be a total geek, check it out!

Maybe I'll submit a tab of the main theme... it's very easy.

cool I'll check it out.

geeky? eh, maybe, but I see Zelda as part of my childhood; just like a show, book, or movie can be part of one's younger days

edit: I too digged the cel graphics, plus the boat is ****ing great! though it sometimes became a real pain having to go to one side of the map from the other...
Quote by slamjam

I thought it actually added to the game.

I can't imagine that game without the cell shading. It would have ruined it, as rediculous as it sounds.
The.
videogame wise i pretty much grew up on zelda. unfortunately for a while i went through that "video games are for losers" phase and sold just about all my games =/. the last zelda game i played would have been WW. i have an old gamecube lying around though. do you guys recomend getting TP?
Quote by thundrstruk891
videogame wise i pretty much grew up on zelda. unfortunately for a while i went through that "video games are for losers" phase and sold just about all my games =/. the last zelda game i played would have been WW. i have an old gamecube lying around though. do you guys recomend getting TP?

Yes.

Amazing game.
The.
Quote by heaven's gate
though it sometimes became a real pain having to go to one side of the map from the other...

For me, that was the worst part of the game. Of course once you get the portals, it's not much of a hassle.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Yes.

Amazing game.

okay thanks. i wanted to when it came out, just never got around to it.

heres my rank of the ones i played in order of greatness.
1. ocarina of time
2. wind waker
3. a link to the past
4. four swords adventures [the gamecube one]
5. oracle of seasons
6. oracle of ages
Quote by heavens gate
edit: I too digged the cel graphics, plus the boat is ****ing great! though it sometimes became a real pain having to go to one side of the map from the other...
It was a pain in WW, but I thought that frequent horseback travel was one of the best things about TP. When I did my second playthrough, I only used porals when the game required it.

Really, horseback in general was so much cooler in TP.
Quote by Flying Couch
It was a pain in WW, but I thought that frequent horseback travel was one of the best things about TP. When I did my second playthrough, I only used porals when the game required it.

The horseback in TP was great, they had the physics down-pat (as far as I could tell at least). What are these portals ppl are talking about, or is it just that song you play to warp?
Quote by Flying Couch

I loved the horseback in TP.

And actually, I loved the boating in WW, too. The other great things of that game overrid it.
The.
Quote by heaven's gate
The horseback in TP was great, they had the physics down-pat (as far as I could tell at least). What are these portals ppl are talking about, or is it just that song you play to warp?

warp=portals
Pfft who needs the megaton hammer for gannon. Big gorons sword FTW!

I always found that part where he hits away the master sword stupid because i didn't have it equipped anyway....
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER