Yes
50 27%
**** No!!
54 29%
Only if he sucked Paul Gilberts Balls.
84 45%
Voters: 188.
Page 1 of 2
Now we all know of the hatred and contempt that the pit has for this so called "music" released by the "artist" Soulja Boy. However i raise this question to you, the all knowing Pit.

What if Soulja Boy was actually a Genius. Hear me out. What if he was taking advantage of the whole hip hop recording industry and getting rich by milking the system and mocking rap.
If five years from now Soulja Boy openly attacks the hip hop genre claiming it has defiled music and exposes the ignorant nature of the masses that subscribe to it would you forgive him for the atrocities which he has released upon the world.... would you?
You are now blinking manually
After reading your post, the only thing I can muster to say is "lol wut?"
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Dude soulja boi can't spell his song correctly writes on his glasses with tip ex and looks like he has raided yngwie malmsteen's wardrobe.
Quote by Keyphur
Now we all know of the hatred and contempt that the pit has for this so called "music" released by the "artist" Soulja Boy. However i raise this question to you, the all knowing Pit.

What if Soulja Boy was actually a Genius. Hear me out. What if he was taking advantage of the whole hip hop recording industry and getting rich by milking the system and mocking rap.
If five years from now Soulja Boy openly attacks the hip hop genre claiming it has defiled music and exposes the ignorant nature of the masses that subscribe to it would you forgive him for the atrocities which he has released upon the world.... would you?

Hip-hop is not for ignorant people... Only the hiphop we hear in mainstream media, has been completely washed of any real content

But yes, Soulja Boy is a genius, because his music(Like all other mainstream hiphop) is braindead entertainment for the masses, and he's already made a fortune
Quote by josh999x
Dude soulja boi can't spell his song correctly writes on his glasses with tip ex and looks like he has raided yngwie malmsteen's wardrobe.

thats part of the whole facade
Well I was thinking about it.

He is talentless...we all know that. But maybe he knows that also, and just (like you said) takes advantage of this post hip-hop scene by releasing and writing terrible songs.

He pwned the record industry.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
They all milk this industry, why there is so many songs out there like it.
Its a load of bollocks and what is up with this kind of music that they must fill 2 or 3 minutes with just shouting out a simple word like "what" or whatever.
All "artists" like Soulja Boy are obviously just cashing in on the whole music industry, just go look at some of his lyrics its obvious that even a 2 year old could of wrote them.
F*** No. Plus hes not the mastermind behind his career, a whole bunch of music industry executives that made him, his image, wrote his music, made his videos, made arrangments for him to perform at one awards show or another, are the brains behind his career. They are also the ones that are gonna get rich from this. Soulja boy will get the crumbs from their table sort to speak.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by Stuart90
They all milk this industry, why there is so many songs out there like it.
Its a load of bollocks and what is up with this kind of music that they must fill 2 or 3 minutes with just shouting out a simple word like "what" or whatever.
All "artists" like Soulja Boy are obviously just cashing in on the whole music industry, just go look at some of his lyrics its obvious that even a 2 year old could of wrote them.

a two year old???? HONESTLY???

what kindov retard children are you around all day... I've Had Sperm smarter than Soulja boy
He's not a genius, the people who marketed him are. He made a tight club song that can appeal to even lame White people and was able to get a #1 hit for like 8 weeks from it.
The kid can scarcely form a coherent sentence, let alone be a mastermind of any kind.
i like crank dat soulja boy
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Wow... to think I spent my few moments here, on this site, on this thread, reading, of all the things I could be doing elsewhere-- like sleeping-- but no, I chose to view this thread.

There hasn't been a true genius in music since someone went... "Hey, you know, this sound is devided up, into... like segments." And thus music theory was born.

And that was most certainly not that doll of oddity you refer to.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
I would love if he did come out and say that in a few years... He would become my hero.
It would be very entertaining to see him say that. Maybe not in 5 years time. Maybe when he's earned enough money from his first single, he'll admit it, and never release anything again.

All the people that bought it will feel stupid.

But then, imagine if Metallica or someone, came out and said the same thing, that all his fans are tools and he's just milking money off of them. How would you feel?
I'd forgive Soulja Boy if he was sucked on Paul Gilbert's balls forever.

If Metallica or a good band would pull something like this, at least it wouldn't be so bad since their songs actually have quality to their music. Then again, I've never liked a lot of modern rap, r&b and hip hop.
Quote by chiselite
I'd forgive Soulja Boy if he was sucked on Paul Gilbert's balls forever.

If Metallica or a good band would pull something like this, at least it wouldn't be so bad since their songs actually have quality to their music. Then again, I've never liked a lot of modern rap, r&b and hip hop.

The thing is, if you think it's good music, but in actual fact it's all been composed by someone else as a mockery, and they mimed it onstage the whole time.

I doubt it would happen, but if it did, you'd be pretty offended.
I love that song

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by DZCunuck
F*** No. Plus hes not the mastermind behind his career, a whole bunch of music industry executives that made him, his image, wrote his music, made his videos, made arrangments for him to perform at one awards show or another, are the brains behind his career. They are also the ones that are gonna get rich from this. Soulja boy will get the crumbs from their table sort to speak.

You're uninformed.

He recorded it in his home in like an hour. Some producer thought it would work and it did. Everyone started trying to do the superman and looking cool, he made money.
He either actually thinks his music is really good.

Or he is really smart and knows how to make money.

If I was black and had the ability to rap, I would probably do the same thing..
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']WTF? A genius? Just listen to that song they play all the time. The beat sounds like it was masterminded by a fucking 4 year-olds!

He was insisting that Soulja boy is just playing millions of people like a fiddle. That Soulja Boy hates his "music" and is just making it to get rich and famous.
Quote by TenDollarHooker
He was insisting that Soulja boy is just playing millions of people like a fiddle. That Soulja Boy hates his "music" and is just making it to get rich and famous.

Why is that one song so huge anyways? I mean, pretty much anyone could make a tackier beat, a better video, and better lyrics.

I like old-schoolish rap very much, especially the early 90s whole gangsta-funk movement. I can't understand why crap like Soulja Boy can be so huge.
anyone can write a song about ejaculating on to a ho's back
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
YAH YAH TRICK!!

That was strangely on-topic. Only Soulja Boy knows why.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Last edited by "putnamehere" at Jan 26, 2008,
You know, I've wondered this same thing for a while... Hip-Hop has gotten so ridiculous that I honestly began to wonder if they were trying to sound that stupid.

I think it would be funny if Souldja Boy were to take off all of his ridiculous looking clothes, and speak in a dignified manner about how atrocious Hip-Hop music has become. It would be like "I just got millions of dollars off of you idiots. See ya!!"

I don't blame Hip-Hop really though... If stupid people didn't enjoy it, then it wouldn't exist. I blame the idiot preppy teens who listen to it.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by GiantRaven
But they didn't

now supersoak that ho= now ejaculate onto this bitch

really it's the same thing
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
You know he only did this so you he can go to school to become a computer animator. Newgrounds did an interview with him.
Quote by Keyphur

yes, yes I was

but.......it won;t happen, nor is he smart enough to do such a thing.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Page 1 of 2