Does anyone know of any metal songs with clean leads in them? My distortion is F***ed
and it wont be fixed for a while so i need to learn some clean stuff
Maybe it's not on top of the charts, but we're still standing strong. So we'll be here forever. United and hard we stand.
- Dimebag

If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer.
Why limit yourself to metal? There's a whole world of other genres out there, and learning some clean riffs from those could really help your playing, and maybe even convert you to their cause
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Deep Purple - Soldier Of Fortune
one of the best and very fun clean song to play.
Not metal but its ok.
check out "crossroads theme" aka eugenes bag of tricks, its a sweet neo-classical thing by Steve Vai. pure, clean, sweep-picking fun. circa 1987 (party on Cruetallica!)
The first part of One,some riffs in Fade To Black and Sanitarium,In My Darkest Hour...
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Quote by DTOE
Why limit yourself to metal? There's a whole world of other genres out there, and learning some clean riffs from those could really help your playing, and maybe even convert you to their cause

I hope you realise metal is a diverse genre that has a ridiculous amount of sub genres, being limited to metal is not much limitation at all.
Quote by BLOODLETTING
Opeth is the way to go.

hell yea-some songs

To Bid You Farewell
Or anything off the Damnation album its all clean electric or acoustic.
Still Day Beneath The Sun
Patterns in the Ivy
Patterns in the Ivy II
One and the clean solo from Master of Puppets ftw
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Quote by Drakaru
I hope you realise metal is a diverse genre that has a ridiculous amount of sub genres, being limited to metal is not much limitation at all.

Yeah of course man, but there's some styles of playing, different progressions etc, that you're quite unlikely to come across in the umbrella that is 'metal', so some other genres would certainly expand horizons somewhat. But yeah, metal is INCREDIBLY diverse!
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
cold - At the gates
The interlude riff before the solo suddenly goes into this awesome clean tone passage
its an amazing build up to the solo