Ok so i just bought a standard strat body
i planned to put a mighty mite licensed neck on but now the idea of doin a baritone came up...
is it possible to place a baritone neck on it?
Maybe if i would widen the neck pocket??
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
It may work, as long as you place the bridge in the right spot. Standard Strats use a 25.5" scale length, and baritones are usually 28"-ish.
ok thanks
so could i use the pre drilled holes and just use a bariton neck to get that 28" scale?
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-POD X3L
Quote by LiveinBerkum
Ok so i just bought a standard strat body
i planned to put a mighty mite licensed neck on but now the idea of doin a baritone came up...
is it possible to place a baritone neck on it?
Maybe if i would widen the neck pocket??

There are a few companies that make baritone necks that will fit into your standard neck pocket. I'm not sure what companies do this but I know that their are some.
Not taking any online orders.
ok but i'm scared if the scale would be fine...
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-POD X3L
I'm almost positive warmoth & stew mac have some "retrofit" baritone necks that will go right in place of your standard strat neck.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
alright
thanks guys i'm gonna do some research on that!
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-POD X3L
Quote by LiveinBerkum
alright
thanks guys i'm gonna do some research on that!

What you need to know mainly is that the distance from the nut to the twelfth fret, and the distance from the bridge to the twelfth fret, have to be the same.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I'm almost positive warmoth & stew mac have some "retrofit" baritone necks that will go right in place of your standard strat neck.

certainly do! You can put the bridge in the same place as well because the extra length from the 12th to the body is made up by having an extra 3 frets compared to the standard fender affair. Quite expensive but it's worth it because of the quality.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Only problem will the first fret will be alot further away. Basses have the long scale but they put the bridge almost at the back edge of the body so the neck wont be to long.