why dont you ask the seller?
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
It looks like my dad's bass, but I can't come up with the name right now and my friend has borrowed it.

Hold on, I'll figure it out.
Last edited by Mjolk at Jan 26, 2008,
Ha, I found it. It's a Shergold, but now I look at it, it doesn't really look like the one in the picture.
Quote by polaroidvision
why dont you ask the seller?

i did, i even said so in the post.
It's just one of many Junk instruments produced down the years.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
it looks teisco-esq to me

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by John Swift
It's just one of many Junk instruments produced down the years.

+1
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Mjolk
Ha, I found it. It's a Shergold, but now I look at it, it doesn't really look like the one in the picture.

Im pretty sure its not a Shergold.
Notice that there isn't even a product description and name of the bass, the mudbucker, the neck, fretboard, etc. I wouldn't even think about buying it. And the volume and tone knobs look plastic to me...
signature
hello!! its 30 australian dollars at this point and it dosnt look like its going to be a top seller. I would bet on it for the sake of it. If you win you can do whatever you wanted to do to a bass. If the price goes up i would think twice, hell id bet but i live in gellong vic.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Quote by Bullet-Rule
And the volume and tone knobs look plastic to me...

TBH, that's fairly common on cheapo basses.

I personally wouldn't buy it. I'd rather spend more on a bass and get something I trusted not to fall apart.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
it looks really old...with the whole 2 saddles thing...i cant remember when but they did that a long time ago....and if you buy it it should e like a projekt bass....it would e fun but end up costing alot more than $30 in the end.....but if your just going to buy it and leave it as it i wouldnt say thats worth it

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
It is an old Japanese budget bass. Companies like Teisco churned out loads of really cheap basses in the 70s and that is one of them.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Bullet-Rule
Notice that there isn't even a product description and name of the bass, the mudbucker, the neck, fretboard, etc. I wouldn't even think about buying it. And the volume and tone knobs look plastic to me...

That really means nothing apperantly. Last time i was at GC i noticed that the knobs on the $2,000+ strats were plastic. (wtf?!)
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
I always though plastic knobs were fairly common... anyways, if you can't get any info on the bass, why even consider buying it?

It's not really worth the risk, IMO, to buy something "just in case it is really rare" or something.
Who cares what model it is, the guy listens to Pantera! Just kidding, but asking him would probably be your best bet.
thanks i've already found a good bass to buy i just wanted to make sure that that one was some super rare $50 000 guitar for $30.
Can you go wrong with $30, you can't go wrong, worst come to worst just play around with it, customize it or something
The reason old Fenders used bakelite instead of plastic was because it wasn't quite invented yet. What knobs do instruments use here? You think metal knobs are that much more expensive?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by KevnTone
That really means nothing apperantly. Last time i was at GC i noticed that the knobs on the $2,000+ strats were plastic. (wtf?!)

basses usally have metal type knobs that arnt the ones that arnt the retro look. like geddy lee's bass. but whatever

go for it. i got a pawn shop bass and it sounds better than the ibanez
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing