As far as i'm aware it's just aesthetics between the two
One has the face plate and nice Galaxy colouring
The other is the textured silver/gold one no?

I think it's just more of a case of what you'd rather keep in the long run
if you make threads like this, no one is ever going to give you a straight response.
why? well because that is a really weird, broad question, especially considering you gave us no other details about your guitar playing.

or maybe you mean to ask what model is better built? in that case they should be the same seeing as they are they same build level, just different specs..

looking at the two now, i think the only difference is the pickguard, or lack thereof.

i am not sure about the 2570E, but the 2550E has been upgraded to the 2550Z for 2008. what this means is that the trem is a new design, whether it is better is another matter, BUT, it is looking to be a god idea. the ibanez american site hasnt been updated for this trem but i think they woulda upgraded the 2570E as well, something to take note of i guess.
Quote by Phe4rTheGod

awww...talkin shit tryin to defend a fagband??? how cute...fuck opeth...lamb of god is what makes metal these days...they are what pantera was in the 80's and 90's...prickfuck...talk shit...

Last edited by Danis1 at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by Danis1
if you make threads like this, no one is ever going to give you a straight response.
why? well because that is a really weird, broad question, especially considering you gave us no other details about your guitar playing.

+1

Sorry to be a pain in the ass TS, but I'm going to make a weirdo comment in response to your weirdo question.

2570 because its a bigger number.
Well, I have the 2550, so that would be my choice.

One thing to consider, the textured finish on the 2570 rubs off on contact spots (from your lap/clothing) where as the smooth galaxy finish on the 2550 is (probably) less likely to rub off.

Then again, it's a hell of alot easier to spot a ding/scratch on the shiny black than the textured silver/gold.
^That's true. I went with the 2550E. I'm not usually a fan of pickguards but I'll take a guitar with a pickguard over a solid finish anyday. And galaxy black is kinda hot.