any of you remember being taught the recorder in elementary school? you must know hot cross buns... but anyways, I always remember the music teacher bitchin about keeping your fingers close to the holes so you could close them faster, and I always thought "fekk it" ill just go as high as I want, but I was just trynna learn some neo-classical stuff and bzzzzzt that monkeys voice creeps back into my head "keep your fingers close" no wonder i cant do it up to speed. My crappy recorder skills are a detriment to my guitarmanship AAAARRGGGGH!!!
Last edited by deathpidgeon at Jan 26, 2008,
I remember saying why the **** do I need to learn to play music, I have no interest in it, and I will never be a musician.... Boy was I off. Recorders suck though, I still have a few somewhere around my house. Hot cross buns Hot cross buns...deh....neh..neh...deh..neh... Hot cross buns. Boy that must have been torture for any music teacher, listening to ten year olds **** up the easiest song in the world all day.
Hot cross buns Hot cross buns...deh....neh..neh...deh..neh... Hot cross buns.
holy sheeit thats hilarious!
Your fingers are way off the fretboard? Is this what your trying to say?
Interested in Japan? Join the Club. PM me or Kurt-Corgan.
Quote by PieceOfMind666

Haha, that was an epic pic battle. you are a worthy opponent

Just practice trying to keep your fingers closer to the fretboard with the metronome. Do chromatic scales with it.
Interested in Japan? Join the Club. PM me or Kurt-Corgan.
Quote by PieceOfMind666

Haha, that was an epic pic battle. you are a worthy opponent

I really thought playing recorder helped me. I learned all the notes on the treble cleff really well. Other than that the skills didnt really carry over, but I still play my recorder occasionally, just for fun.