Page 1 of 4
So, i have been planning on going to the Gigantour (Megadeth, Children Of Bodom, and Inflames) since the dates have been released. They are playing a concert in Louisville, which is only like 3 hours away from me, in my home state. I am a huge megadeth fan (and Bodom) and this is the first time i have had the chance to see them so im ****ing going. The date of this concert is April 19th (the day before 420 lol).

Lately, i have been getting hassled to take my girlfriend to prom. She has looked at a few dresses and everything. BUT the other night i decided to look up the date of prom and what do you know, April ****ing 19th. So, i have to tell my girlfriend tomorrow that im not taking her to prom because im going to a Megadeth concert. she knows that i have been planning on going to this concert because i have told her about it, i even asked her if she wanted to go with me, but shes not exactly into that type of thing.

So, my question is: Do you think i should skip the prom to go see megadeth? i mean come the **** on its megadeth and plus i have completely NO interest in going to the prom. but this is my only chance to go, and most people consider this to be an important event in life. I told my teacher about it today and he said that i would regret it, but i dont think i will, i would have a way better time at the concert and would savor that memory more than i would the prom. And another thing is that i dont wanna let my girlfriend down or make her mad.

So, am i making a mistake or not?
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Id go with megadeth, but im also the kind of guy who will easily feel guilty about it, i dont know man... if you dont care about your gilfriend go with the concert, if you do, then the prom.
do you love her, go to the prom. do you love megadeth, go to the concert. :-)
MR morgan
I didn't go to prom. Two friends and I drove an hour to go see "Slither." Definitely worth it. I didn't have a girlfriend at the time, in all fairness.
Can't stop the signal.
dude go to megadeth

your gf knows youve been planning this concert for ages so if she cant understand that this is like the dream concert of all time for you then shes obviously not the right one for you

plenty of fish in the sea my man
"and most people consider this to be an important event in life"

like high-school cheerleaders?

go to the prom
get hammered with hip hop
hip hop < metal
concert > prom
QED
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
thats what i saying, it's ****ing megadeth man

and thats the thing i dont give a **** what she says lol, it just kinda makes me feel like an asshole because she has already been looking fr **** for the prom.

but if i did go, i found the suit i want

http://www.megadeth.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2975

check out Lames Lomenzo all the way to the left, i dont give a **** what you say thats ****ing classy
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
I skipped my senior prom and everything turned out fine. But I didn't have a girlfriend at the time. You won't regret not going to prom, but she will.

I say go. If you don't, your girl will be pissed at you. If you do, she'll probably give you a blow jay. Dave Mustaine won't do that.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I went to my training instead of prom, but then I did have a competition the next day.
The only thing I missed out was my best mate at the time stripping on the stage.
Which happens all the time anyway.
Megadeth.
Quote by XzX_Patrick_XzX

and thats the thing i dont give a **** what she says lol,

class act right here.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by david_highland
I skipped my my senior prom to do nothing....I'd say go ahead and do it.

yeah cmon COB cant miss em. lol at your teacher for saying youll regret it. youll actually regret not going to the concert. If your GF is gonna be really hurt though and your both in love then dont miss the prom.
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
Quote by mr morgan
do you love her, go to the prom. do you love megadeth, go to the concert. :-)

i havent been dating her long, but i do like her.

i have been listening to megadeth for years and i love them.

but she is only a sophomore so she will have the chance to go to her own prom so its not like im ruining it for her
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
I dunno. I'd probably go to the concert, I'd probably do a lot more dancing there anyways... even though I'm not that into megadeth, best make it worth the while.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I wouldnt skip it. I mean come on Megadeath will tour again, you will get another chance to see them. The Prom only happens once, plus if you have a girlfriend who wants to go, not taking her well its not going to do your relationship any good... Look its only going to happen to you once, im sure you will get a chance to see Megadeath again.
Quote by Feel bad inc.
im sure you will get a chance to see Megadeath again.

but the next time i have the chance to see them, it could be my second time seeing them. which is twice as cool as the first.

and i will have another chance to go to prom, if we are still together, but it will be hers instead of mine.

but she better hope theres not a megadeth concert on her prom date too lol
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484

Prom.

The biggest gathering of douche bags in all of your years of school. My seniour year I'll probably go to get in fights and to talk ****.

Actually that makes me the biggest douche bag there.
Quote by XzX_Patrick_XzX
but the next time i have the chance to see them, it could be my second time seeing them. which is twice as cool as the first.

and i will have another chance to go to prom, if we are still together, but it will be hers instead of mine.

but she better hope theres not a megadeth concert on her prom date too lol

So you dont have any friends going? No reason to go at all?

Man only reason id miss my high school formal would be to see Pink Floyd or the Beatles, both of which I doubt will be doing a concert I could get to (but if Floyd came to australia id walk down).

