I've been playing acoustic for a while and I just got my first electric, but I'm a bit worried about the string tension on the electric. The strings feel so loose, but the guitar is perfectly in tune (Standard). Are electrics normally like this? Because sometimes when I play a certain chord, I accidentally bend some of the strings. Thats how loose they feel.
you just got your first electrc and your comment under your name is "UGs future herman li"
wtf
Well lets just say its roughly twice as easy to bend as normal steel acoustics.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing. I just noticed that when I hold down a note, I can slightly change the pitch just by pushing down harder.
Last edited by leephan at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by a6l6e6x1
you just got your first electrc and your comment under your name is "UGs future herman li"
wtf

UG's future Herman Li.
maybe get heavier guage strings then, seeing as you are new to the electric, i would suggest getting a guitar store dude restring it...adjust the truss rod etc. he shopuld suggest a good guage, that wont kill your neck.

I have 10-52 on my electric, and whenever i play light guage strings, they feel like poop, aka what you feel.

If your guitar is a squire, then this all makes sense cos i know they get SUPER light guage strings on them stock.
Quote by Phe4rTheGod

awww...talkin shit tryin to defend a fagband??? how cute...fuck opeth...lamb of god is what makes metal these days...they are what pantera was in the 80's and 90's...prickfuck...talk shit...

Quote by Danis1
maybe get heavier guage strings then, seeing as you are new to the electric, i would suggest getting a guitar store dude restring it...adjust the truss rod etc. he shopuld suggest a good guage, that wont kill your neck.

I have 10-52 on my electric, and whenever i play light guage strings, they feel like poop, aka what you feel.

If your guitar is a squire, then this all makes sense cos i know they get SUPER light guage strings on them stock.

Hmmm... The current string gauge that I have right now looks like it would be the only one that would fit in my nut. That, or a smaller gauge. Btw my guitar isn't a squire.
You might like 11-50 better, I can't stand 10-52. Try both.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Im on 12-54s atm.....they take a bit of getting used to, but i love the fat sound you get
Drive me home Jeeves