ive had my guitar now for about a month and have had enough of the bridge (edge III) Ive got all the warrentys n stuff but my Dad said since they lowered the price for me I cant return it is that true?? Will I be able to return it anyway or have I had it too long?
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
i could understand after a week, but a month? i don't think they would take a return.
Well I thought that would happen so I might aswell save up for an OFR
How much could I get one for In the UK and where could I get it from

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Last edited by 12joey.c12 at Jan 26, 2008,
ah the infamous edge 3 my mate has the exact same problem. na its not worth installing a new floyed you might as well buy a new guitar because it's heaps expensive to get a f/r installed
I thought An OFR would slot straight in to the cavity??

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
If I could get an OFR would I need all the stuff (locking nut, Springs etc ) to go with it or could I just use my stuff from the edge III???

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
The Edge 3 would be able to be replaced by an OFR, but like another poster a few hours ago this sounds much more like it's the set up it requires to get it to hold it's tune that's the problem, this won't be fixed by a direct replacement with with an OFR

The Edge 3 will do it's job of holding pitch and etc very fine, it's only a poor bridge once it's poor materials and lowly construction cause it to break
But i'd just give the shop a call to see if they'll let you return it

EDIT: Here is the basic set up for all floating bridges pretty clearly explained http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html
Last edited by philipisabeast at Jan 26, 2008,
depends where you got your guitar from....i returned mine after 40 days - and just because they lowered the price doesn't mean you don't get your full amount back...thats why you have a receipt.
If the guitar has a fault, surely they must either refund or fix the issue.. what is the problem you have..?

What you paid is no issue, lowered or not, if it aint fit for purpose you are entitled to have the problem sorted....