But o well go see Megadeath if you cant think of a reason to go to your prom.
I have no regrets about missing mine.

Everyone who went said it was **** too.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
all of my friends graduated like 2 years ago. there is less than 10 people in the whole school i like enough to talk to, not counting chicks.

i really have no reason to go to it,l and would prolly kill myself if i missed this concert because my brother and all my friends are going and they would never let me live it down.
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
^ right there you answered your own question, but it has been stated before, prom isnt that big of deal, and all you will miss are the jocks acting like they are hot **** because they can dance to the "music" they play there. Speaking of which, you know they will play the same songs they have been playing at dances for years, and you will have those lame slow songs where you waddle around "slow dancing" to.

The concert sounds like a much better time, and probably will be cheaper, (tux rental, dinner, tix, ride, really adds up.....)
i got stuck working on the night of prom (all the people going to prom got the night off, bastards!) anyway man, go to the show and find a kickass way to make up for not taking your girl to prom...like candlelight dinner or something cheesy like that.
dude, skipping prom for megadeth is totally worth it, be wary of the girlfriend troubles though.

most idiots know that when a girl says "its fine" then it most certainly aint.
Are you serial. Senior prom is once in a lifetime dude. Megadeth will come again.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
I missed both of mine but I'm English so it isn't as important.

I was gonna say you could end up dumped if you don't go to the prom, but if this is YOUR prom and she's just a sophomore, does that mean she'd be going to the senior prom just because you're taking her? Don't bother, just go to hers next year.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by yoshixxx7
Are you serial. Senior prom is once in a lifetime dude. Megadeth will come again.

Oh suuuuure. Then in two years it'll be Megadeth: The Final Tour touring America, then, Megadeth: The Reunion Tour touring all those obscure european countries you've never heard of, then finally Megadeth: The ULTIMATE TOUR, tickets for which will cost more than a house, boat, car and house-boat-car combined, and by then Megadeth will be banned from all non-American states due to that crazy new president with his radical ideas.

So let me conclude with:

BITCHES COME AND GO. FUCKING GO TO MEGADETH.
prom is a once in a lifetime opportunity, don't blow it on a concert. plus don't make your girlfriend upset if she's looking forward to it.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
If u go to prom and skip your concert, you'll get laid...hardcore :O

But no, my solution...if u do plan on going to the concert, do something special to make up for it, something real special to show her you care.

just figure out the most romantic date possible.

assuming your girlfirned is not a total bitch, she'd forgive you for skipping the prom for gigantour and she'll be happy cause she knows you care as you made up for it

everybody = wins
I don't know, Megadeth is tempting

You only have a chance for going to the prom once, ONCE in your life. ONCE!

Megadeth will tour again then you can go see them and your girlfriend won't be mad

EDIT: Did you say she has her prom next year? ok, go to the megadeth concert then go to her prom next year, everyone wins
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Last edited by Dimster Ds at Jan 26, 2008,
**** dude, Go see Megadeth!
She should be saying "Forget the prom, you idiot and get me a ticket too!"
Then you should get action for showin her a wicked time at a ****in amazing show...
If she says anything besides that...Do you really want HER as a girlfriend anyway?

Dump her ass and pick up a new chick at the concert..at least you'll know that she'd have good taste in music...
Quote by IMPERIUMMMM
If u go to prom and skip your concert, you'll get laid...hardcore :O

But no, my solution...if u do plan on going to the concert, do something special to make up for it, something real special to show her you care.

just figure out the most romantic date possible.

assuming your girlfirned is not a total bitch, she'd forgive you for skipping the prom for gigantour and she'll be happy cause she knows you care as you made up for it

everybody = wins

not a bad idea, might also be an idea to do the "make up for it" thing before the prom as well otherwise it might become one of those things that keeps getting put off and off and eventually you'll be screwed and not in the good way
Only read a few replies, but I figure most people are siding with the Megadeth concert.

I say, you're making the wrong decision. The prom seems like it's important to your girlfriend, and she will have only one senior prom ever. And you never know, maybe you'll have a good time. There will be other concerts.
But what do I know, I'm a pussy that totally gives into my girlfriend on any matter, and I hate all the bands on that tour (i know that has no revelance, seeing as I'm not the one going, but maybe it biased my decision. I still stand by it though. :P)
Well, if you have no intrest in the prom whatsoever and want to go to the concert, if you do go to the prom, you'll probably in a bad mood and might 'ruin' it for your girlfriend. You'll be pissed off with her because you couldn't go to concert and she'll be pissed with you for wrecking the night. I think we know the obvious decision.
MUNSTER

Heineken Cup Champions 2005/2006 2007/2008

Page 1 of 4