Yep, So, my great mommy says if i send in my peavey 6505 and pod xt shell let me spend 1500 bucks on a new amp, Considering i only spent 1200 I figured shipping back to musicains friend wouldn't be to bad. Any suggestions

I play metal, Neoclasical and shred i play more often when not gigging, The 6505 wasn't giving me the best neoclassical tone

I'm asking for suggestions from you guys again, The item preferably needs to be on musicains friend, And i am patient enough to wait for new items and such
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Actually, Musicians friend pays for return shipping on returned items. Can't help you with the amp though.
Wow, you have any idea how to work that out?, Do i have to bring it to a ups Local Dealer?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Have you played a JSX? It can achieve all of those pretty well I think. You might want an OD to control the really high gain metal but other than that, its great.
^ thank you, I have also been looking at the ENGL Fireball, but wondering if it can nail a neoclasical tone, i think the screamer can do too
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
The screamer probably could actually. The Fireball I'm not positive, though.
I'd go with the JSX or a Carvin Legacy.

I can't say if the Screamer can do neoclassical or not, but the Fireball is basically Death Metal and clean, unless you have pedals to sort out its shortcomings.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by rwalby9
Have you played a JSX? It can achieve all of those pretty well I think. You might want an OD to control the really high gain metal but other than that, its great.

+1 on the JSX.

Don't think the Fireball would be what you're looking for. The Blackmore would nail it though, but they're ~$200 over your budget.
Last edited by Nolly at Jan 26, 2008,
The JSX is a little steep hows the screamer compare?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive